Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Recommended Posts

dwkGravey said:
Any hints about the career mode's "create your driver"? @urgaffel hinted at customizable racing suits. Customizable face or gender? Can we make our own Michèle Mouton or Nasser Al-Attiyah? Player name and flag on the window?
I did no such thing :tongue: I was merely aggreeing that the observation that they have different colours is correct.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Busterbvi said:
 I don't want to sound like a stuck record but I asked on here yesterday if we are finally going to get a period works Group 4 Escort RS1800 ? This iconic and much loved car rightly deserves its place in D4. 

I'd just like to add to this the same question about the 1995 Impreza, is it the same model (mostly talking about interior) or did u manage to license the real works group a version for D4?
Link to post
Share on other sites
BadD0g said:
urgaffel said:
KickUp said:
JorritVD said:
@KickUp , Will there be differences between the versions of PS4, PS4pro and PC? If so, what will those differences be?
There will be differences but it will all be in the level of graphical fidelity. Physics, audio etc will be the same. 

We aim to run all at 1080p 60fps. 

With PS4pro we are aiming to add HDR and some other bits like better MSAA. 

For PC will just be cranking everything up as high as they go so it will kinda all depend on how deep your wallet is from a hardware perspective. 
...like particles ;)
WAIT, GUYS, WE FORGOT TO ASK THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION!

Is the motion blur option independent now?
I'll bump this and ask about the whole replay system?  

But I'm going to guess that right now we may be stuck with the same old one.  If I'm reading into @kickup 's comments about still using the same (slightly improved?) engine from DR, regarding stage lengths.  Anything drastic will have to be done in a future DiRT game.  *Yes answered my own question, I think
Link to post
Share on other sites

urgaffel said:
KickUp said:
JorritVD said:
@KickUp , Will there be differences between the versions of PS4, PS4pro and PC? If so, what will those differences be?
There will be differences but it will all be in the level of graphical fidelity. Physics, audio etc will be the same. 

We aim to run all at 1080p 60fps. 

With PS4pro we are aiming to add HDR and some other bits like better MSAA. 

For PC will just be cranking everything up as high as they go so it will kinda all depend on how deep your wallet is from a hardware perspective. 
...like particles ;)
you mean GRAVEL??? :wink: :open_mouth:
Link to post
Share on other sites
Really looking forward to this, and i know @urgaffel was asking around what we thought of the motion blurr etc, but i too, would like to know if we have the option now?  I'd love to run PP at max, but can't because the motion blur makes a mess of it.

@gfRally asked over the replays too, um, same :)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Really looking forward to this, and i know @urgaffel was asking around what we thought of the motion blurr etc, but i too, would like to know if we have the option now?  I'd love to run PP at max, but can't because the motion blur makes a mess of it.

@gfRally asked over the replays too, um, same :)
Someone that went to the test said you could choose if you wanted cameras that cycles or roadside cameras during replay.
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
Really looking forward to this, and i know @urgaffel was asking around what we thought of the motion blurr etc, but i too, would like to know if we have the option now?  I'd love to run PP at max, but can't because the motion blur makes a mess of it.

@gfRally asked over the replays too, um, same :)
Someone that went to the test said you could choose if you wanted cameras that cycles or roadside cameras during replay.
I saw that, very nice :)  Greg and I were asking after the way the gfx look in it though (i think)
Link to post
Share on other sites
urgaffel said:
gfRally said:

urgaffel said:
...like particles ;)
you mean GRAVEL??? :wink: :open_mouth:
S***!!! I knew I had forgotten something! ;D
Didn't I asked you about a particular corner and a thing back 160 pages, around 5 pages back and you liked it? So you didn't forgot u just didn't comment on it! Shame on you, u should have been given the fame!! The cuts in Austrialia on the gameplays are simply looking awesome and I'm kinda sure they're feeling on the wheel the same way!

P.S. Please @KickUp  and @urgaffel , make the motion blur as a separate setting, I'm kind of sure this isn't easy, but there's alot of us asking for it. :) 

P.S. 2 I kind of forgot to thank you all from Codies HQ how much you are communicating with us at the very important moment, especially you @KickUp  and @urgaffel . I want you know to that we/I appreciate that, but there's so many things to ask that it may come pass unseen...
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
What is the biggest change to the simulation engine that have had the most impact on how the cars feel? What parts did Kris and Petter point out as things that really needed to change? @KickUp
Aerodynamics has seen a big update across the board making the cars feel more planted at speed. It will also stop them behaving strangely when airborne. This also has a dramatic effect on how they crash with more convincing rolls. 

We've improved the way we model our suspension geometry. This means you should see more character between the Rear Wheel drive cars based on the type of suspension they are using. 

Petter and Kris both asked for more positive feedback from the front of the car. We basically had too much understeer so they helped us dial a much more positive feel into the cars. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp My setup is PS4 and thrustmaster wheel and 2 TH8, one as gear(H and seq i changera plate) and the other one is handbrake. Will that still work in DIRT 4 ? And can i ask for a future that i realy would like to have, use My handcontroller for navigatorn in menys. I have changed wheel on My T300 and have no buttons on that So it's pain to navigator in meny's  :'(
And one more thing analog handbrake pleaseB)
Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
bogani said:
What is the biggest change to the simulation engine that have had the most impact on how the cars feel? What parts did Kris and Petter point out as things that really needed to change? @KickUp
Aerodynamics has seen a big update across the board making the cars feel more planted at speed. It will also stop them behaving strangely when airborne. This also has a dramatic effect on how they crash with more convincing rolls. 

We've improved the way we model our suspension geometry. This means you should see more character between the Rear Wheel drive cars based on the type of suspension they are using. 

Petter and Kris both asked for more positive feedback from the front of the car. We basically had too much understeer so they helped us dial a much more positive feel into the cars. 
This right is seriously why I love you guys do much. Information like this is greatly appreciated. Thank you for answering. :)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Trollis said:
@KickUp My setup is PS4 and thrustmaster wheel and 2 TH8, one as gear(H and seq i changera plate) and the other one is handbrake. Will that still work in DIRT 4 ? And can i ask for a future that i realy would like to have, use My handcontroller for navigatorn in menys. I have changed wheel on My T300 and have no buttons on that So it's pain to navigator in meny's  :'(
And one more thing analog handbrake pleaseB)
I believe that's up to Sony to implement into the PS4. Microsoft is coming with an update for Xbox which enables you to pair up 2 controllers (or a wheel and controller) and use them as 1. They say that you can play with 2 people as one which comes in handy (all the puns)  if you have an injury or handicap. But added bonus is for wheel users with custom rims that removes button functionality. Would be nice to see this come to the PS4 as well.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...