Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

TPJP said:
KevM said:
SkyRex said:

the 2000's class is missing. Weren't the Impreza and Foci confirmed?

Its been said that cars are no longer grouped by age, but on performance instead, so the 2000's are likely just regrouped within some other class
Pretty sure the MODERN RALLY R5 Up to 2000cc (4WD) part of the list are separated, it should've been MODERN RALLY: R5, Up to 2000cc (4WD),.... Two different classes. Mr. Coleman forgot the commas :D
There you go:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/827242562616455168

Looks like me and @KickUp will be teaming up again on some events this year. Hopefully our first event will be early April :) 
Somerset stages? If so I'll hopefully see you both there!
No more gravel for the foreseeable future for me. It's too expensive!
Shame, you could see if they'd let you just do porlock? ;)

Looks like me and @KickUp will be teaming up again on some events this year. Hopefully our first event will be early April :) 
That would be an expensive toll road  :s

KickUp said:
dwkGravey said:
@KickUp I saw on the AMA you mentioned driver portraits (and it looks like there are at least three different driver faces in the screenshots released so far)—will that include male and female faces?
Yup
That's awesome, thanks! My 4-y/o loves playing the female biker in Burnout Paradise, but I have to get her into rally. A girl driver and pink livery might do it.

dwkGravey said:
KickUp said:
dwkGravey said:
@KickUp I saw on the AMA you mentioned driver portraits (and it looks like there are at least three different driver faces in the screenshots released so far)—will that include male and female faces?
Yup
That's awesome, thanks! My 4-y/o loves playing the female biker in Burnout Paradise, but I have to get her into rally. A girl driver and pink livery might do it.
Hell, when D4 come out, you choose the car I'll do the livery to your little girl ;) (Princesses and poneys are the best xD)

dwkGravey said:
KickUp said:
dwkGravey said:
Yup
Hell, when D4 come out, you choose the car I'll do the livery to your little girl ;) (Princesses and poneys are the best xD)
Ken Block's wife sometimes rallys.  This was the livery that she used once:

KickUp said:
That would be an expensive toll road  :s
It's very expensive if you do what the car ahead of is did a few years back. They hit the bridge near the start on the first run in the morning, game over for the car and the bridge!

@KickUp Doing yesterday's daylies, I was reminded of something - how about the handbrake being disabled on cars that effectively didn't have one, like the Group B cars? Any chance of that happening? Would be fun for the authenticity AND challenge sake :)

CaseF said:
@KickUp Doing yesterday's daylies, I was reminded of something - how about the handbrake being disabled on cars that effectively didn't have one, like the Group B cars? Any chance of that happening? Would be fun for the authenticity AND challenge sake :)
Probably not, mainly because we're not racing in those time periods, merely with cars *from* then, which have since all been retro fitted with hydraulic systems.

CaseF said:
Probably not, mainly because we're not racing in those time periods, merely with cars *from* then, which have since all been retro fitted with hydraulic systems.
My thoughts exactly. We're racing in 2017 not 1985, there is likely to be some modernization.

Yeah I saw the Volvo request, I'm like the possibility, so much stuff might happen with late licensing deals.

Likewise, there was mention of currently talking to Skoda and Citreon about some models,. 

Again, all based on what deal may, or may not workout, but love that they have a chance :)

bogani said:
So what did we learn from reddit?

1. No saveable replays
2. Current SS length is 13km max.

What I found most interesting:

highRPMfan
4h

Can we please have a Volvo?

cm_kick_up
DiRT Dev Team
4h

You'll have to wait and see ;)

I thought the clubs (leagues) stuff was really interesting:
*Improved event creation and curation on DiRT4game.com.
*Full Your Stage integration (generate stages on website, with on-the-fly spline graphics!)
*Hidden Points
*Custom penalties
*Brand new, scalable scoring system to support tiny Clubs, huge *Clubs, and everything in-between.
...oh, and they're Cross Platform. ;)
Cross-platform! :love: That's a big boon for my gaming community.