Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

JZStudios said:
Assuming fuel injection; on over run it executes fuel cut off (essentially) in neutral it obviously supplying idle amounts if fuel.
How does engine braking kill your car?

Never ride brakes, esp downhill, should be used after, or in conjunction with engine braking if possible, and  braking should  be intentional applications, not a constant use.
I couldn't really tell you honestly. I've got something wrong with (Pretty sure) the exhaust, so engine braking and driving at low revs (under 2k) cause it to act up and bog down.
And I don't want to ride my brakes, but other people force me to. The last 5 or so miles down the mountain didn't have any parking pulloffs, so unless I just wanted to stop in the middle of the road...
Though some people are good about seeing someone come up behind them and pull off to let them pass.
I drove up here once.   

https://flic.kr/p/hGu3Sp
When I was driving my dad's car back in the 90's (Fiat 126p) I used to switch the engine off completely at the start of the descent leaving the key in ON position just not to lock the steering wheel (anti-theft feature). There were no servos so brakes and steering still worked ;) Engine off = no fuel burned (there was no fuel injector too).
Dytut said:
Well... we're starved for gossip?

• Body needs more kebabpizza
Yeah. Cmon guys, some proper gossip is needed or else it's just better to make the sequel to Pizza Tycoon! @ChristinaMc @KickUp @urgaffel 

If not here, then atleast in the hidden section of the forum ;)
Hey guys, that's my first comment on the codies forum after a little bit of lurking on this thread lol.
I think I've found some juicy news. Basically I stumbled upon a french site reporting that some codemasters guys were recording audio from the ford fiesta rallycross car of Pascal Le Nouvel. Then they mentioned that the audio that they're recording  for "Dirt rally 4" (hoping is a troll, after all this wondering if they were coming up with dirt 4 or dirt rally 2...) mentioning august 2017 as release date.
Link to the news in french, hope I didn't misread anything due to my low french level XD
http://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/tremuson-22440/tremuson-jeux-video-des-enregistrements-inedits-laeroport-4516097

AnegloPlz said:
Hey guys, that's my first comment on the codies forum after a little bit of lurking on this thread lol.
I think I've found some juicy news. Basically I stumbled upon a french site reporting that some codemasters guys were recording audio from the ford fiesta rallycross car of Pascal Le Nouvel. Then they mentioned that the audio that they're recording  for "Dirt rally 4" (hoping is a troll, after all this wondering if they were coming up with dirt 4 or dirt rally 2...) mentioning august 2017 as release date.
Link to the news in french, hope I didn't misread anything due to my low french level XD
http://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/tremuson-22440/tremuson-jeux-video-des-enregistrements-inedits-laeroport-4516097

Awesome first post AnegloPlz! Not sure how reliable Google translate is, but I read that as DiRT Rally 4 as well. 
KevM said:
Ack Iv said for ages that the RX partnership would possibly warrant a stand-alone game  

I dont want an RX game though...  :(
Well one would assume that, if it was just a pure rallycross game, it wouldn't carry the name "DiRT Rally 4"? (On the assumption that article/Google translate is accurate)
Porkhammer said:
KevM said:
Ack Iv said for ages that the RX partnership would possibly warrant a stand-alone game  

I dont want an RX game though...  :(
I wouldn't want that either, Kev - but worry not. I doubt Codies would do that to us. I reckon it'd be just another side activity.
Honestly I would really like a world rx stand-alone game, I found it pretty interesting in dirt rally despite the tiny amount of tracks...sometimes is more thrilling racing against 5 cars in a tight competition than alone in a 10km route in Finland XD But I feel like it will still cover a minor portion of next game's content
I have been hankering for "real" rallycross content since DiRT 1, so I love the rallycross portion of DR (despite the lack of tracks). 

A standalone game would be great but, even with historic content and more tracks, I question whether that would be enough to fill a full price title. I'm also unsure if rallycross has enough appeal to justify a game of its own. 

The rally, rallycross and Pikes Peak mix of DR is the perfect mix in my personal opinion: it just needs bulking up now!
AnegloPlz said:

"I met Christopher Jojo engineer in this company in England. He was looking for a car to make these recordings for the creation of the new video game, Dirt Rally4, which will be released in August 2017, he said. So I suggested to him that of Pascal. This is the first such operation in France and the first car of this type registered for Code masters. "

What type of car was it?  A RallyX car?  Its described as a Focus WRC, but clearly a Fiesta with blanked lights...

& with Christina in Germany, its pointing at FIA World RallyX
KevM said:
AnegloPlz said:

"I met Christopher Jojo engineer in this company in England. He was looking for a car to make these recordings for the creation of the new video game, Dirt Rally4, which will be released in August 2017, he said. So I suggested to him that of Pascal. This is the first such operation in France and the first car of this type registered for Code masters. "

What type of car was it?  A RallyX car?  Its described as a Focus WRC, but clearly a Fiesta with blanked lights...

Yep,the car they recorded is clearly a rallycross one, specifically it is the car of  Le Nouvel that showed up at this years' wrx round in France
KevM said:
AnegloPlz said:

Yeah, it's Pascal Le Nouvel's Fiesta Supercar: Nouvel had a Focus, but he switched to a Fiesta. France has a very strong national rallycross Championship (arguably the strongest in the World) and it's obviously close to the UK, so seems a logical place to go and record car audio! 
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Assuming fuel injection; on over run it executes fuel cut off (essentially) in neutral it obviously supplying idle amounts if fuel.
How does engine braking kill your car?

Never ride brakes, esp downhill, should be used after, or in conjunction with engine braking if possible, and  braking should  be intentional applications, not a constant use.
I couldn't really tell you honestly. I've got something wrong with (Pretty sure) the exhaust, so engine braking and driving at low revs (under 2k) cause it to act up and bog down.
And I don't want to ride my brakes, but other people force me to. The last 5 or so miles down the mountain didn't have any parking pulloffs, so unless I just wanted to stop in the middle of the road...
Though some people are good about seeing someone come up behind them and pull off to let them pass.
I drove up here once.   

https://flic.kr/p/hGu3Sp
That's disturbingly close....
I had a science teacher whose husband worked there so we spent the night up there talking about geeky things like Star Trek, 3d modelling and animation, Star Wars, a fairly massive crescent wrench (Though we have a bigger one) and of course stars and telescopes. Even a bit of liquid nitrogen.

PaloSamo said:
When I was driving my dad's car back in the 90's (Fiat 126p) I used to switch the engine off completely at the start of the descent leaving the key in ON position just not to lock the steering wheel (anti-theft feature). There were no servos so brakes and steering still worked ;) Engine off = no fuel burned (there was no fuel injector too).
I haven't tried that... I also have the locking steering wheel, which I find annoying. Not sure if that keeps the power steering on or not, and I'd rather have that.

As to DiRT Rally 4.0 FIA WRX Super Deluxe Rally Turbo Edition... it could be a fun little spinoff. DR wasn't full price either was it? If they did a WRX game it could be $30-40 (Unless they add in a whole crap ton of stuff) and they could work on the really weird tarmac handling. Win win win win. Win.