Jump to content Jump to content

dwkGravey said:

Livery editor looks really great, Jen Horsey's name on the car, spare tires!

How did the tuning menus look to those that spend a lot of time tuning their cars?

I looked at the tuning menus closely and they are a big improvement imo. Organised way better with the tabs at the top plus its broken up much better than Dirt Rally, for intance, all suspension is on the one page (front and rear) instead of having to switch back and forth you simply have every thing in front of you which makes it easier and much quicker to do setups! Plus having the proper values for each item helps too.

Also the diagrams for each part are way better and easier to understand at a glance, especially things like camber and tow and I love how it shows the bottom of the car and highlights the different differentials when you switch between them. Reminds me of the cars damage model display back in good old Colin McRae Rally 2.0 :)

A definite step forward for this part of the game, anyone who's ever spent time doing settups in Dirt Rally is really going to appreciate all this. Cheers Codies! :smiley:

I cannot wait for June, Wales in the sun looks so good, and the Welsh stages are even better than I remember them being!

Totally agree, really looking forward to having near infinite Wales stages to play :) That long grass is so beautiful and the direct sunlight makes everything look rich with colour! So much so, that Julie Andrews twirling on a nearby hill would not look out of place  :D

versedi said:

More new direct feed gameplay footage from Hollie.

More bang bang and that beasty aggresive engine sound confirmed. I can hear the gear change also got some love. Great job @soundfx

There is a lot of mix stuff and other work done by Dave, but the car/recording has to have the pops, bangs etc there in the first place.  The new R5 recording is excellent :)
er185 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kil1CuEqKkg

*Body is 40 characters very very short..

Livery editor at 1:25 looks amazing! There are multiple team patterns and several colour elements per design and a full spectrum colour picker for endless colour combos, plus sliders for saturation and lightness for each colour! Add to that multiple different textures for each colour element eg. satin, metalic, carbon etc and the different sponsor logo choices, personal number and driver name and wow, what a cool adition this will be to the game :smiley:

Also, the way its presented in the work area that you can rotate around is very slick and attractive. I was wishing for something like that to inspect the cars properly in Dirt Rally, now we have that and a way to edit liveries on top!

ANOTHER TRIUMPH!

Rygar86 said:

dwkGravey said:

Livery editor looks really great, Jen Horsey's name on the car, spare tires!

How did the tuning menus look to those that spend a lot of time tuning their cars?

I looked at the tuning menus closely and they are a big improvement imo. Organised way better with the tabs at the top plus its broken up much better than Dirt Rally, for intance, all suspension is on the one page (front and rear) instead of having to switch back and forth you simply have every thing in front of you which makes it easier and much quicker to do setups! Plus having the proper values for each item helps too.

Also the diagrams for each part are way better and easier to understand at a glance, especially things like camber and tow and I love how it shows the bottom of the car and highlights the different differentials when you switch between them.

A definite step forward for this part of the game, anyone who's ever spent time doing settups in Dirt Rally is really going to appreciate all this. Cheers Codies! :smiley:

Totally agree everything looks to be a step up from DR

BTW thanks to all of you guys posting the videos & interviews makes great collection of info here.

Rygar86 said:

Livery editor at 1:25 looks amazing! There are multiple team patterns and several colour elements per design and a full spectrum colour picker for endless colour combos, plus sliders for saturation and lightness for each colour! Add to that multiple different textures for each colour element eg. satin, metalic, carbon etc and the different sponsor logo choices, personal number and driver name and wow what a cool adition this will be to the game :smiley:
Dirt Rally + GRID = Dirt 4, and it's looking better than I could have hoped.
Everything looks really slick and well made Codies! Sounds seem amazing, the physics seem there, the amounts of cars, the Your Stage tech seems really awesome, the details, the features, the graphics, the menu's. Everything seems pretty much perfect. I even enjoyed that TheSlapTrain video even though he annoys me.
Also the training ground looks absolutely great! Thats a way bigger deal to me than I thought at first. I can't wait to test out my vehicles there, in that comfy open space with its backroads and stuff.
Glad you like what you are seeing peeps.
There is still plenty more polish to be done to get it ready for release. Also these were taken from a PS4 so those on PC will see further improvements. Those asking for XB1 capture it shouldn't look a million miles from this footage. 
versedi said:
Rygar86 said:

More new direct feed gameplay footage from Hollie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiEaOOdtG8

I was gonna ask this question today, but then this video answered it for me. MANUAL STOPPING! :smiley: Check it out at 4:17

It was already confirmed 126 pages ago :P

I picked up on the conversation quite a bit later. Anyway it was a really nice surprise to see it shown in a video, especially when I wasnt expecting it!

Btw, does anyone know if someone has compiled a list of known facts and features/ questions answered about Dirt 4?

KickUp said:
Glad you like what you are seeing peeps. 
There is still plenty more polish to be done to get it ready for release. Also these were taken from a PS4 so those on PC will see further improvements. Those asking for XB1 capture it shouldn't look a million miles from this footage. 
It's great to see some proper footage of the DirtFish compound. I'm so  :heart:ing glad to finally have a proper open area where we can test our cars as well have some fun. Basically what I've wanted since WRC Rally Evolved but bigger and simply better. We apparently didn't see the entirety of it either...? 

chukonu said:

Everything looks really slick and well made Codies! Sounds seem amazing, the physics seem there, the amounts of cars, the Your Stage tech seems really awesome, the details, the features, the graphics, the menu's. Everything seems pretty much perfect. I even enjoyed that TheSlapTrain video even though he annoys me.
Also the training ground looks absolutely great! Thats a way bigger deal to me than I thought at first. I can't wait to test out my vehicles there, in that comfy open space with its backroads and stuff.

I know what you mean and its looking very nice indeed and like you I think the Dirt Academy is more appealing to me than I anticipated. It actually looks like fun, with all the challenges and stuff, not just a testing ground for setups. That being said, I really like the comment Im pretty sure I heard @KickUp say, about being able to access the setup menu directly from the training ground (I assume just by pausing) to give instant changes in testing! I know Dirt Rally had shakedowns which were really handy, but this is even better not having to go back to another part of the game to change a components configuration.  :)

Also did I hear someone say that you can make your own challenges @kickup ? Or was I dreaming? It would be so good if we could place cones and those destructable yellow blocks around the place to set challenges for ourselves and others!

I didn't really want to bring this up as it should be obvious to everyone (bar one) but here's what you will, or most likely will not see via the bumper cam so far as water splashes go.

Well, that was a shot in the foot from you, you can see at the 1:22 in the video that there is indeed a small splash going on the front bumper. Now he'll never get off the devs back until they implement it xD :D

inb4 1/10 - No water splashes on front bumper IGN
Told you guys it was awesome in January, you just didn't listen to me! Haha, just kidding, but even though I have already seen most of the game, I'm mega excited to play it from watching these videos. I loved grid, and as has already been said, this is basically grid + dirt rally