Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Ok, I'm going to stop all this arguing and speculating by breaking nda and dropping a big gossip bomb:

So, following the success of Battlefield 1, the new game will be called DiRT 1, and will be set in the early 1900's, the dawn of all out rallying. Players will get to drive all the modern machinery of the era, including the 1914 Detroiter (no worrying about Toyota licence this time!). Console versions will utilise Kinect and PSVR to experience things such as turning the starter handle, and falling out the car on sharp turns and roll overs. Paul has also put on an old-timey British accent for the co-driver.

There, hope I don't get in too much trouble
Horse coach racing confirmed?
Ok, I'm going to stop all this arguing and speculating by breaking nda and dropping a big gossip bomb:

So, following the success of Battlefield 1, the new game will be called DiRT 1, and will be set in the early 1900's, the dawn of all out rallying. Players will get to drive all the modern machinery of the era, including the 1914 Detroiter (no worrying about Toyota licence this time!). Console versions will utilise Kinect and PSVR to experience things such as turning the starter handle, and falling out the car on sharp turns and roll overs. Paul has also put on an old-timey British accent for the co-driver.

What about mustaches? Those DEFINITELY need to be in the game.
Im joining the wishes and would like to wish you a calm, relaxing family time.

Anyway, if some1 still doesnt have it, there is humble bundle 48 hrs free GRID:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game?hmb_campaign=grid_free_2016&hmb_source=bundle_page&hmb_medium=banner_cross
versedi said:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid-free-game?hmb_campaign=grid_free_2016&hmb_source=bundle_page&hmb_medium=banner_cross
Is grid worth getting? The second one was pretty weird handling wise, couldn't really get used to it.
JZStudios said:
versedi said:

Is grid worth getting? The second one was pretty weird handling wise, couldn't really get used to it.

Well, both games act weird at times handling wise, though GRID less so in my opinion. But you should definitely pick it up. It's easily the better one of the two. 

JZStudios said:
versedi said:

Neither could I, it was odd. I played the hell out of Grid 1, still one of the best racing games I've played. Grid 2 was a dark time for codies I learn't after talking to them about it, Grid Autosport was more akin to what Grid 2 should have been and was an apology. This is why you leave the ideas to the devs who know what they're doing!
JZStudios said:
With great moustache comes great responsibility
I just wish I could grow a beard. My facial grows about a nanometer per week. And even then it's just around my chin and upper lip.
Mine grows ok, just not very thick is all and it doesnt grow either side of my mouth so I can't link my beard part and moustache part, first world beard problems :(
JZStudios said:
versedi said:

I thought the first GRiD was great, the second one was awful and Autosport was the game that GRiD 2 should have been.
Autosport would have been great, if it had decent cockpits; I don't know why the cockpits were left like that with 8-bit textures with no animated dashboard only the steering wheel? It would have been great if the cockpits were just as basic as those of TOCA 3 with no dashboards (basic interior view). Autosport was a great sim-cad racing title with exquisite sounds and decent models with less polygon counts, but the McLaren F1 GTR LM's front looked a bit weird and it seemed to have been converted from the first GRID.

The first GRID was definitely the best out of the whole GRID series but the sounds and the handling were bit off-pace.
Darhour said:
Autosport would have been great, if it had decent cockpits; I don't know why the cockpits were left like that with 8-bit textures with no animated dashboard only the steering wheel? It would have been great if the cockpits were just as basic as those of TOCA 3 with no dashboards (basic interior view). Autosport was a great sim-cad racing title with exquisite sounds and decent models with less polygon counts, but the McLaren F1 GTR LM's front looked a bit weird and it seemed to have been converted from the first GRID.

The first GRID was definitely the best out of the whole GRID series but the sounds and the handling were bit off-pace.
Rushed for release because they had to overcome the Grid 2 failure is what I imagine and what I gathered when speaking to them. Glad they could come back from it
JZStudios said:
I just wish I could grow a beard. My facial grows about a nanometer per week. And even then it's just around my chin and upper lip.
Mine grows ok, just not very thick is all and it doesnt grow either side of my mouth so I can't link my beard part and moustache part, first world beard problems :(
I have no facial hair on my cheeks, just a VERY thin and sparse razerline along my jawbone. I also have a rather irritating hairy patch on one side of my adams apple.
Shame they demand this whole linking Steam account with their site. Not gonna link my account to anything, thank you.
Y'know last time they had Dirt 3 or whatever for free I picked some stuff up cheap, and I didn't have to make an account OR link steam. They just told me what the steam game code was and I put it into steam. This linking isn't even working so I can't even do it if I wanted. Brilliant.
Hahaha, they have a "Destruction physics" category with Just Cause 3 and... Project Cars... :D
The steam link used to work so that you click a button after purchase and it would actually send to the account without ever showing the key (to avoid people selling free keys), but now they've given up or something, as the freebie GRID just wants to see my steam account to open a dialog that shows the key. -_-
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
I have no facial hair on my cheeks, just a VERY thin and sparse razerline along my jawbone. I also have a rather irritating hairy patch on one side of my adams apple.
Be happy your cheeks are hairless :D I look like Wolverine with my sideburns :D Also would be nice, if my beard grew symetrical, but no, I had to have a bald spot on one side of my chin :D 

I would *adore* this game.