Jump to content Jump to content

Didzis said:
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but how much hard drive space will DiRT4 take up? Not that it makes much difference, I'm just interested
We don't know yet. We throw it all together then optimise what is there. Only then will we know. I suspect it will be more than Rally was though. 
Waaaaay down the line, YourStage could be further developed to allow user selectable tiles with basic manipulation options.  The community could literally start recreating any world stage layout they choose.  Those days really aren't that far away, if a studio decides to do it!
KevM said:
Waaaaay down the line, YourStage could be further developed to allow user selectable tiles with basic manipulation options.  The community could literally start recreating any world stage layout they choose.  Those days really aren't that far away, if a studio decides to do it!
This is in our long term plan.
Thanks - no rush.

Really enjoyed the IGN interview, I'll stop asking about the Your Stage details because I'm certainly sold on that concept, although I am still curious to see more footage obviously.

“That list always starts with a number bigger than five. It’s where you eventually come down to.”

I know it's unlikely, and no worries if not, but wondering if you could divulge what else was on the original list? Was it based on surface types or places you wanted to cover etc? Or you had a list of ten and an order of priority?

Having read up more on Michigan and scolded my own snobbery, I'm more than happy with the five chosen (although of course would have preferences for any more!); I'm just curious.
Thanks - no rush.

Really enjoyed the IGN interview, I'll stop asking about the Your Stage details because I'm certainly sold on that concept, although I am still curious to see more footage obviously.

“That list always starts with a number bigger than five. It’s where you eventually come down to.”

I know it's unlikely, and no worries if not, but wondering if you could divulge what else was on the original list? Was it based on surface types or places you wanted to cover etc? Or you had a list of ten and an order of priority?

Having read up more on Michigan and scolded my own snobbery, I'm more than happy with the five chosen (although of course would have preferences for any more!); I'm just curious.
I don't think I can say but suffice to say they were all places where rallies happen rather than something fantastical. 
In the video where you introduced the random track generator I missed options.

There I could see only a Complexity slider, but no options on Surface probabilities, Crests, jumps, sinks and such, probability of high jumps & track height differences, turn probabilities and turn strengths, straights etc.

Some finetuning, next to a complete random button would be nice.

There I could see only a Complexity slider, but no options on Surface probabilities, Crests, jumps, sinks and such, probability of high jumps & track height differences, turn probabilities and turn strengths, straights etc.

Maybe one day we will expose more options but for now we want to keep the choices simple and the generation more immediate. 
@KickUp
Can you guys do a video or something in the next Road Book explaining the concept of aquiring our cars through Classified Ads? Sounds really neat. 

Id like to see how much depth is there, as well as how much depth there will be in upgrading and customizing (aesthetically and mechanically) our beaters turned beasts!
Will we have any Location more in the future for DiRT4? If yes, which Will be your preferred Location @KickUp?
New Zealand please or Indonesia! I miss both from CMR and have fond memories running down a stage with a Corolla at night under heavy rain and mud playing in splitscreen with a friend. I was blown up by the game... Good ol' days!
KickUp said:

Maybe one day we will expose more options but for now we want to keep the choices simple and the generation more immediate. 
Would be really cool if you do. Such options shouldnt overwhelm users imo.. because they're obvious? xD
The full random option can and should stay, I just like to have the possibility to finetune if I want to.

Best would be the full random button and the other options checkmarked if settings yourself a probability

so if I want only change the crest probability that it is like this:

[ ] other option
[ ] other option
[x ] crest probability (setting here)
[ ] other option

Generate button

So all would be still random probs, but the crests prob is set by you.

Another question:

Does the copilot work with generated tracks??
Does the AI work with these tracks? Because I wonder how the engine should know what are reasonable times if they dont know the track?
@KickUp
Can you guys do a video or something in the next Road Book explaining the concept of aquiring our cars through Classified Ads? Sounds really neat. 

Id like to see how much depth is there, as well as how much depth there will be in upgrading and customizing (aesthetically and mechanically) our beaters turned beasts!
Yes we will be doing something in the Road Book on this aspect and a number of other areas of the game. When they will happen is yet to be decided. 
KickUp said:
@KickUp

Yes we will be doing something in the Road Book on this aspect and a number of other areas of the game. When they will happen is yet to be decided. 
Awesome thanks for replying. 
KickUp said:

Would be really cool if you do. Such options shouldnt overwhelm users imo.. because they're obvious? xD
The full random option can and should stay, I just like to have the possibility to finetune if I want to.

Best would be the full random button and the other options checkmarked if settings yourself a probability

so if I want only change the crest probability that it is like this:

[ ] other option
[ ] other option
[x ] crest probability (setting here)
[ ] other option

Generate button

So all would be still random probs, but the crests prob is set by you.

Another question:

Does the copilot work with generated tracks??
Does the AI work with these tracks? Because I wonder how the engine should know what are reasonable times if they dont know the track?
It does work with the co driver.
The AI times are also accurate. 
@KickUp (sorry to ask this again) Is there any possibility to see you providing realistic FFB (maybe even including, profiler etc.) Settings for wheel you have a support.
It would be a great thing for a player to be provided with most realistic FFB & wheel settings, that have been calibrated with real life drivers.
His would mean that players (like me) who don't have any real racing experience can trust that they are getting most realistic experience their wheel model can provide.
It could be shipped with game or just make a blog post or similar after release
I am looking forward to a bit more purpose to the grind in this game.  The current competitive tiers should make it a whole lot more fun for everyone who plays.  

Wonder if the dailies/weekly/monthly Stages will be bespoke to each tier with added length & complexity, or the same for all?  I feel that either the stages need to be different for each level, or the car performance/driver aid needs to differ from tier to tier that you run the stage with.  Progression would feel more rewarding than just finishing fastest in a lower tier on the ladder if the tiers had differentiation.  Then your achievement would feel more valid
Not sure if this been raised but is it possible to split the audio on the PS4? I have the idea of using my headphones for pace notes via the headphone jack on the pad and then my surround sound (I tried it ages ago but it didn't work and don't have my surround set up at the moment) for the rest of the effects. 
Would it be possible to implement in Dirt 4, it could really imo add to the immersion.