Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

They are responsible for the older WRC games (PS2?), prior to Milestone getting the licence. Drive club I think is their most resent title, which they did drop a more "sim like" handling model for via a patch.

This gave you the option to use the arcade mode or the more sim like mode.

All I hope is that the extra manpower will give them a more efficient system to build stages so that they can build more stages and more importantly longer stages. I'm not sure how they model them now, but since CM says building the stages costs a lot of money, all I can come up with is that that means they either need more people working on it or a more efficient way to create more in the same amount of time. I'd trade Driveclubs graphics for proper length and amount of stages any day.
urgaffel said:
Well we're definitely working hard! Some very exciting things are happening at the Codies offices and I can't wait for you to see it! I think I can safely say that those of you who have seen what we're working on would agree ;)
Are you guys still on track for a January announcement or are you postponing that for extra polish?
urgaffel said:
Well we're definitely working hard! Some very exciting things are happening at the Codies offices and I can't wait for you to see it! I think I can safely say that those of you who have seen what we're working on would agree ;)
Are you guys still on track for a January announcement or are you postponing that for extra polish?
We already announced DiRT Rally PS VR. ;)
We are working with the guys from Evo, but not necessarily directly on any projects - they're working on their own, brand new IP. :)

Did Evo bring any of their tech with them? Or are they completely transitioning to EGO tech without some of their previous stuff? Or is there going to be a brand new engine build together with the best of both called EGO EVO? :blush:
urgaffel said:
We already announced DiRT Rally PS VR. ;)
Nahah. That wasn't a roadbook. On twittah you clearly said roadbook 100% january! Are you a liar @ChristinaMc ?

>:) 
urgaffel said:
Thank you that was reassuring and we don't need roadbooks anymore but we will be happy to receive such amazing news from the Codies offices ^^
Areyouben said:
We are working with the guys from Evo, but not necessarily directly on any projects - they're working on their own, brand new IP. :)

Did Evo bring any of their tech with them? Or are they completely transitioning to EGO tech without some of their previous stuff? Or is there going to be a brand new engine build together with the best of both called EGO EVO? :blush:
The EEGVOO engine!
On second thought, that is a rubbish name.
GOOVEE?

I'm going to stop now. This is why I don't work in marketing 
urgaffel said:
Areyouben said:

The EEGVOO engine!
GOOVEE?

Nonono... VEEGOO!

Dytut said:
urgaffel said:
Areyouben said:

The EEGVOO engine!
GOOVEE?

Nonono... VEEGOO!

There's quite an interesting story about this dude; Wilhelm von Homburg - apparently he was quite mean... and they also replaced his voice acting in Ghostbusters 2 with Max von Sydow's. I don't remember why. Probably because he was mean about that too.