Jump to content Jump to content

versedi said:

when I’ve finished a project late at night and suddenly hear birds chirping

http://thecodinglove.com/post/89141940094/when-ive-finished-a-project-late-at-night-and

Not sure why but I see some similarity to @KickUp's face ^^
That's cause he looks SMUG there in the beginning.
As clarkson said, it's got a 'u' in it, it's how it's spelt ;)
Speaking of spelling, apparently Americans spell aluminium without the second 'i', so technically their pronunciation isn't actually wrong(?) Or maybe they just intentionally misspelled it in order to justify their mispronunciation...
789ifyz said:
As clarkson said, it's got a 'u' in it, it's how it's spelt ;)
Speaking of spelling, apparently Americans spell aluminium without the second 'i', so technically their pronunciation isn't actually wrong(?) Or maybe they just intentionally misspelled it in order to justify their mispronunciation...
American English advanced and changed. The British English hasn't changed as much. In American Torch is something you carry in your hand that produces flame.
And @RyuMakkuro again, the mother language is important. I'm sure you also mispronounce Tortilla, but it doesn't make it right because you say so.
Americans pronounce it the same way as the mother language, being the same way as Mexican/Native, who made the word. So it can't be wrong.
How would you say Saguaro? Sag you are oh?
Yes and no, I couldnt fit the stock lense off my Dad's 600D to my 5D but his full frame 70-300mm fits both so I'm not sure how that works lol
APSC sensors are physically smaller than full-frame, so the glass in the lenses doesn't need to be as big to cover the whole sensor (that's why they're so much cheaper). APSC lenses don't fit full-frame because the glass isn't big enough and the corners of the frame will be cut off, but conversely, full-frame lenses DO fit APSC cameras because they have plenty of glass to cover the whole sensor (and then some).

I've been shooting film for a while, and being able to get full-frame lenses for less than $100 is a luxury I'm afraid of giving up.  :D I've thought about getting back into digital but when the cheapest full-frame lenses are around $300 it hurts!
versedi said:
There are so many usages for kurwa that I can't even recall all of them.
It can also be used as a punctuation, for example:

Czekaj kurwa czy ja lubię poziomki?
Wait, do I like strawberries?

You can see that the kurwa in English is translated literally as the " , ". There is a great video about the word "kurwa" but it doesn't have English subtitles. Shame, cause that would be pretty much a perfect explanation for everyone xD

JZStudios said:
Never heard the word in my life, so I simply would say "this" while pointing at the word :D

And seems like you can't go over a simple concept that has been in use for ages. If the word has its counterpart in a given language, you pronounce it as it is pronounced in that language when speaking in that language. If you speak in the native language of the Indians, then sure, pronounce Jaguar in the way it's supposed to be pronounced in that language. But if you speak in English then pronounce it in English way.
Sagwaro is how I would say it, I also pronounce tortilla as tor-ti-yah (I'm english). Jaguar I say as it is in the UK, Jag-u-ar.

How would you pronounce GIF as in the file name? The creator of the file says it should be 'jiff' but everyone else says its how its spelt, giff.
Well you're very wrong then. The g is an h sound.
And GIF is a bit different as it's an acronym and doesn't really have a country/language of origin. If you went with a Spanish accent it would be like hiff.
versedi said:
There are so many usages for kurwa that I can't even recall all of them.
It can also be used as a punctuation, for example:

Czekaj kurwa czy ja lubię poziomki?
Wait, do I like strawberries?

You can see that the kurwa in English is translated literally as the " , ". There is a great video about the word "kurwa" but it doesn't have English subtitles. Shame, cause that would be pretty much a perfect explanation for everyone xD

JZStudios said:
Never heard the word in my life, so I simply would say "this" while pointing at the word :D

And seems like you can't go over a simple concept that has been in use for ages. If the word has its counterpart in a given language, you pronounce it as it is pronounced in that language when speaking in that language. If you speak in the native language of the Indians, then sure, pronounce Jaguar in the way it's supposed to be pronounced in that language. But if you speak in English then pronounce it in English way.
I counteract your argument with him saying Tortilla correctly, in Spanish accent, but not Jaguar. You are very selective people. If I butchered a Polish word, I'm sure you'd up and say "No (Kurwa?) that's wrong, it's pronounced ____."
And a saguaro is this, the typical portrait of a desert. (I mean the tall spiky thing.)
httpseverywhereoncefileswordpresscom201205saguaro-national-parkjpg

What i have learned on the gossip channel over the past week or more.

Gimme my kuraw keibab pizza, now!

Canon cameras have interchangeable lenses.

Some Codemasters employees have DiRTy minds, and like to share inside jokes.

Everyone thinks they know how to say Jaguar properly.

In Arizona you eat tor-tee-yas and live in a trailer in the Grand Canyon. :)

I should do a top 5 every week.
Sagwaro is how I would say it, I also pronounce tortilla as tor-ti-yah (I'm english). Jaguar I say as it is in the UK, Jag-u-ar.

How would you pronounce GIF as in the file name? The creator of the file says it should be 'jiff' but everyone else says its how its spelt, giff.
Just please don't start the GIF - JIF battle here, it's gonna be S1 22B all over again 
Didzis said:

Just please don't start the GIF - JIF battle here, it's gonna be S1 22B all over again 
Did someone say Subaru?
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:

Did someone say Subaru?

Yes. We need to discuss the correct pronounciation of Subaru. You need to sound like an angry japanese when saying it.
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:

Did someone say Subaru?

Yes. We need to discuss the correct pronounciation of Subaru. You need to sound like an angry japanese when saying it.
Like he does with Honda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQRpKrJVIuc

JZStudios said:
I counteract your argument with him saying Tortilla correctly, in Spanish accent, but not Jaguar.
Because Tortilla doesn't exist in the vocabulary of any other language other than its country of origin. Just kurwa saying xD
Whilst we've all been arguing, they've probably been secretly dropping tonnes of gossip, kurwa!
Kurwa.

PS. This page starts to resemble a typical Polish conversation more and more xD
JZStudios said:
I counteract your argument with him saying Tortilla correctly, in Spanish accent, but not Jaguar.
Because Tortilla doesn't exist in the vocabulary of any other language other than its country of origin. Just kurwa saying xD
Whilst we've all been arguing, they've probably been secretly dropping tonnes of gossip, kurwa!
Kurwa.

PS. This page starts to resemble a typical Polish conversation more and more xD
Obviously it does if he knows/eats them. Does polish have their own naming convention for Jaguars? I would imagine so...
gfRally said:
What i have learned on the gossip channel over the past week or more.

Gimme my kuraw keibab pizza, now!

Canon cameras have interchangeable lenses.

Some Codemasters employees have DiRTy minds, and like to share inside jokes.

Everyone thinks they know how to say Jaguar properly.

In Arizona you eat tor-tee-yas and live in a trailer in the Grand Canyon. :)

I should do a top 5 every week.
We could get back into global housing markets.