Jump to content Jump to content

JZStudios said:
Yeah, I could see it being pretty disappointing if you're from the US, but it is difficult to consolidate an entire country like that into a playable map in a game. I wonder what their version of the uk would end up like? Probably the entire city of London in intense detail with a couple of farms around the outside
Vatican city seems possible. Or another smaller country. Apparently Luxemburg....
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1077380-Here-is-how-big-The-Crew-s-map-is-compared-to-the-real-US-Forums
It's just weird to me. I know doing like the 50 state capitals is a bit much, but my state is more than the grand canyon and a trailer park. If the did Britain, it'd have London, some small farm towns and a few other larger outlying cities. It'd have the white cliffs n such. I mean, Forza Horizon's map isn't huge, but it gives a decent representative of a few different cities.
Vatican city is only about 1km across, wouldn't really work for racing, that's more like a Battlefield map. Luxembourg is like 70km, if it was made to scale, it would actually be smaller than the map in Crew. Also, the map in Test Drive Unlimited was pretty much a 1:1 scale replica of Honolulu (it's also 70 km long)
As clarkson said, it's got a 'u' in it, it's how it's spelt ;)
Ah, the same Clarkson that went to find the first car with a (Now standardized) standard control setup to be an American Cadillac, then said it was somehow actually a British... something or other? Clearly not Britain biased.
Jaguar isn't even an English word, and as such, you say it wrong. It's like Jalepeno or Tortilla. It's Ha le pay no. Hmm. Not sure how to do the ~ over the enye. Whatever. You get the point. It's Tortiya, not tort illa.
She was right on most things, although mixed a couple up between the two.

And yeah, you can't completely ignore entire syllables in words!  Jag-U-ar  Americans saying Hyundai is pretty funny too, you *know* that their marketing just decided it was too difficult to be accepted in the American culture, so they bludgeoned a whole syllable, *and* simplified what was left.  Hun-Day.

**Edited
BadD0g said:
I don't know if it's different elsewhere, but here in New England we say "Hunday like Sunday."

BUT!

At least we know how to say "Nissan" correctly. ;)
I just hate when they mispronounce Nissan into Datsun... I mean, come on.
She was right on most things, although mixed a couple up between the two.

And yeah, you can't completely ignore entire syllables in words!  Jag-U-ar  Americans saying Hyundai is pretty funny too, you *know* that their marketing just decided it was too difficult to be accepted in the American culture, so they bludgeoned a whole syllable, *and* simplified what was left.  Hun-Die.
No. It's Jagwar, that's how it's originally pronounced in it's own language. JagUare is super dumb.

Holy crap there's entire blog posts about this, and the American way is closer to original. You're wrong again.
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-25813198

Ahh crap, i mis phonetic'd my Hunday, you're right, it's Hunday for Americans, not Die.

JZ, i don't know the source of Jaguar, but i do know that doesn't mean Americans respect that ;)  French much? :tongue:
I don't know where you got French from, but Jaguar is a Native American/Mexican originated word. Obviously for the big stupid cat that closes down massive copper mines because one strayed too close 400 miles north of it's normal natural habitat.... damn hippies.
JZStudios said:
No. It's Jagwar, that's how it's originally pronounced in it's own language. JagUare is super dumb.
Funny you say that, because as it so happens, Jaguar is exactly how it's written in Polish, but I assure you if you want to say that with Polish pronunciation it will sound distinctively different from anything you've ever heard. Doesn't make it incorrect in any way though.
My point? It doesn't matter how it's pronounced in its original language as long as it is not a name derived from someones last name (for example Ferrari, Pininfarina, Lamborghini) or a completely new word altogether. Jaguar is a name of an animal, therefore it is pronounced in the governing language of a given country. So if you want to say it in Polish way, you pronounce it in Polish way, in English, English way, French, French way and so on and so forth.
And forgive me for pointing out, but there is a letter "u" in the word "jaguar". You don't just leave those things out, cause it can often change into a word of a completely different meaning ;) If in Polish you would stop pronouncing the letter "u", it would suddenly start sounding like a word from a completely different language o.O (for those interested, Jaguar in Polish is pronounced something like "Yagooar")

Also given that you Americans took English as your main language and then proceeded to butcher it completely, I think it's wise to say that it's best to go to you people when you want to know how to NOT pronounce words :p That said, if you want to exchange a whole dictionary for one word and still be understood, Polish got you covered there, kurwa :D So we ain't much better in that regard, if at all... probably not... definitely worse xD
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
@tbtstt

Sometimes new equipment is great, but its fun working with what you have till you know it inside and out and you seem to have done that :) 
Fully agree with this @gfRally: financial reasons aside, I still feel like I have a lot more to learn with the stuff I have, so I'd like to be sure I'm getting the most out of that first! 
I though Canon also had interchangeable lenses?
My friend went to the D810 for some reason or another... think it had more features he wanted or something. Maybe better lowlight or action? But it is nice that if I get a low end we can share lenses.
Yeah, the Canon lens are interchangeable @JZStudios. I originally bought a 500D kit a few years ago (which included the 55-250 and 18-55 lens), I sold the 500D body, bought the 60D and carried on using the same lenses. Sure I will do the same again if/when the 60D ever fails! 
KevM said:
Evilsmurf said:
on console? 3 or 6 I think.                                            
Good stuff!  I'll be back in the saddle soon enough then?  Albeit, rockin a pad...  B)
The pad is the controller choice of champions. Screw those wheel snobs @KevM.
Haha brilliant! I've never understood why polish use the word kurva everywhere? You guys just drop it anywhere in any sentence! (And don't worry, I know what it means!)
Cause it's a universal, multi-meaning, period-verb-adject-whatever-you-need-at-that-moment, kurwa.
It can be used to give something more meaning, humorous meaning, furious meaning, or just a longer naming. Practically everything's kurwa, the universe is kurwa.
Some examples:

Gdzie położyłeś kluczyki, kurwa?!
Where did you put the keys, [longer, furious]?!

Co ty tu kurwa jeszcze robisz?
What the **** are you still doing here?
[Accent on why ----still---- here]

Co ty tu kurwa robisz?
What the * are you doing here?

Co ty tak kurwujesz?
Why are you (talking bad words) so much?

Zaraz dostanę kurwicy.

Kurwa.
Whenever something goes not the way you've imagined it.

Kurwa is also a person who sales their body for money but in the most vulgar way.

There are so many usages for kurwa that I can't even recall all of them.

tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
@tbtstt

Sometimes new equipment is great, but its fun working with what you have till you know it inside and out and you seem to have done that :) 
Fully agree with this @gfRally: financial reasons aside, I still feel like I have a lot more to learn with the stuff I have, so I'd like to be sure I'm getting the most out of that first! 
I though Canon also had interchangeable lenses?
My friend went to the D810 for some reason or another... think it had more features he wanted or something. Maybe better lowlight or action? But it is nice that if I get a low end we can share lenses.
Yeah, the Canon lens are interchangeable @JZStudios. I originally bought a 500D kit a few years ago (which included the 55-250 and 18-55 lens), I sold the 500D body, bought the 60D and carried on using the same lenses. Sure I will do the same again if/when the 60D ever fails! 

Yes and no, I couldnt fit the stock lense off my Dad's 600D to my 5D but his full frame 70-300mm fits both so I'm not sure how that works lol