Jump to content Jump to content

Might be my confirmation bias speaking, but some of the footage in that video looks more like it was using the simulation handling too.

WD40 livery for the Fiesta is an interesting one. For those that don't know, that's a livery seen around a few UK rallies in real life.

What a crap picture. Bet it was a right dickhead who took that... ;)  Really glad to see the WD40 livery on the Fiesta R5, it's a cool looking rally car! 

The Focus RS RX looks so good, can't wait to get my hands on it. Nice to see a little snippet of Loheac as well. 

Couple of questions concerning the new pre-order information. The first one has been asked by others:

1. Is the Hyundai i20 R5 only going to be available for those who pre-order, or does the pre-order just gift players with the car sooner than you would get it by playing through the game?

2. Am I right saying that there are three pre-order packages available:

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon)
- Day One edition 
(Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack

So the steelbook is only available with the Day One edition, not the Special Edition? 
About the Hyundai i20 R5:

As far as I understand it will be like the Mini Pack from DiRT Rally console release. Full acess to the car from day one and acess to an "exclusive" online community Hyundai Event taking place between 9th-11th of June.

Edit: See comment below
tbtstt said:
Couple of questions concerning the new pre-order information. The first one has been asked by others:

1. Is the Hyundai i20 R5 only going to be available for those who pre-order, or does the pre-order just gift players with the car sooner than you would get it by playing through the game?

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack) 

So the steelbook is only available with the Day One edition, not the Special Edition? 
You'll need to preorder to get the Hyundai. It may become available to purchase at a later date but for now the only way to get it is to pre order. 
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack) 

You'll need to preorder to get the Hyundai. It may become available to purchase at a later date but for now the only way to get it is to pre order. 
Thanks for the clarification @KickUp. Have I read the situation with the pre-order bundles correctly as well? 
It would be interesting to see how much more the special edition costs compared to the reguilar version. I remember a game where every copy was the special edition.
Was that Far Cry 3 by any chance? I remember pre-ordering the game for PC off Amazon for £30 and turned out it was the special edition with a book, special survival pack type thing and a bobblehead. Pre-orders sold out pretty fast lol. I couldn't believe I got a special edition of a brand new game for only £30...
It would be interesting to see how much more the special edition costs compared to the reguilar version. I remember a game where every copy was the special edition.
Was that Far Cry 3 by any chance? I remember pre-ordering the game for PC off Amazon for £30 and turned out it was the special edition with a book, special survival pack type thing and a bobblehead. Pre-orders sold out pretty fast lol. I couldn't believe I got a special edition of a brand new game for only £30...
It was Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed to be exact. I remember I was so scared of not getting the special edition because I wanted the Outrun track. But it was pretty much everywhere. I guess it will depend on the country you're in.
Hmm, sounds a bit strange keeping a car from the majority of people. From the sound of it's also in a class that has got 3 cars in total. 

I understand there need to be some carrot to pre-order though, but still a bit bummed.
gfRally said:
I know its a bad word around here, Sounds like DLC in the future.  A unique event and a Car that may be bought later (not confirmed). 

I will shut up now
DLC is no problem if the actual production of the content is finalized after the release.
Releasing content that is ready on release as paid DLC later on, that is what people hate.