Jump to content Jump to content

KevM said:
bogani said:
Being a controller user, playing on a wheel at codies the other month I was amazed by how the wheel reacts to the game, and how genuine it behaved. It really felt like an actual rally car
Hmm. FFB on loose surfaces is ok/good. On tarmac it's much too vague.
The way the the wheel returns to the center during transitions isn't really fast enough imo.

However, you might have played something else to what we currently have ;)
Turn your Self Aligning Torque up & your wheel & tyre friction way down.  Makes a world of difference 
I'm currently using the "racked FFB" mod from racedepartment. It removes all artificial forces so there is mostly just SAT. I prefer it to the default FFB.

Using too much SAT makes things very strange though. I'm using between 40 and 60 with my T500RS.

My biggest issue is the weak FFB on tarmac. It behaves strange and often feels like there is no centering force at all when turning. It's much better on gravel.

The FFB also gets heavier on gravel compared to tarmac which I find very strange.
I've suggested a co-driver mode a long time ago might have been on the opd forums). What I had in mind then was some sort of guitar hero system where the notes would come down the screen. Top of the screen would be considered too early to call, but once the note hits the bottom it dissapears so you would have had to find a sweetspot in between.

would be cool if it's something like that, but I have no idea what it is exactly.
Also, as @Rallycameraman found out, I'm not as good at virtual co-driving as I am at real life co-driving! I put it down to being an Xbox player and having no idea of the PlayStation controller layout!
I saw the whole thing from across the room. I thought @Rallycameraman was going to go full-Galli on you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmp_ELOZdwM

:smiley:
Areyouben said:
I've suggested a co-driver mode a long time ago might have been on the opd forums). What I had in mind then was some sort of guitar hero system where the notes would come down the screen. Top of the screen would be considered too early to call, but once the note hits the bottom it dissapears so you would have had to find a sweetspot in between.

would be cool if it's something like that, but I have no idea what it is exactly.
That's very close to what it is! You have to press directional/symbol buttons and swipe the touch pad at the right moment to send the calls at the correct time. :)