Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

fbetes said:
Is sure there will not be more rally locations?

you can check there s another location: MYSTERY...
That's probably just choosing a random location for you. 

Damn this thread moves so fast these days.

I just realized that I and a couple of other people have been gossiping about 'DiRT 4' for nearly 6 years now, and now it has finally been announced, and it looks to be all we have wished for, and more.
KevM said:
So, my 'Blind Dailys' rant last week, might be a thing after all, just not in a way I had imagined!  Cool!

Do Kris & Petter actually feature in the game or were they just involved with the development?
According to the article I posted right before the reveal, Petter Solberg talked about practicing his english for doing voiceovers. My bet is that Petter has taken over the role Ken block had in previous games. With being the game's official voice. I would assume Kirs will appear in some form too
KevM said:
So, my 'Blind Dailys' rant last week, might be a thing after all, just not in a way I had imagined!  Cool!

Do Kris & Petter actually feature in the game or were they just involved with the development?
According to the article I posted right before the reveal, Petter Solberg talked about practicing his english for doing voiceovers. My bet is that Petter has taken over the role Ken block had in previous games. With being the game's official voice. I would assume Kirs will appear in some form too
He'll be the poor sod blocking the stage with a wheel off...  :(

@KickUp

Any possibility for:

- Ingame Telemetry we can check to better fine tune the cars?

- G-Meter, Pedals, Wheel rotation, etc, on screen?

- Tyre choices?

and the question no one asked yet... How about the FFB? Any big improvements, particularly on Tarmac?

KickUp said:
 We simply are not allowed to represent the actual iconic stages that we did for reasons beyond our control. 

Goddamn italian pseudio-studio and WRC promoter gmbu0lsh1t. GHRRR
The competition for them was just too hard so they've got the lawyers to take care of sh1t. That's how $$$ spins. 
versedi said:
KickUp said:
 We simply are not allowed to represent the actual iconic stages that we did for reasons beyond our control. 

Goddamn italian pseudio-studio and WRC promoter gmbu0lsh1t. GHRRR
The competition for them was just too hard so they've got the lawyers to take care of ****. That's how $$$ spins. 
This.... how are they able to restrict public roadways? 
Call them something different, who cares the name.
Speaking of boundaries, now that the stages don't need to be based on real ones, it could be easier to avoid annoying insta-reset zones and cheaty corner cutting. Plus, with random stages there won't be "that one annoying reset zone" that you're always afraid of hitting every time you run the stage.
That was a good catch for the mystery location, though i'm tempted to say it's just a 'random choice' option as a few others have said.

I'm hoping pre-orders will open up tomorrow, i'll say that because of the handling model and extra finish this game has, that is *is* a pre order game for me.  I do trust Paul and i'm looking forward to hearing the new co-drivers, but i still want Paul's voice as an option ;)  It's not just the voice, it's the experience that comes from having to do it for real.
I said I was dissapointed at first but the more I read and hear about D4, the more excited I get.
One big question though:

Did group A from DR survive?

I guess it did since the Lancer Evo VI is a group A car? Please tell me we still have the 555? Maybe even the real works model?