Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

DiRT 3 got removed from Steam :O
As well as F1 2013...
Oh wow ... what's up with that?
Probably expired licenses or something. Explains why both GRID and DiRT 3 were given away for free recently.

I noticed a couple of days ago that DiRT 3 didn't have a reduced price, didn't think not making it to the end of the Steam sale would be the reason.

What else is 2016 gonna take from us... /s
Hard to exactly like physical media, my only life example being my Red Orchestra 2 physical disc was basically a steam key wrapped in carton and plastic. :D (obviously its a very comedic example)

I wonder which licenses expired that caused the removal, since this is a weird selection of games, spanning all 3 IPs.
Snaky115 said:
Hard to exactly like physical media, my only life example being my Red Orchestra 2 physical disc was basically a steam key wrapped in carton and plastic. :D (obviously its a very comedic example)

I wonder which licenses expired that caused the removal, since this is a weird selection of games, spanning all 3 IPs.
Haha, me too! Got it for my my birthday from my grandma years after its release. Never played it, and at the time my computer couldn't handle it. I actively avoided it for a while because I hate Steam.
BadD0g said:
The licensing issues is actually an argument towards physical media being better than digital.
That's a good point. You can't get RBR or any of the old CMR games anymore unless you buy a used disc or, *ahem,* "obtain" them.
Ehh. I have a friend at work that wants Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast, used (obviously) disc is now going for... $95!!! And not one cent of that's going towards the original devs/studio, so hell, me getting it A. for free, and B. in full magical 1080p on my PC works just as well.
I was also forced to get Dirt 2, since the only other way is shady resellers...
BadD0g said:
I believe all the Codies games that have been pulled from sale have had Toyotas in them, that would be my first guess. Time for Toyota conspiracy gossip?
Well then, my question is why Toyota seems to hate Codies so much, since everyone else has them... I think the Steam version of GTR 2 doesn't have Ferrari or Porsche or something... why not just do that?
KevM said:
Was the voice of Warren from Horizon 3, ever in any of the Dirt games?  Santa brought it & he sounds familiar like the dude-bro RV man
Yeah I said that a little while ago, he sounds like the mechanic bloke who told you about tuning and stuff in dirt 3
Although the handling is poor-ish & the story is fairly shallow, but just having something to take you by the hand & walk you through the challenges (as simple as they are), does make Horizon quite fun to play!  That's something D:R has always crying out for
I quite enjoy the handling of it, it's occasionally a little too forgiving, like you can corner a bit too quick, especially in super cars, but I do like it
I managed to get Win10 on my PC and gave Horizon a try with the demo, and all it did was give poor performance and laugh at my 960, constantly telling me my card sucks. Disappointing really. Playing it on my friends Xbox really makes me want it with a wheel.
And at least the physics are more stable and predictable than The Crew, which is still fun to drive around in.
The only thing that is unpredictable about the physics is landing on jumps, as if you don't have the wheels straight on landing, it will veer off randomly. It runs alright on Xbox, but I played it for a couple of weeks, then went back to dirt, and the difference between 30 and 60 fps was staggering! I've never really put a lot of thought into it before as I've only played on a console, but it does make a huge difference!