Jump to content Jump to content

tbtstt said:
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
Couple of questions concerning the new pre-order information. The first one has been asked by others:

1. Is the Hyundai i20 R5 only going to be available for those who pre-order, or does the pre-order just gift players with the car sooner than you would get it by playing through the game?

2. Am I right saying that there are three pre-order packages available:

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon)
- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack) 

So the steelbook is only available with the Day One edition, not the Special Edition? 
You'll need to preorder to get the Hyundai. It may become available to purchase at a later date but for now the only way to get it is to pre order. 
Thanks for the clarification @KickUp. Have I read the situation with the pre-order bundles correctly as well? 
I don't know the full details on every pack but that sounds about right. Please understand that while the dev team are involved in hooking this stuff up we don't determine who or what gets added to packs and how they are delivered.
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
Couple of questions concerning the new pre-order information. The first one has been asked by others:

1. Is the Hyundai i20 R5 only going to be available for those who pre-order, or does the pre-order just gift players with the car sooner than you would get it by playing through the game?

2. Am I right saying that there are three pre-order packages available:

- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon)
- Day One edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery and Founder Icon) plus steelbook 
- Special Edition (Hyundai R5 rally car, unique event, livery, Founder Icon, and Team Booster Pack) 

So the steelbook is only available with the Day One edition, not the Special Edition? 
You'll need to preorder to get the Hyundai. It may become available to purchase at a later date but for now the only way to get it is to pre order. 
Thanks for the clarification @KickUp. Have I read the situation with the pre-order bundles correctly as well? 
I don't know the full details on every pack but that sounds about right. Please understand that while the dev team are involved in hooking this stuff up we don't determine who or what gets added to packs and how they are delivered.
Fully understood @KickUp. My post was a query rather than a critique so I hope that's how you read it. :) I want to be sure of the bundles, as I'd like another shiny steelbook to sit alongside my DiRT Rally one! 
So here's a suggestion:

If you dont quite like the idea about the i20 R5 being exclusive to pre-orders and probably being a paid DLC post-launch send a tweet to Christina (@xtinamcgrath) and Andy (@AndyGray_). Maybe they can do something about it... Personally I don't like this approach.
Azoresst said:
So here's a suggestion:

If you dont quite like the idea about the i20 R5 being exclusive to pre-orders and probably being a paid DLC post-launch send a tweet to Christina (@xtinamcgrath) and Andy (@AndyGray_). Maybe they can do something about it... Personally I don't like this approach.
It's not on them either so don't shoot the messengers please. I'll be speaking to people about it. 
Azoresst said:
So here's a suggestion:

I'll create a wider topic on this in future but I have sympathy with the studio's here. Their job is to get as much out of this as possible and they will have an idea that this is the best model for making sales. Therefore, the game will be budgeted for with this strategy in mind, meaning that this sort of pre-order programme might be the reason the licensors can afford an extra car, or the level artists have the resources to create a few extra 'tiles' for each country.

I can understand the frustration with it, but have come to realise that it is part of the reason they can justify spending extra on the game. And personally, the game is likely to be great, if it follows on from DR, so I'm happy with all the content they can create for it, however it is sold. 

My only hope is that it is made available to people who don't pre-order further down the line.
KickUp said:
Azoresst said:
So here's a suggestion:

It's not on them either so don't shoot the messengers please. I'll be speaking to people about it. 
What Paul said - it's not our decision (as ultimately Sales and our distribution partners Koch decide how the game is packaged) - but I can certainly take the feedback back to the team for future projects. However, with things locked in and announcements confirmed, I'm afraid there's very little that could come off the back of it for DiRT 4.
KickUp said:
Azoresst said:
So here's a suggestion:

What Paul said - it's not our decision (as ultimately Sales and our distribution partners Koch decide how the game is packaged) - but I can certainly take the feedback back to the team for future projects. However, with things locked in and announcements confirmed, I'm afraid there's very little that could come off the back of it for DiRT 4.
Understandable.
This kinda sucks. I know it's not the same situation, but I remember hating playing Dirt 3 and seeing the grayed out Stratosphere, S4, Saturn Sky, etc. I guess the lack of i20 won't be the loss of an icon or a major player in rallying for whoever buys the standard version, but it'll still be a notable omission (especially when the R5 won't have much cars to begin with, as far as I understand).
KickUp said:
Azoresst said:
So here's a suggestion:

That's what I meant by my post regarding the situation. I didn't want by any mean to "spam" your inbox with messages related with the subject, but actually giving feedback about it.
ALSO, for those of you asking - the digital pre-orders (on all platforms) will come with all of the content (including the Hyundai, access the the event, livery, founder icon and Team Boost). The announcement today focused purely on the physical copies, but just in case you were wondering about digital. :) 
ALSO, for those of you asking - the digital pre-orders (on all platforms) will come with all of the content (including the Hyundai, access the the event, livery, founder icon and Team Boost). The announcement today focused purely on the physical copies, but just in case you were wondering about digital. :) 
Will there be a physical version of the Steam copy so we can get the steelbook?  o:)
Teuchter said:
@KickUp @ChristinaMc Now, never mind who gets what when at how much, I'm more interested in what Petter said in the video about if whoever beats him at his "stage" time will get a "Proper trophy"...

This. Better. Happen. 
That seems really tempting. Could also chain an achievement to it. Like "The 5% of the 5%!" 
SkyRex said:
Teuchter said:
@KickUp @ChristinaMc Now, never mind who gets what when at how much, I'm more interested in what Petter said in the video about if whoever beats him at his "stage" time will get a "Proper trophy"...

This. Better. Happen. 
That seems really tempting. Could also chain an achievement to it. Like "The 5% of the 5%!" 
So, the 0,25%?