Jump to content Jump to content

"With DiRT 4, we’ve sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, fun, and adrenaline-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3."

Hmm. There is something in me that hesitates when reading this. Also, I would be so disapointed if they step away from creating "real" stages.
Etirion said:
That sounds very cool, what about the physics, do they feel different, better? More realistic? Longer stages?
Lots better, car weight feels miles better, braking distances are better, and cars no longer fly to the moon over bumps.

There is also an aracade handling mode available for those that prefer dirt 3 style handling. I didn't personally try it because I was only interested in the simulation handling, but others said it was good
Etirion said:
That sounds very cool, what about the physics, do they feel different, better? More realistic? Longer stages?
Lots better, car weight feels miles better, braking distances are better, and cars no longer fly to the moon over bumps.

There is also an aracade handling mode available for those that prefer dirt 3 style handling. I didn't personally try it because I was only interested in the simulation handling, but others said it was good
Sounds like they're really listenting a lot to what we're saying, very excited!
From Polygon site:

The new game features off-road vehicles including the Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2. With the official license of the FIA World Rallycross Championship, Dirt 4’s tracks include Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes and Lydden Hill.

A mode called Your Stage allows players to create and share their own race stages. There’s also a Land Rush mode featuring short courses for buggies and trucks in California, Nevada and Mexico.