Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

gfRally said:
Just noticed we are on page 666. Will we get to 1000?
I'm sure we will hit it pretty quick once a certain announcement has been made! ;)

Jar Jar Binks codriver voice confirmed
Meesah thinks you sould go left now, okidey? moymoy

ANI ARE YOU OK, are you okay annieeeeeeeee
You've been hit by a smooth criminal
Dytut said:
bogani said:
So, according to the last roadbook there will be proper news in january. I'm def excited ;)
Wait a little bit, we're still refueling the hype train and stocking the pantry with kebab.
You're going to need that special extra powerful train fuel from Back To The Future III I think... ;)
Just on that, the Mrs has hired me a DeLorean to smoke about in for a couple of hours at some point this year!
KevM said:
Dytut said:
bogani said:
So, according to the last roadbook there will be proper news in january. I'm def excited ;)
Wait a little bit, we're still refueling the hype train and stocking the pantry with kebab.
You're going to need that special extra powerful train fuel from Back To The Future III I think... ;)
Just on that, the Mrs has hired me a DeLorean to smoke about in for a couple of hours at some point this year!
Nicee! Me and my Dad have a track day at some point, got it for our birthdays in July. Just need to sort a date lol.
KevM said:
Dytut said:
bogani said:
Hopefully it doesn't just break down or spontaneously burst into flames. On the other hand, you might find several pounds of cocaine tucked away somewhere.
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
Hopefully it doesn't just break down or spontaneously burst into flames. On the other hand, you might find several pounds of cocaine tucked away somewhere.
Nah, I think you're thinking of a Ferrari 308.
BadD0g said:
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
No, he's just thinking Italian ;)
BadD0g said:
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
Very true. But Delorians are remarkably unreliable. I hear there's plenty of broken down ones in the UAE since they don't like to fix anything there.
JZStudios said:
BadD0g said:
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
Very true. But Delorians are remarkably unreliable. I hear there's plenty of broken down ones in the UAE since they don't like to fix anything there.
They were originally, but more due to lack of use/maintenance over the past 35 years.  Thankfully, the DMC guys now know the cars inside out, and anything problematic has evolved and been updated on most of the better cared for cars.

Who is going to invest £35k in a car and not do simple relatively cheap updates along the line to insure its longevity?
haha apart from back to the future fame i dont see a point in the delorian.slow and its stainless steel. :D weigh nearly 3 tonne.

basically someone brought all the parts after they went out of business and there is warehouses full of brand new parts.so pretty easy to get them fixed up.
dgeesi0 said:
haha apart from back to the future fame i dont see a point in the delorian.slow and its stainless steel. :D weigh nearly 3 tonne.

basically someone brought all the parts after they went out of business and there is warehouses full of brand new parts.so pretty easy to get them fixed up.
LOL - A Hummer H2 weighs 3 tonnes??

There IS no point, but does there need to be? I love the shape and the stainless steel.  I also live 20 mins from Belfast so have always had an interest in them.  And know it'l drive like crap, any classic car I have had does, but its not about how it drives, its more than that. 
The Delorean is a hugely iconic car and I will always have a look if I see one at a car show, but I have absolutely zero desire to own one! Great concept but, for various reasons, massively flawed execution. 

I was at a Pistonheads meet a few years ago and three showed up together. I briefly spoke with one of the owners and he said he was shocked that three of them all managed to have a weekend without breakages to make it there! :D