Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

KickUp said:

Azoresst said:
@KickUp can we expect mixed surfaces (Tarmac/Gravel) with "Your Stage"? 
Perhaps not Tarmac to Gravel but mixed surfaces will continue. 

Why not? It exists even tracks with mud, tarmac and gravel and so on. Whats wrong about having such mixes?
Also it makes the choice of the tyre type more interesting - please add tyre types (even Rally Racing 97 you could choose between many types of tyres.

Etirion said:
The maximum stage length in DiRT Rally was actually around 9km. So you've got another 9km of road to play with in one hit. 
What about the 16.2km stages in finland though and pikes peak
bogani said:
The maximum stage length in DiRT Rally was actually around 9km. So you've got another 9km of road to play with in one hit. 
I guess they refer to Pikes Peak? 

18km is good enough.
still too short!

Look how long real rally stages usually are:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/harmonogram.php?e=503&t=Network-Q-RAC-Rally-1995
12km is in real rally a short track.
I would be fine if they would be at least 20 to 25km (not all but some. A good mix like seen in the URL I posted in previous post.

But right now in DR a 12km track can be called a long one :smirk:

Additional to that, we have only 5 locations while the stages even are often not entirely new sections, rather you drive the exactly same areas again, with just a little bit alteration of the route you drive. A bit like in NFS Hot Pursuit 2 - a big place just splitted into different routes where you drive the same areas from an other route.

Also a bit more alteration of the surfaces would be nice.

In DR we have the complete track gravel. Even no tarmac, gravel mix. A tarmac gravel mix is a nice experience already been at rally racing 97. even better if you drive from mud to tarmac. In DR we even dont have mud :(
Will Dirt4 have MUD?

I'm glad you were able to tell us what exists on tracks in the real world, non of us, especially the devs, knew any of that.

Also, i would imagine that RR 97 didn't have simulated tyres.
At least the grip was different. You dont want to drive tyres for tarmac on mud.
What do you use as handbrake? I've currently got it as B, but I can never seem to find it once the wheel isn't level
What kind of wheel do you have? I've got a DFGT, which has a sequential stick, I use that for gearshifts and have the left paddle as handbrake (and the right one as clutch). I have tried binding the handbrake on buttons before and even the big centre horn button (whic I now use to pause the game), but they were hard to find when driving. You could still mess up the sides with the paddles, but it's a lot less difficult to find when you need it, unlike the buttons
I have the H shifter on my right (which sounds wierd to other Brits but for some reason, it feels more normal) and I have the left paddle as the handbrake. Its the best way I've found to do it personally until I can work out a handbrake solution that fits on my desk lol
It feels more normal because it is more normal ;)

Shots fired! 
bogani said:
I have the H shifter on my right (which sounds wierd to other Brits but for some reason, it feels more normal) and I have the left paddle as the handbrake. Its the best way I've found to do it personally until I can work out a handbrake solution that fits on my desk lol
It feels more normal because it is more normal ;)

Shots fired! 
Its normal if you drive on the wrong side of the road or have an import  o:)