Jump to content Jump to content

KickUp said:
Basically there were a whole bunch of pre-set patterns to chose from, and you could change the colours of it, change your door numbers and apply sponsors
Yup. To clarify a bit more. This is a team branding suite that allows you to name your team, select a pattern for you cars and choose colours for the various elements of those patterns. You can also add your name, flag and race number. 
The sponsors that you have signed will appear on the car in the slots you choose. 
The key thing is that this scheme then appears on all your team vehicles. 
Calling it a livery editor is probably over selling it.
It does allow you to give your team an identity though and it is a bit more refined than the grid one was. 
One last clarification: Will we be able to apply different liveries for individual cars, or do we have to use one team livery for everything?
BadD0g said:
KickUp said:
Basically there were a whole bunch of pre-set patterns to chose from, and you could change the colours of it, change your door numbers and apply sponsors
Yup. To clarify a bit more. This is a team branding suite that allows you to name your team, select a pattern for you cars and choose colours for the various elements of those patterns. You can also add your name, flag and race number. 
The sponsors that you have signed will appear on the car in the slots you choose. 
The key thing is that this scheme then appears on all your team vehicles. 
Calling it a livery editor is probably over selling it.
It does allow you to give your team an identity though and it is a bit more refined than the grid one was. 
One last clarification: Will we be able to apply different liveries for individual cars, or do we have to use one team livery for everything?
It's one for everything. The patterns do change a bit  to suit the different styles of car though. 
KickUp said:
BE STILL MY BEATING HEART
I love the direction arrows from DR that they look like written with chalk or sth like that. Now they look rather clean xD
ya I really loved the arrow design of DR :)

And I hope we see surface changes this time. Not like in DR 100% gravel or 100% tarmac
I'd like to see a mud to tarmac transition or even a gravel, tarmac, mud mix!
Not just tarmac and ice as the only combination we currently have. But with these short tracks it limits a bit the possibilities, but should be still doable better than before.

and include to choose a tyre type. Which tyre to choose if the track has 30% tarmac, 40% mud and 30% gravel - and next track maybe much tarmac etc, there is where type of tyre gets interesting. This was implemented in Rally Racing 97 and was cool :)

And please include more weather in the career! At the DR career - the clouds almost never break!
dwkGravey said:
KickUp said: 
@KickUp to be clear, the name, flag and race number will be on the car rather than the windows, right? On the fenders maybe?

Also, was the name and flag option added recently due to the feedback given or was it already planned?
I'm more than certain that you said all this and got the answers several pages back, and they're all in the negative.DeMoN1111111 said:
I love the direction arrows from DR that they look like written with chalk or sth like that. Now they look rather clean xD
ya I really loved the arrow design of DR :)

And I hope we see surface changes this time. Not like in DR 100% gravel or 100% tarmac
I'd like to see a mud to tarmac transition or even a gravel, tarmac, mud mix!
Not just tarmac and ice as the only combination we currently have. But with these short tracks it limits a bit the possibilities, but should be still doable better than before.

and include to choose a tyre type. Which tyre to choose if the track has 30% tarmac, 40% mud and 30% gravel - and next track maybe much tarmac etc, there is where type of tyre gets interesting. This was implemented in Rally Racing 97 and was cool :)

And please include more weather in the career! At the DR career - the clouds almost never break!

I just remember the tyre and the track lengths

I remember tyre wasnt decided yet and track lengths being engine limited.

I dont remember anything negative though. Engine limit is neutral, not negative.

And I dont remember mentioning different surfaces or weather. And both I cant see where this would be negative to have...
dwkGravey said:
KickUp said: 
@KickUp to be clear, the name, flag and race number will be on the car rather than the windows, right? On the fenders maybe?

Also, was the name and flag option added recently due to the feedback given or was it already planned?
Flag on roof scoop would be great.

How about blood type on older cars? :wink:
dwkGravey said:
KickUp said: 

It depends on the car as to its position. 
Milestone's new IP is called... wait for it... GRAVEL (lol)

It's an arcade racer in the spirit of their old Screamer games (to a degree), or Sega Rally Revo. You can see a video of it here: http://www.sfgate.com/news/media/Gravel-Preview-770658.php

It's notable they have at least 2 Toyota Celicas in the game...
I just hope @Rallycameraman was in testing DiRT 4 V2 handling!!   :p

Thicken the virtual air & atmosphere up a bit, it'll give a bit of wheel spin if there is resistance for the cars to push against & it might help those little orange fly-away roadside arrows from taking to the skies!   :D
I just remember the tyre and the track lengths

I remember tyre wasnt decided yet and track lengths being engine limited.

I dont remember anything negative though. Engine limit is neutral, not negative.

And I dont remember mentioning different surfaces or weather. And both I cant see where this would be negative to have...
Negative here means "no". Not "a bad mark"

It's an arcade racer in the spirit of their old Screamer games (to a degree), or Sega Rally Revo. You can see a video of it here: http://www.sfgate.com/news/media/Gravel-Preview-770658.php

Looks like turn 10 or playground made it. 

They get the award for the most original IP name!! I'm sure they had to think for months, for such a singular name.

/sarcasm

P.S. - I LoL'ed reading the IP name

JZStudios said:
*Sees spam thread with 4 Spam Flags*

*click*
Never understood or liked the color grading in that movie. Why does it look like that?
Artistic choice
Well they chose wrong.
I recenterly watched Hero on Netflix a little while ago, and there isn't a single frame in that entire movie that isn't just stunningly beautiful.

Could be fun. Or it could be quite boring. The presenters sounded bored.
I'm waiting for other companies to bring out SNOW and ASPHALT, oh, wait, that last one already exists too!
Snow does exist. It's a snowboard game on Steam. Might do Skiing too. There's also Steep from Ubisoft, presumably because Snow was already taken.