Jump to content Jump to content

human1101 said:
@kickup has there been any updates on if hotseat is going to make the final game?
Surely that would be fairly straight forward to implement?  In fact, its so easy to recreate, it may not actually be worth the effort?  I hot-seat on DR all the time, we just keep a mental note of the times?
KickUp said:
I suspect it is the fact that our cars have different chassis geometry setup, for example not all cars will have the same Ackermann. Also the angle that the wheels turn at will be different on different cars meaning that the steering wheel lock will not be providing identical feeling. 
Its the price we pay for not treating all our cars as the same chassis and then changing the numbers. We are changing our input settings so hopefully you'll get what you want in DiRT4. 
That's awesome to hear, thank you!
KickUp said:
I suspect it is the fact that our cars have different chassis geometry setup, for example not all cars will have the same Ackermann. Also the angle that the wheels turn at will be different on different cars meaning that the steering wheel lock will not be providing identical feeling. 
Its the price we pay for not treating all our cars as the same chassis and then changing the numbers. We are changing our input settings so hopefully you'll get what you want in DiRT4. 

I guess you'll have to join us on the dark side cranking that DOR up a bit for those cars. Try 540 ;)
ah the degrees of battle. :D                                                                                                                    

bogani said:
KickUp said:

I guess you'll have to join us on the dark side cranking that DOR up a bit for those cars. Try 540 ;)
Nope. Takes too long to adjust.
bogani said:
KickUp said:

Bringing up the menu and click a few times on the saturation setting takes too much time?

Kids these days...
bogani said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:

Bringing up the menu and click a few times on the saturation setting takes too much time?

Kids these days...
To adjust to the new rotation, obviously. :P I'd be uncompetitive for far too long.
bogani said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:

Kids these days...
To adjust to the new rotation, obviously. :P I'd be uncompetitive for far too long.
I was mainly talking about running 540 with cars you find hyper sensitive, not across the whole field of cars ;)
Tried that. Then the sharp bends get annoying, but the quick ones feels ok-ish.

Besides, wouldn't want to change degrees back and forth every time I want to drive a car that is bugged.
The '95 Impreza with default setup at full 900 degree lock must be your worst nightmare in that case :P
Yeah. 300 degrees is what I'm used to, so that is what I'll be sticking to.
Didzis said:
I have to drive on the wrong side of the road, so it made sense to put my shifter on the right, still need a suggestion for a cheap/easy way to get a USB handbrake so I don't have to rubber band my shifter.
You could get a cheap USB gamepad and make some kind of lever mechanism which depresses one of the buttons (or make a custom one using a micro switch and soldering that to one of the existing buttons of the gamepad). You would basically be using that gamepad as the brains of the handbrake, so you wouldn't need to program anything, the PC would just see the gamepad, so everything should work just fine. That would require some craftsmanship though :D 

I wanted to do something like this, just haven't gotten around to do it. It's H-shifter in the video. With a handbrake you would be using just one button instead of many and the mechanism would be a bit different, but the principle remains the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJT4V1UzZ4
Before I sold my Obutto/Triple screen setup I used my TH8 as my handbrake for RBR (before DR came out).  It worked great!  But I gave up on sim racing for awhile because there seemed to be no rally simulator ever  coming out again and circuit racing just doesn't do it for me anymore like it used to.

Then Dirt Rally came out of absolutely nowhere, luckily I saved my Clubsport wheel/pedals and a basic wheel stand just in case.  Rally sim + wheel setup is just the absolute best.  I can't believe @RallyDriven just now got one!  I have seen you posting here for a long time.  Btw I now use a button for handbrake, it takes a little to get used to but you'll get it!

Besides, wouldn't want to change degrees back and forth every time I want to drive a car that is bugged.
Would be a small price to pay if it would have solved your problem.

Whatever floats your boat.

The '95 Impreza with default setup at full 900 degree lock must be your worst nightmare in that case :P
Fair, it bugs me if I don't use whats realistic to the car. 900 degrees with the default Impreza is a very fun challenge personally, its nuts. I can contend with not being competitive in dailies 

Fair, it bugs me if I don't use whats realistic to the car. 900 degrees with the default Impreza is a very fun challenge personally, its nuts. I can contend with not being competitive in dailies 
I find it hard to believe the Impreza used 900 though. 720 yes, but not 900?
bogani said:

I find it hard to believe the Impreza used 900 though. 720 yes, but not 900?
I'm pretty sure its 900, might be 720 though
bogani said:

Would be a small price to pay if it would have solved your problem.

Whatever floats your boat.
No, it wouldn't be a small price at all. Annoying and inconvenient, that's how it would be.

Plus I'd actually have to remember it. I'm not good at remembering.
muscle memory is everything if you used to playing at 540 your body is set to that just like porky is 300. changing degrees if you play at a certain way takes time to retrain your muscle memory which will obviously effect your performance and times.

gfRally said:
dwkGravey said:
RodgerDavies said:
I'll be honest that I wasn't thrilled by Michigan as a location when it was announced, but having read up on it recently it really does seem to be the centre of North American rallying (3 rounds of Rally America series are held there!). So, whilst there are more significant places in the rallying world, I concede that it does have its place. 
Well if you don't want our continent in rally games, you shouldn't have colonized us. :wink: Bring on some CRC rounds!

Is that a pic of Pacific Forest stages?
Rocky Mountain Rally.
dgeesi0 said:
muscle memory is everything if you used to playing at 540 your body is set to that just like porky is 300. changing degrees if you play at a certain way takes time to retrain your muscle memory which will obviously effect your performance and times.

Sometimes "Muscle memory" can be very bad....