Jump to content Jump to content

@KickUp Will all cars from the the R2, R4 and R5 classes have some of your in-house designed liveries? Also, I asked a few pages back if someone knew which day the game would unlock for digital purchases in Europe.

P.S - I sent you a message to clear up a mistake.
If I got to choose I would get rid of a few of the liveries that look a bit cartoony. The start screen is filled with yellow, lilac liveries and such. Not a fan of those. Liked the static location start screen better :)

@KickUp Will all cars from the the R2, R4 and R5 classes have some of your in-house designed liveries? Also, I asked a few pages back if someone knew which day the game would unlock for digital purchases in Europe.

P.S - I sent you a message to clear up a mistake.
Some will and some won't, it will depend on the car. Sorry I can't be more specific but we don't know for sure at this stage. 

As for when it will unlock. I have no idea but I would assume it would be the earliest date that it becomes available in that territory. 
KickUp said:
human1101 said:
@KickUp are we going to see the full roster of rallycross cars in dirt 4 seeing as you have the licence?
Here is your more information ;)

We haven't been able to secure all cars as World RX don't control the rights to the vehicles. 
I have my fingers crossed that all the rallycross cars we saw back in November can be successfully licensed! 
KickUp said:
Ooh also regarding liveries @KickUp but I imagine I already know the answer due to licencing and copyright, can we import pictures into the livery editor or is it using pre-installed shapes and logos etc?
No importing pictures. It's pre installed shapes etc. 
Is the livery editor going to be more like the one in GRID games (i.e. premade liveries where you can only change colors) or something like in NFS (where you can make liveries by combining different shapes manually)
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Ooh also regarding liveries @KickUp but I imagine I already know the answer due to licencing and copyright, can we import pictures into the livery editor or is it using pre-installed shapes and logos etc?
Is the livery editor going to be more like the one in GRID games (i.e. premade liveries where you can only change colors) or something like in NFS (where you can make liveries by combining different shapes manually)
More like Grid
KickUp said:
@KickUp How difficult has licencing become compared to say 10 years ago or has it always been this difficult?
More difficult.  :(
Honestly, I think we'll have just 3 of those 4 R5s @Rallycameraman and @RallyDriven mentioned, since the pending one is unlikely due to all these unfortunate complications :/  If you guys manage to license the Skoda Fabia R5, there will be happiness, incredulity and shoes will be eaten. 
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
More like Grid
I can live with that. I spent more hours designing liveries than racing in the Forza games, and while that was fun and rewarding, I won't complain if a game favours driving over designing. Between the templates, colours, and sponsor logos, I was able to make some liveries I was pretty happy with in Grid.
KickUp said:
While I would, that is a lot to do 4 pages worth xD Did the others from a day or two ago actually get removed or just buried?

We are aware and are looking into the issue. Sorry it has taken so long.
No worries, I don't envy the person who has to deal with it ;)  Keep calm and carry on!
Sorry about the spam guys! All fixed now.  
dwkGravey said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
More like Grid
I can live with that. I spent more hours designing liveries than racing in the Forza games, and while that was fun and rewarding, I won't complain if a game favours driving over designing. Between the templates, colours, and sponsor logos, I was able to make some liveries I was pretty happy with in Grid.
The liveries people create in the Forza world are properly impressive!
bogani said:
dwkGravey said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
More like Grid
I used to make liveries in Pro Street some 10 years ago :D This is the only one rally related that I still have a picture of 

bogani said:
Back in 2007 I spent a good 10 hours making an Amon Amarth Porsche.  I don't know if it's different nowadays in the series, but everything had to be made by picking geometric shapes and manipulating them.  It took forever!  Turned out pretty good, but I'd never go through that again.

griev0r said:

bogani said:
Back in 2007 I spent a good 10 hours making an Amon Amarth Porsche.  I don't know if it's different nowadays in the series, but everything had to be made by picking geometric shapes and manipulating them.  It took forever!  Turned out pretty good, but I'd never go through that again.

griev0r said:

bogani said:

I believe it's the same process still.
Didzis said:
I used to make liveries in Pro Street some 10 years ago :D This is the only one rally related that I still have a picture of 
Ahh, the NFS livery editor. I was more into livery creation in NFSWorld, although I didn't really make any rally liveries (I was bad at them xD ). I did mainly replicas and some custom simple designs. The most "Codemaster" thing I did was the Ravenwest livery :D

KickUp said:
While I would, that is a lot to do 4 pages worth xD Did the others from a day or two ago actually get removed or just buried?

We are aware and are looking into the issue. Sorry it has taken so long.
No worries, I don't envy the person who has to deal with it ;)  Keep calm and carry on!
Sorry about the spam guys! All fixed now.  

I think you made it angry!
With forza, I'm either really good, or absalotely terrible! And the problem is I like running my own liveries so I can have my own number on the side of my car, and carry over the same sponsors. So if what I make turns out like crap, I'm either stuck with it, or I have to download someone else's!
I really enjoyed grid's editor, it was simple, yet allowed for a lot of options, so I'm more than happy with that type of system