Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

I’ve got a bit of a problem, I downloaded DiRT 3 because my brother wanted to play split screen and now I can’t stop totally uploading clips to YouTube :(

In other news, I’m excited to see what video(s) we are going to get this coming week!
Duuuuude, I can't totally wait for next week either! Hopefully we'll see at least some new cars and info regarding stage lengths etc.

Hopefully it's tomorrow and not next Sunday at 23:59:599 as I'm seriously getting withdrawals. I've watched all of the streams over again and I've been making my way through wrc season reviews on YouTube from 2000 to present day. I'm on 2007 now. Send help.

Rallystu2 said:
Hopefully it's tomorrow and not next Sunday at 23:59:599 as I'm seriously getting withdrawals. I've watched all of the streams over again and I've been making my way through wrc season reviews on YouTube from 2000 to present day. I'm on 2007 now. Send help.
Haha I've been watching old WRC on YT as well, but I'm watching the half hour daily highlights they've put out. Started at 1997 and I'm also on the 2007 season as of know! Good times  B)

bogani said:
Rallystu2 said:
Haha I've been watching old WRC on YT as well, but I'm watching the half hour daily highlights they've put out. Started at 1997 and I'm also on the 2007 season as of know! Good times  B)
Heh, I went all out a few years ago and tried to find season reviews from every year from 1973 onward. Unfortunately way too much was missing.

zissakos1 said:
yeah, that's my tool!!!

If the game can read extracted and unencrypted (plain) camera.xml files in their respective folders, it will be compatible with DR2.0.
I understood from KickUp's twitter post regarding Dirt4 that once the files are extracted/unpacked and decrypted, you could leave the files there and the game would read them (no need to encrypt/pack them again back into the .nefs files).

Thanks @zi@zissakos1 I really hope this proves to be the case as that would be a great relief to easily be able to mod any camera in the new game. Thanks for creating this excellent tool!

Looking at the pics of sound recording at the Sainteloc Citroen test, I'm glad they're capturing the new R5 sound too; it has a really unique sounding antilag system.

I just hope the antilag sounds will be more present then in DR2.0.
I found them a bit lacking in DR & D4, especially the group A cars with their really agressive ALS

So it’s finally up for pre order on the Xbox store. £75 for the digital deluxe edition seems quite steep? £15 extra than the physical version from GAME. I never understand why digital versions on the Xbox store cost more than physical
Probably because the stores have to compete with the online store, so they cut the price to get people to come to them instead of just downloading it 

So it’s finally up for pre order on the Xbox store. £75 for the digital deluxe edition seems quite steep? £15 extra than the physical version from GAME. I never understand why digital versions on the Xbox store cost more than physical
Probably bevause the stores have to compete with the online store, so they cut the price to get people to come to them instead of just downloading it 
That makes no sense. Stores tend to charge more because they have overheads to cover. 

Online costs more because people are inherently lazy and will pay more for the convenience of getting a game (or anything else) without the wait for the post/trip to the shops. 

The strange thing here in the Netherlands (and probably everywhere) is that physical games were €60 in the stores long before the digital market existed, those prices never changed in the last 15 years. So it's not the physical market that dropped in price but rather the digital market that started out €10-€15 more expensive right from the get go. I would actually expect the digital market to be cheaper as all they need to cover is hosting costs, whereas the physical market needs more expensive physical storage and shipping.

Same £75 price on the Playstation store.

Heck, it's £65 on Codemasters' own store for PC (same as on Steam) - does make me think they're valuing the DLCs around £15 each (seeing as they're £20 more for both if bought in advance).

And despite asking for this price (which is fair enough IMO if the game is as good as DR1), we still can't get answers on basic things like how many stages there are in game or whether certain retailers' "exclusive DLC" is access to a car or an unlock of it. Let's wait and see what 'hints' this week brings though...

Apparently I can’t maths as it is £69.99 at GAME, so it’s only £5 more expensive digitally. But it’s the same for most games, red dead was £10 more for digital than it was in store, I don’t understand as there’s no manufacturing/shipping costs.
I’ll probably save myself £5 and just get the physical release, looks like you can still get the four days early access from GAME, I guess they will ship it earlier than the standard editions

Apparently I can’t maths as it is £69.99 at GAME, so it’s only £5 more expensive digitally. But it’s the same for most games, red dead was £10 more for digital than it was in store, I don’t understand as there’s no manufacturing/shipping costs.
I’ll probably save myself £5 and just get the physical release, looks like you can still get the four days early access from GAME, I guess they will ship it earlier than the standard editions
Good spot - the £60 one from Game is for the PC, which is also £5 cheaper than Steam/Codemasters and comes with the mysterious Opel Kadett DLC - is it a car, is it an unlock - who knows?

Seems Christina's on fire on Twitter ATM...

Couple of videos this week, no Portuguese version, no physical version stockists in Canada, car list likely next week:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1085179608964784128

Stage kms and some other bits and pieces pending too. ;)
You are a top drawer hero, @christinaMc. Been waiting for that little nugget of info. When's our new video dropping? 

Couple of videos this week, no Portuguese version, no physical version stockists in Canada, car list likely next week:

Is that DLC info still on for this week? Could really use an idea on whether to expect more rally or more rallycross.

Is that DLC info still on for this week? Could really use an idea on whether to expect more rally or more rallycross.
Not all of the DLC info, but some of it - Season 1 content will be announced before launch, but this week's hint will allude to Rallycross... Which might be in another season. :)

Also, videos coming Thurs and Fri if all goes to plan. :D

RodgerDavies said: 

Thanks for that, appreciated. Now bring on the Skoda hinting...

Not all of the DLC info, but some of it - Season 1 content will be announced before launch, but this week's hint will allude to Rallycross... Which might be in another season. :)

Thursday and Friday? Two videos! This is a good week indeed. 

And hold on one incy wincy moment....does that mean that season 1 will be rally only content? Hairs on the back of my neck etc.....

RodgerDavies said: 

There will be something in the game to give the VW Polo R5 a run for its money. ;)

RodgerDavies said: 

There will be something in the game to give the VW Polo R5 a run for its money. ;)

Gotcha ;) I'm looking forward to the Citroen C3 too!

Rallystu2 said:

And hold on one incy wincy moment....does that mean that season 1 will be rally only content? Hairs on the back of my neck etc.....
I wonder if that means they're keeping 3 locations per season or not. Because that would mean we would still be missing one RX track, which is surprising.

Oscar97 said:
Rallystu2 said:

I wonder if that means they're keeping 3 locations per season or not. Because that would mean we would still be missing one RX track, which is surprising.
Actually FIA WRX  2019 season has only 10 rounds.. and if we get 3, that means we have 11 tracks.. one MORE than this season

Rallystu2 said:

I didn't read it that way - suspect it's a hint of something that will be in Season 2, not Season 1; I expect both will be mixed. We'll find out soon enough.

Such a pessimist @rogerdavies. @christinaMc CLEARLY eluded to the fact that we are getting 3 amazing rally locations. This is the gossip thread! Only wild exaggerations of tiny snippets of Intel are allowed in here. Did No one teach you how to make mountains out of mole hills at school?

Oscar97 said:
Rallystu2 said:

Actually FIA WRX  2019 season has only 10 rounds.. and if we get 3, that means we have 11 tracks.. one MORE than this season
The game features the 2018 season. We're still missing CotA, Riga, the Estering and Cape Town. Although they could just forget CotA entirely and I wouldn't mind.

Oscar97 said:
Rallystu2 said:

Nitro circus/ARX utah track!

If first season is only Rally, then we might get some kind theme pack?
up to 2000ccm Class or  for example maybe Colin McRae pack?
something like:
SUBARU Legecy RS Or Vauxhall Nova 
SUBARU Impreza 22b              just kidding  @tbtstt                                :) S4 WRC
Ford Focus 2001
Citroen Xsara 2003
now that Skoda is in Game Skoda Fabia 2005

• The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was featured and unpinned
  • The topic was unpinned