Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by CMPJTierney

gfRally said:
Come on guys it's Toyota, not Subaru, no need to be upset...  :joy:
I'd wager it's more like... every manufacturer. Compared to other racing games devs/publishers, Codies seem to have a really hard time getting licenses.
We're doing much better on the friend-making front at the moment. :) 

There's no coming back from this one though, you savage! :D

https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/784392978693513216

zoliRX said:
gfRally said:
Come on guys it's Toyota, not Subaru, no need to be upset...  :joy:
I'd wager it's more like... every manufacturer. Compared to other racing games devs/publishers, Codies seem to have a really hard time getting licenses.
We're doing much better on the friend-making front at the moment. :) 

There's no coming back from this one though, you savage! :D

https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/784392978693513216

I remember playing Pro Rally 2001 quite a bit back in the day.
I got my first PC steering wheel for Christmas in 2001 and couldn't stop playing that game.
I was so happy with my little Logitech MOMO Force!

I already played CMR and CMR 2.0 with a keyboard but for my birthday in 2002 I got CMR 3.
That was the first CMR game I played with a steering wheel and since then I bought every single one of them.
Pfffff I miss those days. It all felt so magical!
Looks like I'm a sucker for nostalgia! 
I had a MOMO Force, until the shaft snapped (oo-er) so I now have a G27. I've got every rally game ever on PC (I believe). V-Rally 2 had spectators running out the way I believe, not sure if that pre-dated Rally Championship Xtreme.

Pro Rally 2001 can be made to work on modern systems now using nGlide and an updated exe from the nGlide site here: http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/compatibility
I had to edit much more because it has been a long while that I took break from editing!!

But since you've been discussing vintage rally games, here is CMR2.0 with Porky's replays! Thank you for the replays mate and thank you for watching chaps!

https://youtu.be/gqjEVieSDaQ
Darhour said:
I had to edit much more because it has been a long while that I took break from editing!!

But since you've been discussing vintage rally games, here is CMR2.0 with Porky's replays! Thank you for the replays mate and thank you for watching chaps!

https://youtu.be/gqjEVieSDaQ
Video blocked in my country (Finland) due to copyrighted music...
That was unfortunate and it could only be played inside 8 countries... I guess I have to delete it then. I filed the dispute for not making money from it because I don't monetize my videos but they seemed to be not caring at all and immediately refused the claim lol
Dytut said:
Yeah, still quiet on the gossip front. VIPs that have been on "stages", so guess some known rally folk have been over for feedback. Did Abbring return with Neuville as company? :-)
That would be awesome to say the least. The input those guys can offer, could be a huge asset.
Many developers tried to use the input from top level drivers but nearly all of them failed to understand what they were saying or didn't know how to transfer the information to the game. If there's one team who can do it, it's the DiRT Team!
Ooooooh! We can play a new guessing game now that we know there will most probably be a new game.

1. Will they use the locations from DiRT Rally?
2. Which other locations are most likely to appear in the next game?
3. Will they remodel all the cars from DiRT Rally or only a select few?
4. Which new licences (cars/classes) are most likely to be in the next game? 
5. Also what's your opinion on locations, cars, classes and, also very interesting, new features?

My opinion:

1. Hopefully! Remake and improve one long stage and two shorter stages and then expand           with new stages.
    Expand the Germany with vineyard stages so it's a proper Deutschland Rally.
2. Spain springs to mind and didn't they go down under at one point?
    Circuit of Ireland Rally would be a nice adition as well as San Remo Rally or Azores Rally.
3. Most likely Fords and Opels as they are official sponsors. Also quite a few of the others of         course.
    Cars/Classes I'd like to drop: Focus 07, C4, R4 class.
4. Hopefully they could licence the Mitsubishi Gr. A rally cars and maybe, just maybe, a Toyota.
    Also two cars that the community asked for on a regular basis: Audi 'wide body' Quattro and     the Subaru Impreza WRC97/98/99/00.
    Now that the Porsche licence is up for grabs, I'd like to see one in the game.
    Some extra early 2000 cars: Seat Cordoba (for its looks), Xsara, Focus 03/04, Fabia.
    New classes: R5 / S2000 / S1600.
5. Improved physics.
    Better damage model: springs that jump through the bonnet, etc.
    Drive to the start line and afterwards till the checkpoint.
    A proper online feature.
    Service park feature.
    etc.
Why not? We were better off with kebbab pizza until the gossiping wildbeast entered the realm of  kebbabism and scattered everything on its way!

There is also kefta pizza which is delicious as well as kebbab; kefta is a special recipe for "ground meat" in Arabic! 

Maybe not the best picture lol