Jump to content Jump to content

tbtstt said:
I have been hankering for "real" rallycross content since DiRT 1, so I love the rallycross portion of DR (despite the lack of tracks). 

A standalone game would be great but, even with historic content and more tracks, I question whether that would be enough to fill a full price title. I'm also unsure if rallycross has enough appeal to justify a game of its own. 

The rally, rallycross and Pikes Peak mix of DR is the perfect mix in my personal opinion: it just needs bulking up now!
RX is perfect as a side dish to proper rally. A standalone game isn't viable imo.

I wrote about implementing proper rallycross when they put out a huge survey a few years back. I figure that survey is what later became DR.

They have done an awesome job to capture the feel of the sport. We just need more content and a true multiplayer mode!
I remember a while back there was a post from Steve Perez of codemasters recording his focus for 'Dirt 4', and that clearly turned out to be dirt rally. So I'd guess that they don't reveal much to the car owners during the recording sessions

& Gibsons RX 6R4 was recorded well after Dirt Rally was finished, including a perfect sounding 6R4 Rally car!?
KevM said:
I remember a while back there was a post from Steve Perez of codemasters recording his focus for 'Dirt 4', and that clearly turned out to be dirt rally. So I'd guess that they don't reveal much to the car owners during the recording sessions

& Gibsons RX 6R4 was recorded well after Dirt Rally was finished, including a perfect sounding 6R4 Rally car!?
Retro rallycross on next DiRT maybe? :)
Just to put some of the DiRT 4 focused stuff to rest.  Frankly we don't really know quite yet, here is why:

This is from Eurogamer back in February 

"And that, quite possibly, will be what's ultimately known as Dirt 4 - a game that's been teased while Codemasters experimented with the series, first with 2012's Dirt Showdown and then with Dirt Rally. Perhaps Codemasters is now ready to move on to the next big thing. 

"For me, this is the fourth Dirt," Coleman originally said of Dirt Rally back when the project was first formally announced. "Naming aside, there are conversations going on at an executive level, and there's a sense that if we call it Dirt 4 are people expecting all the bells and whistles of a console product with all the production values associated with it. They want to save that name for that product."

Codemasters aren't talking about Dirt 4 just yet, understandably, though they've clearly already got ideas for what it could be."

Things change over months, especially names.  So it could very well be known as DR2 or if they add other disciplines to the mix (baja, dakar, or whatever) it will probably be DiRT4.

PERSONALLY, I would like to see a split in the titles.  Keep both serious no BroMance to D2, but have DR2 as a pure stage rally title with special stages and hillclimb since its virtually the same racing only without co-driver.  Second would be D4 w/WRX, Baja/Dakar/Rally Raid racing, maybe some sort of stadium/trophy truck racing, also whatever you UK guys do with those big 'lory' trucks.

I would only hope they could make them in parallel, but I don't want to speculate if thats possible.  However Grid and DirtX have been developed at the same time/same studio.

gfRally said:
Just to put some of the DiRT 4 focused stuff to rest.  Frankly we don't really know quite yet, here is why:

This is from Eurogamer back in February 

"And that, quite possibly, will be what's ultimately known as Dirt 4 - a game that's been teased while Codemasters experimented with the series, first with 2012's Dirt Showdown and then with Dirt Rally. Perhaps Codemasters is now ready to move on to the next big thing. 

"For me, this is the fourth Dirt," Coleman originally said of Dirt Rally back when the project was first formally announced. "Naming aside, there are conversations going on at an executive level, and there's a sense that if we call it Dirt 4 are people expecting all the bells and whistles of a console product with all the production values associated with it. They want to save that name for that product."

Codemasters aren't talking about Dirt 4 just yet, understandably, though they've clearly already got ideas for what it could be."

Things change over months, especially names.  So it could very well be known as DR2 or if they add other disciplines to the mix (baja, dakar, or whatever) it will probably be DiRT4.

PERSONALLY, I would like to see a split in the titles.  Keep both serious no BroMance to D2, but have DR2 as a pure stage rally title with special stages and hillclimb since its virtually the same racing only without co-driver.  Second would be D4 w/WRX, Baja/Dakar/Rally Raid racing, maybe some sort of stadium/trophy truck racing, also whatever you UK guys do with those big 'lory' trucks.

Yup. I hope for Dirt Rally 2.0. It's a nice nod to the past.

If we get a Dirt Rally 2.0 with a new/modern engine I hope that they will support that game for a period of time adding features/content over time instead of releasing a yearly product.

And I still want RX to be included a DR branded game ;)
Where does the 'reacquainted with an old friend' tweet fit?

If the new game is scheduled for august release, it's on time for Colin's birthday & early for his anniversary also.

The newly evolved physics that were hinted, should be more noticeable & better showcased on a Rally stage than on an RX circuit surely?

IF it's a CMcRae themed title, PLEASE let us take the Mk2 over Molls Gap & a 6R4 up Knockalla!!!  B)

All i want for next game is a game with a big focus on Rally, like DR, but just better and with more content.

If they do a D4, or a stand alone RX game ( what???? ), i'm gonna be very disappointed, and i bet all you guys want that i'm not gonna be the only one...

KevM said:

If the new game is scheduled for august release, it's on time for Colin's birthday & early for his anniversary also.

The newly evolved physics that were hinted, should be more noticeable & better showcased on a Rally stage than on an RX circuit surely?

IF it's a CMcRae themed title, PLEASE let us take the Mk2 over Molls Gap & a 6R4 up Knockalla!!!  B)
Don't worry, it'l will be a rally game with RX on the side, not the other way around ;)
KevM said:
CMR 2.0 had both rally and rallycross, plus a lot of people remember it as one of the best presented games in the series, so perhaps that is the inspiration for the new game? 
In the next title, would you include DR stages? I think they deserve long life, they have awesome level of detail
If possible I'd like to see everything back from DR again. There are some brilliant stages (and tracks) in there, I'd like to able to try them again with the new handling model that has been mentioned!
Hatward said:
urgaffel said:
There's a hidden section of the forum? :open_mouth:

•  Body needs 1 more secret kebab
Shhh nobody tell him! :p 
Tell him about what ? :*

gfRally said:
I would like to see a split in the titles.  Keep both serious no BroMance to D2, but have DR2 as a pure stage rally title with special stages and hillclimb since its virtually the same racing only without co-driver.  Second would be D4 w/WRX, Baja/Dakar/Rally Raid racing, maybe some sort of stadium/trophy truck racing
Me likey
tbtstt said:
KevM said:
CMR 2.0 had both rally and rallycross, plus a lot of people remember it as one of the best presented games in the series, so perhaps that is the inspiration for the new game?
Well, it wasn't rallycross per say. You were just driving rally cars on some rally stages made into circuits with simplified physics. Thus it was called "Arcade mode". That mode was best in Sweden with Fireball cheat :D
tbtstt said:
KevM said:
Well, it wasn't rallycross per say. You were just driving rally cars on some rally stages made into circuits with simplified physics. Thus it was called "Arcade mode". That mode was best in Sweden with Fireball cheat :D
Yeah, sorry, I appreciate it was a bit of a stretch to call it "rallycross". Just rally and rallycross in one title though: I wonder?...
dgeesi0 said:

MaXyMsrpl said:
Recently I saw pictures of ice racing in pCars2
just spent the last hr on Monte carlo in dirt rally drifting the 6r4 on snow ice.not everything is about being the fastest sometimes sideways is more fun :)

can just imagine pcars on ice my god the nightmare :D
Give the M3 a go next, thats a challenge!!
KevM said:
dgeesi0 said:

MaXyMsrpl said:
Recently I saw pictures of ice racing in pCars2
just spent the last hr on Monte carlo in dirt rally drifting the 6r4 on snow ice.not everything is about being the fastest sometimes sideways is more fun :)

can just imagine pcars on ice my god the nightmare :D
Give the M3 a go next, thats a challenge!!
think the metro is actually harder.tbh.bmw is awesome though.