Jump to content Jump to content

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

I appologise if this has already been posted here but I found it really interesting to see the work that goes into providing the first class sound effects we enjoy in Dirt Rally and in Dirt 4. Will all the cars in Dirt 4 have real life recordings @KickUp ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2XNhJCS0U

We get as many as we can. Some cars are very hard to source but we aim to get the real deal whenever it is possible.

Thanks @KickUp, you guys are clearly working hard to make everything as authentic as possible, much appreciated  :)

Is there a list of the cars in Dirt Rally that have been recorded?

Azoresst said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dHG676xGAI&feature=youtu.be&a                                                                                                                      

There's a short gameplay at the start of the video and he wrote "Lots of DiRT 4 footage coming"!

So Happy to se Opel  Ascona 400 in Dirt 4 :)

@kickup watching the Michigan stage that is made, it looks REALLY good from what I could tell.  

My only question is who picked the stage(location?) names?  As far as I can tell they are not in the area of Michigan where any of the traditional rally has taken place in 'upstate' Houghton area.  

- Its not important, but hey if someone can ask about helicopters, I can ask this :lol: 

Oh yeah, just wanted to add how clean everything looks, no filters and bloom.  Dirtfish looks real.  

Hard to tell from that but I'm going to guess it's arcade hadling mode by the way the car turns and brakes. You can get an idea how the your stage works

Wich video are you talking? In the one with the 208 the guy says thats arcade handling with no traction control

Ah, well that would be because I watched it with the sound off, so now I look like an idiot!
I know this is just nitpicking but I really hoped the cockpit of the 208 R5 would've looked like this with a Magneti Marelli MPDU data display in the middle and a gear display behind the steering wheel...

I just can't stand the look of that data display in DiRT 4 (as seen in the 208 RX in DiRT Rally) with that fake Motec look :neutral:

I thought the interiors were modelled after the cars they got access to?  If not, then anything "off" is down to licensing again.

That's what I thought too but I've have never seen a display like that in a 208 R5. It's just a minor detail but I was so happy when I saw that the Fiesta R5 and Impreza NR4 had correct interiors so it would be nice to know the reason for the interior of the 208 R5. @KickUp ? :blush:
Alright, couple of things i hope people find interesting whilst we await imminent new info from Codies :)

Those who watched the videos on the previous page will have noticed the CrossKarts racing at the end, basically a 600ccc supersports engine (bike) shoved in a Kart - translation, nuts.
Here's Aleksander Wiik racing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdyx7T5iTJY

The Crosskart is one of the other vehicles Codemasters were able to record last year, as you can imagine, and, for the same reason as the 306 Maxi, they needed a recording to get this to sound right, super high revving ~14k RPM.

Here's someone in Germany who made a pseudo "replica" Audio S1, i call it pseudo and put it in quotes because, well you'll see.

https://youtu.be/ZarOi9Im3-o

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

I appologise if this has already been posted here but I found it really interesting to see the work that goes into providing the first class sound effects we enjoy in Dirt Rally and in Dirt 4. Will all the cars in Dirt 4 have real life recordings @KickUp ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2XNhJCS0U

We get as many as we can. Some cars are very hard to source but we aim to get the real deal whenever it is possible.

Thanks @KickUp, you guys are clearly working hard to make everything as authentic as possible, much appreciated  :)

Is there a list of the cars in Dirt Rally that have been recorded?

Yes, I'm sure the manager of the audio department has one  ;)

gfRally said:

@kickup watching the Michigan stage that is made, it looks REALLY good from what I could tell.  

My only question is who picked the stage(location?) names?  As far as I can tell they are not in the area of Michigan where any of the traditional rally has taken place in 'upstate' Houghton area.  

- Its not important, but hey if someone can ask about helicopters, I can ask this :lol: 

Oh yeah, just wanted to add how clean everything looks, no filters and bloom.  Dirtfish looks real.  

The names get generated from a pool. 

Will Dirt 4 have a motion blur strength setting?
In Dirt Rally it is a bit strong, but I'd like to not complete deactivate it, because youtube would get compression problems then.
But I'd like to have it toned down to half or quarter the strength.

Related to cockpit camera - Maybe I get more used to it, if I would have a VR device with headtracking - but without it is too much vision loss to me, especially for me its much more immersion to see more from the road surface and landscape, than seeing 75% of the screen = car interior. Is it maybe possible to edit some file somehow, so that I can see weather effects happening on bumper camera? That would be nice.

No variable strength on the motion blur, sorry.

I just tested bumper cam in the rain and you get the same rain effect no matter which exterior camera you use (in Dirt 4). I'll see what I can do about the water splashes...