Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

13 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Congratulations on the new role! 

Sorry to kick off with a moan but, on the assumption that the details in that post are the same as those that will appear in the game, the specification for the RS200 Evolution is incorrect (the same error was present in DiRT 4 as well). 

Hey Codies, since you're on a hiring spree I think I found an intern for you to pick up - you can just make him fact check everything for you 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

Hey Codies, since you're on a hiring spree I think I found an intern for you to pick up - you can just make him fact check everything for you 😉

You laugh but that is in fact one way for people to eventually end up working for a game company! 😄 

There are quite a few examples. The current Game Director for World of Warcraft, Ion Hazzikostas, was once just an average Joe playing the game and providing the devs with feedback and advice. 😛 

6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Anyone playing with the Group B RX cars on console? I have downloaded the cars from the PS Store, but no sign of them in either My Team or Freeplay. 

Same thing happened with Germany. PSN seems a little unpredictable when it comes to DLC availability.

First @PJTierney Congratulation! i know its big shoe to fill, but i Have fate in You, and after your first article i have no doubt you will be great Community Manager :) 

Now if i may ask:

I have two question

1- Will we get somekind livery for Ford Focus RS rally 2007

2- Will there be more DLC after Season 2?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

First @PJTierney Congratulation! i know its big shoe to fill, but i Have fate in You, and after your first article i have no doubt you will be great Community Manager :) 

Now if i may ask:

I have two question

1- Will we get somekind livery for Ford Focus RS rally 2007

2- Will there be more DLC after Season 2?

this game will be supported for at least another year, new and old content on the way.

2 hours ago, Rallystu2 said:

Same thing happened with Germany. PSN seems a little unpredictable when it comes to DLC availability.

Well it was available from midnight (and, unlike the Focus/Impreza release, both cars were immediately available for download), however neither cars has popped up in game. 

Lesson learned: don't stay up late waiting for new content, just play it the next day! (assuming it's working today)

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can't talk about plans after Season 2, but I'm sure we'll find ways to keep you entertained 😉 

Congratulations on your new role!

was there any truth in the photos of the 97 Impreza and 92 Legacy showing the sounds being recorded? Or was it unrelated to DR2? 

Unless i’ve missed something that’s the only hint of any gossip there has been so far.

DR2.0 is my biggest love/hate relationship right now. Last night, I wanted to do the weekly challenge with up to 2000cc cars in Germany before I missed it. I check my cars, and all of my cars are actually in pristine condition, no damage at all. Load up the first stage and lo and behold, my car magically has bodywork damage even before I start. 😐 okay, no biggie. The tires icon is lit up, showing that rain is the next stage, so I go with the wet tires and begin.

Going through the stages, I have 2 of the 8 stages listed as daytime stages. Can we get more true daytime stages, please? The issue, though, is that there are some truly beautiful scenery in the sky when it’s cloudy and dusk or the sun is starting to go down. I caught myself looking over in the car at the clouds with the hot air balloon in the distance. Shortly thereafter, a deer runs across the stage. YES, please. Those kinds of details are awesome.

What’s not awesome is the audio bug with Phil telling me “Finish, to stop” like 3 times in 2 seconds. Also, some of the calls are so questionable. There’s a 4 right in Germany that “titans” and almost every time, I fly off the stage, skid through the grass, and into one of the stones lining the stage. Other times, there’s a “2” corner that is hardly a kink worth slowing down for. The inconsistency between calls drives me nuts sometimes. Not as bad as Dirt 4s almost always late calls, but I don’t have the faith in Phil I did with Paul in DR1. And then, I couldn’t tune my car at services for whatever reason during the 8 stages, so the long gear ratios and understeer was something I battled throughout. There’s so many steps forward with this game from previous titles that it’s frustrating when the steps backward are such a stutter. Each big step forward seems to be accompanied by a tumble backwards a few steps. 

On another note, the Group B RX cars seem to be enjoyable. I found them in the “items to install” in my Xbox and then was able to do the daily challenge. The car felt good in the 5 minutes I did with it. 

Edited by tharding67
Wrong tighten was used, corrected above
  • Agree 3

@tharding67 you sure you corrected your tighten? I still see it as titan. the titans are mythical the giant monsters. I like them but they're not in DR 2.0 yet.

in addition to it being like a 3 instead of a 4, you (and I) also fly off the corner because it's off-camber and down a hill, I think

58 minutes ago, ianism said:

@tharding67 you sure you corrected your tighten? I still see it as titan. the titans are mythical the giant monsters. I like them but they're not in DR 2.0 yet.

in addition to it being like a 3 instead of a 4, you (and I) also fly off the corner because it's off-camber and down a hill, I think

I was poking fun at another topic on this forum, where the person mentions they weren’t sure why the game says “to titans” in the stage. I think they were new to the series so an honest mistake, but nonetheless, gave me quite a chuckle. 

I think, for me, the struggle I have with that corner is I remember it from DR1, and I don’t remember having as much trouble with it. I do think the off-camber, downhill aspect of it is a big part of why I’m struggling. I do feel pretty accomplished when I get the line right, but it’s a struggle at the moment. 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

@tharding67 I'm wondering how a world-class co-driver (Phil) and quick professional driver (Jon) would make mistakes in such a way. When you hear 3 right, what does that mean for you?Do you think it's the gear you should be in or that number refers to the angle of the corner? 

It’s not so much that, as I think there is inconsistency in the calls. In NZ, and as noted, in Germany, there are a couple of corners listed as “2s” that you hardly have to slow down for. Then, there will be corners marked as “4s” or even higher that you end up flying off the stage. I think the number can very closely correlate to the gear you’re in, but personally, I am struggling to feel as confident with Phil’s calls as I did with the ones in DR1. Both have pros and cons, of course. 

18 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

New here, not to the simracing genre at all though.

Has any reason been given as to why the console versions of the game don't have a GT Sport/Forza style livery editor?

wellcome to forum :)

Before release of the game there was mention of Livery editor, somewhere, i think it was the Driver Armstrong, as posible, but not from start..

but , if it will happen, don't know (with plain white and black liveries last month update, the chances are slimer, thats my opinion, hope i am wrong)

Edited by dani211212

2 hours ago, mwoodski said:

Has any reason been given as to why the console versions of the game don't have a GT Sport/Forza style livery editor?

I absolutely love the GTS editor. It is truly amazing. But that is a huge task accompanied by a massive investment and development. I doubt we will see anything like that in a rally game anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, tharding67 said:

It’s not so much that, as I think there is inconsistency in the calls. In NZ, and as noted, in Germany, there are a couple of corners listed as “2s” that you hardly have to slow down for. Then, there will be corners marked as “4s” or even higher that you end up flying off the stage. I think the number can very closely correlate to the gear you’re in, but personally, I am struggling to feel as confident with Phil’s calls as I did with the ones in DR1. Both have pros and cons, of course. 

I haven't had that many issues yet with the calls to be honest eventhough I end the stages with top times, especially in Germany and Monte Carlo. If the conditions worsen, you can't trust the fact that the number refers to the gear. Also depends on how you approach the corner. You know, if you follow the ideal line or not.

The team working on Dirt Rally titles is a fraction of the size of the teams working on GT Sport / Forza.

Adding to that is the fact that a console version of a racing title doesn't garantee the livery editor. It depends on the devs. 

It would be illogical to create a livery editor exclusively for console versions. Personally, I find this a really strange question. 😛 

10 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

The team working on Dirt Rally titles is a fraction of the size of the teams working on GT Sport / Forza.

Adding to that is the fact that a console version of a racing title doesn't garantee the livery editor. It depends on the devs. 

It would be illogical to create a livery editor exclusively for console versions. Personally, I find this a really strange question. 😛 

I mean people can and have clearly extracted the templates for the cars on the PC version and are able to mod in schemes so..

Because no version does.

11 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

I mean people can and have clearly extracted the templates for the cars on the PC version and are able to mod in schemes so..

That's more of an unofficial mod than a feature. The best they could do is allow you to replace skins on consoles, but you need to have a file browser for that. If it works the same way as all the previous DiRT games it's not a new skin, it's just a complete replacement of what's already there and the in-game preview doesn't match up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

That's the modders themselves that do that and not the devs. We would love to do the same thing for PS or Xbox but the consoles from Sony and Microsoft prevent you to add skins unless you have a file browser for it. If you want other modder's of my liveries in DR 2.0, you should direct your wish to those companies. 😉 

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

Unpacking a file and opening it in Blender or Photoshop to edit is not the same thing as designing a full editing suite within software that can work on any system... Would love to see more editing be available for liveries, but you also have to remember some of the current cars only exist in this game because there is licensing agreements for exactly which liveries are allowed to be used with it

33 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Unpacking a file and opening it in Blender or Photoshop to edit is not the same thing as designing a full editing suite within software that can work on any system... Would love to see more editing be available for liveries, but you also have to remember some of the current cars only exist in this game because there is licensing agreements for exactly which liveries are allowed to be used with it

I don't think that is the case for DR2.0. If I'm not mistaken, it's possible to mod the liveries for each car in the base game. The only ones we can't seem to mod are the cars that were added via DLC and licensing is not the reason why they have been encrypted. The Manta, C4 and Ford Focus Mk.II were always moddable in previous titles. Furthermore, each of the cars added via DLC is from a brand that has a car in the base game which is moddable, except the Porsche RGT.

8 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

it's possible to mod the liveries for each car in the base game

Been a few months since I last checked the files but if I am remembering correctly things like the Quattro were encrypted and locked down because the only reason Codies could use it was if the agreed no other livery would be used with the iconic white/yellow version.

But my point was more that: it is way easier to unpack a file, use some other widely available editing software to modify the file, and then replace it back into the game than it is to design a full custom editor within the game itself. One just requires Codies to make sure certain files are unlocked, the other requires Codies to develop an entire sub-suite of software to be added to the game. Not really and apples to apples comparison/complaint.

If Sony and Microsoft let you run Photoshop on the consoles, included a file browser to search through install files, and also included tools to pack/unpack files you could totally do it on console too. But consoles don't let you do any of that - so if you want editable liveries on console that means Codies needs to go write all of the software to do everything in game.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Been a few months since I last checked the files but if I am remembering correctly things like the Quattro were encrypted and locked down because the only reason Codies could use it was if the agreed no other livery would be used with the iconic white/yellow version.

But my point was more that: it is way easier to unpack a file, use some other widely available editing software to modify the file, and then replace it back into the game than it is to design a full custom editor within the game itself. One just requires Codies to make sure certain files are unlocked, the other requires Codies to develop an entire sub-suite of software to be added to the game. Not really and apples to apples comparison/complaint.

I know but I just wanted to address that little element in your post. I just checked if I could extract the files for the Quattro and I actually can. It was indeed encrypted in DR but it's no longer the case in DR 2.0. 😉

• Agree 1

Just now, Mike Dee said:

Oh now that is interesting. might have to go update some of my Photoshop plugins then for this weekend then...

Haha go do that. 😉 

All the cars added as DLC can't be extracted by using the NEFS-programme. An error pops up when I try. However that doesn't happen when I tried to extract the Quattro files. In other words, you can mod that car. The only problem is that there's no 'wire'-layer for it so it won't be easy. 😛 

• Like 1

Can anyone help me? Referring to my post here https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38442-reset-progress-doesnt-reset-credits-or-cars/ I was wondering if any of you know anything official about the "Reset Progress" function not clearing cars and credits being a bug or not. Guy in there says it isn't a bug but I haven't seen any official feedback anywhere on it, and I've searched Reddit & Steam.

I want my save wiped so I can start from scratch but it didn't clear my cars or credits. I tried to work around it by deleting the save folder like someone on Steam suggested but the whole thing is a mess now.

I'm at my wits end. I love this game, only had it 2 weeks and just bought DLC for it, but it's completely borked now.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by s00zster
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

Haha go do that. 😉 

All the cars added as DLC can't be extracted by using the NEFS-programme. An error pops up when I try. However that doesn't happen when I tried to extract the Quattro files. In other words, you can mod that car. The only problem is that there's no 'wire'-layer for it so it won't be easy. 😛 

I just wanna Real Gold-ify an S1 Supercar hahahah.  To go with all my other simracing cars.

1 hour ago, s00zster said:

Can anyone help me? Referring to my post here https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38442-reset-progress-doesnt-reset-credits-or-cars/ I was wondering if any of you know anything official about the "Reset Progress" function not clearing cars and credits being a bug or not. Guy in there says it isn't a bug but I haven't seen any official feedback anywhere on it, and I've searched Reddit & Steam.

I want my save wiped so I can start from scratch but it didn't clear my cars or credits. I tried to work around it by deleting the save folder like someone on Steam suggested but the whole thing is a mess now.

I'm at my wits end. I love this game, only had it 2 weeks and just bought DLC for it, but it's completely borked now.

I think it's by design, but who knows they might change this in the future. I'd like to see it too. @PJTierney

If your game is screwed because of all the fiddling just use Steam's 'verify integrity of game files' function.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:31 AM, JesseDeya said:

A lot of stuff

@JesseDeya  I warned you that you were breaking rules, showed you the rule you were breaking, asked you to stop but you decided to try and play semantics. So I put you on a weeks posting restriction in the hopes that you would learn, something you clearly haven't. Disagreeing with people is allowed, arguing with them across multiple threads is not. Stop doing it or I will be forced to ban you, something I actually don't want to do (but suspect that you do).

As for why @Rallystu2 banned you from the discord, I have no idea. That's down to RallyStu2, who moderates the discord site, his site - his rules. It has nothing to do with this forum and we have never communicated with each other over any thing, not even you. I'm not even a member of the discord page. But I would suggest that the fact that you have had trouble on both forums says more about your posting style than the people moderating those forums.

I've been away from the site for over a week and have reurned to find loads of reports from multiple members about you, again. I am now going to clean the thread/forum and I am officially warning you that if it happens again I will ban you permanently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, s00zster said:

Yes it seems to be  problematic. Maybe disconnecting your account from Racenet would help reset everything? There is an option in the game to do this (PS4). Or just start a new profile?

On another note, I don't like the new livery, cars look like hot wheel toys and not rally cars..

The dirt is beautiful though. Please let the dirt stay on our cars between stages! I want my cars to look like this all the time! Am I crazy?

326528379_DiRTRally2_0_20190528223518.thumb.jpg.d36e7cdececef21f351cb7f652affb55.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, danielofifi said:

Yes it seems to be  problematic. Maybe disconnecting your account from Racenet would help reset everything? There is an option in the game to do this (PS4). Or just start a new profile?

On another note, I don't like the new livery, cars look like hot wheel toys and not rally cars..

The dirt is beautiful though. Please let the dirt stay on our cars between stages! I want my cars to look like this all the time! Am I crazy?

326528379_DiRTRally2_0_20190528223518.thumb.jpg.d36e7cdececef21f351cb7f652affb55.jpg

Same.  I get mildly annoyed that when I run an RX event my car is "clean" for every heat while the AI cars just get dirtier and dirtier.

• Agree 2

• The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was featured and unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned