Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Well, they are in Barcelona RX round, so pretty much everything they'll post on twitter/instagram is nothing more than some nice finds, not actual gossip.

That's of course the sane reasoning, the Gossip Thread reasoning is nothing more than those are the cars that will be in the up to 2000cc class xD

What sort of world are we living in, where Paul posts this on Twitter and it doesn't make it to the Gossip thread?

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/848084495622447104

Shame.

Or This https://www.instagram.com/p/BSV_u74DTQj/?taken-by=cole_trickle

I hear it's going to be in an and upcoming game or something.

zoliRX said:

KickUp said:

Just so you know. There will be helicopters in the sky but they won't be doing any crazy flight paths or low flying. They will sometimes appear in unexpected locations so you'll need to keep your concentration on the road. 

Talking about crazy and low flight paths, I remember seeing a footage on Twitter of a helicopter literally chasing a car, just a couple metres right behind it.  I can no longer find it though. It looked absolutely insane. 

That would be every rally in Europe where Scandinavians are operating chopps :D 
They're literally crazy! In Poland you could feel the wind and vibrating from the spinning! There was an awesome footage from Finland where he was flying between the trees above the road - can't find it atm. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0nH7FLuZNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkk8H5--6Q

@KickUp what about easter eggs in DR? How many are still not found? 

versedi said:

zoliRX said:
KickUp said:

Just so you know. There will be helicopters in the sky but they won't be doing any crazy flight paths or low flying. They will sometimes appear in unexpected locations so you'll need to keep your concentration on the road. 
Talking about crazy and low flight paths, I remember seeing a footage on Twitter of a helicopter literally chasing a car, just a couple metres right behind it.  I can no longer find it though. It looked absolutely insane. 
That would be every rally in Europe where Scandinavians are operating chopps :D 
They're literally crazy! In Poland you could feel the wind and vibrating from the spinning! There was an awesome footage from Finland where he was flying between the trees above the road - can't find it atm. 

The guy flying this helicopter in those videos is not scandinavian, his name is Thibault de Coster and he is from belgium ;). Crazy talented guy.
And I'm pretty sure he flies the TV helicopter on every round of  the wrc and other championships occasionally.
Also the crazy cameraman that dare ride with him and brings amazing footage to us is named Bart van Aert. 

KickUp said:

Thank you KickUp for all these details.
Simply, frankly, I advise you to take all the ideas of the game WRC2001 on PS2 regarding the replays.
There is everything in this game that is no longer done in the current rally games at the point of view replay, it's true !!
;-)

ipascal, if you would kindly accept it,  my answer would be to you is DiRT 4 is going to be DiRT 4. Come on, chap! Honestly, I myself need a decent wheel to enjoy the physics and the real immersion not apaches and jet fighters..

versedi said:

I'd first like to know about which Easter Eggs were found in DiRT Rally, should I expect to get my car stolen by an UFO in the nearby future or what?

[Notices weird lights in the sky]
They're already here...

versedi said:

I'd first like to know about which Easter Eggs were found in DiRT Rally, should I expect to get my car stolen by an UFO in the nearby future or what?

[Notices weird lights in the sky]
They're already here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_P3UYfcHR4

Inside Sim Racing Beyond the Gloves EP. 8

At about 7 min you can see Michigan and Spain, along with an Opel Adam

Edit: This is new... (appeared when I tried to edit my post)
  • You have posted 2 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 120 seconds before attempting to post again.
Spain looks very nice. I prefer it over Germany as an asphalt location anyway, because it's more road-ish. Didn't expect spain to feel that diverse actually, with all those elevation changes, road junctions, villages, roadside cliffs/mini-canyons and stuff... looks promising. Only thing still missing would be some backroad sections (one lane and less good surface than the two lane good stuff) and then it would cover almost all areas of tarmac rally driving (except mixed) (IF YourStage holds up to all promises)

Also Ibiza RX confirmed and WRX-Class has seven cars. So I'd assume it's the same roster form DR, Minus the Subaru and Plus the Focus and Ibiza

SkyRex said:

Spain looks very nice. I prefer it over Germany as an asphalt location anyway, because it's more road-ish. Didn't expect spain to feel that diverse actually, with all those elevation changes, road junctions, villages, roadside cliffs/mini-canyons and stuff... looks promising. Only thing still missing would be some backroad sections (one lane and less good surface than the two lane good stuff) and then it would cover almost all areas of tarmac rally driving (except mixed) (IF YourStage holds up to all promises)

Also Ibiza RX confirmed and WRX-Class has seven cars. So I'd assume it's the same roster form DR, Minus the Subaru and Plus the Focus and Ibiza

I swear I felt really overwhelmed when I saw the car slide around the corners of that village in Spain, that scenario looks really promising. By the way the Ibiza was confirmed back when they released the first video where you get to see the rx supercars, the "introducing yourstage" video
At the end you also see Wales in sunlight. Looks really... green and lush, good contrast to the normal muddy Wales.

And some nice little detail in that Spain-Run: In that mini-canyon there where a bunch of big Rocks that fell onto the road being blocked of by some Attention-Tape and warning buoys, right at the outside of a corner.
The asphalt stuff does look like it feels tighter than DR. Hard to tell by just watching though.

I agree with the console FOV question. Why it would affect performance. People usually want to decrease the FOV, which means less peripheral vision. Just keep in between reasonable limits.
Watching on the side at Michigan, the little that I saw, was impressive from what I know it looks like there.  Some wide areas, looked like some tighter areas too (like posted above there are narrow sections in LSPR event).  

The atmosphere, even though he was knocking it a little, I think it looks like a great improvement with the tent and all.  I think we are getting a lot of checks off the DR wishlist.  

gfRally said:
The atmosphere, even though he was knocking it a little, I think it looks like a great improvement with the tent and all.  I think we are getting a lot of checks off the DR wishlist.  

It seemed weird to me that they said that the presentation was more "game-like." What wrong with sims having better presentation? I know it's not the norm, but maybe it should be.
From what I saw of the video, the crashes look a lot better. Since I've come back to DR a few days ago I remembered the most frustrating thing about it: the rock solid ditches. Luckily, the guy in the Opel Adam went off the road, dug the nose of the car in the dirt and carried on without rocketing into space, and the guy from the video slammed into the walls in Spain without getting launched away. Thank goodness!

BadD0g said:

gfRally said:

It seemed weird to me that they said that the presentation was more "game-like." What wrong with sims having better presentation? I know it's not the norm, but maybe it should be.

Yeah, I guess if you play a lot of iRacing, you start to equal simulation to stale interface/environments.  I take it with a grain of salt.  

John is a good guy, but I think we would have got a different view from Billy, since he has been playing rally games since the early Colin McRae days.  None the less, its good to see different perspectives and good to see some early comments on the game.  

Is it JUNE yet :lol:

Not going to lie, I loved the interface and clinical style of DR's UI, to me it was perfect. This will be a downgrade to me, but I understand it's what a lot of people want - not that important, I just thought DR's UI was near-perfection for me (especially before the final patch). Still think D4's is a great looking version of what it is.