Jump to content Jump to content

dgeesi0 said:

some stuff i like the look of some i wonder will it be a bit too easy like Dirt 3. one thing i have noticed is the americanism of stuff creeping in.is that a good thing not sure.

there is some great things im seeing not a fan of slap tbh. third person with a wheel.bites fist :#

its media so i get it. is his audience going to buy into dirt games though ? arent they all hey yall lets drift ? does worry me at whats trying to be achieved by using him. many hated ken block being added.dont use him but now use someone who kinda speaks in the same annoying way.

kinda weird.just being honest.

Slaptrain has always been a fan of DiRT. He's not a pure Rally fan but not everyone has to be to like the game. I don't get chase cam with a wheel but I've seen a lot of good drivers able to go fast while using it. He was also showing off the car rather than using it to set times. 

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

MaXyMsrpl said:

I haven't seen it mentioned already. What max length of stage we would get in D4?

I have seen @KickUp say about 13km but I just watched an interview video with a Code Masters member in which he states 10 miles, which is about 16km. For me that would kind of make sense since I seem to recall that the long stages on Finland (the longest ones in Dirt Rally) were about this length. Which I never quite understood because this was supposed to be over the limit of Dirt Rallys capability, but apparently, somehow they got around this for thise stages.

So Im not really sure anymore,  can you clarify if the stages can be as long as those Finland stages @KickUp , or is it more like only 13km?

Did he not say 10minutes? Either way I'd say 10miles might be possible but I'm not promising it so I'm sticking to what I said before. 

I double checked and he said 9-10 miles and about 10 minutes, I hope he is right but I understand why you cant definitivley say atm. Thanks for explaining.
dgeesi0 said:

dwkGravey said:

dgeesi0 said:

some stuff i like the look of some i wonder will it be a bit too easy like Dirt 3. one thing i have noticed is the americanism of stuff creeping in.is that a good thing not sure.

there is some great things im seeing not a fan of slap tbh. third person with a wheel.bites fist :#

its media so i get it. is his audience going to buy into dirt games though ? arent they all hey yall lets drift ? does worry me at whats trying to be achieved by using him. many hated ken block being added.dont use him but now use someone who kinda speaks in the same annoying way.

One particular YouTuber gets invited to a PlayStation press event, and suddenly Dirt 4 is getting all American again? :unamused:

Anyway, Slap is Canadian. :smirk: 

was gunna write a whole page of explaining why but if you cant see it then it doesnt matter.

smirk all you want he is annoying ken block annoying who drives in third person with a wheel.Dirt 2 many hated the americanism of it with all the stupid sayings so i know lets add a guy doing the features who does the very same as ken did. all because he has a big fan base.its media i get it.

doesnt mean i have to agree with it.

the game looks great he is not.

Hey, easy tiger! I play chase cam with a wheel :p (braces for iminent backlash :#)

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

Slaptrain has always been a fan of DiRT. He's not a pure Rally fan but not everyone has to be to like the game. I don't get chase cam with a wheel but I've seen a lot of good drivers able to go fast while using it. He was also showing off the car rather than using it to set times. 

I use to find slaptrain a bit annoying as well at first, but the more I watched him, the more I started to like him. He's a humble guy, always giving shoutouts to smaller channels. Although he does appeal more to a casual crowd, his videos can be quite entertaining and good quality. 

urgaffel said:

JZStudios said:

er185 said:

*Body is 40 characters very very short..

Yo, @urgaffel what gives? There's no helicopters throwing buckets of water on the camera? And what's with the wimpy amount of smoke? We burning candles under the tires or burning rubber?
Hopefully you've got an .ini file somewhere that some of those crazy kids will hackerize their way into and give it a big smoke multiplier like for the previous games. >:)

*flags as abusive*

To be fair, it looks better now :P That was an earlier build.

To be fairer than fair, it looks great. Just... not enough.
httpssyimgcomuuapires120nZlxt7954nQokY3cjGwoQ--aD0zOTM7dz03MDA7c209MTthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--httpmediazenfscomen-USblogstv-news06437933-782b-4fb0-9a73-8fb6c50c3ee5_f_faec872c89jpg
The smoke and rocks being kicked up looks great. I just got a little let down by the lack of DR amounts of plume.
But I'll believe you made it better.
What's the deal with stacked quotes having tons of line breaks in them? It's been happening a lot recently.

On-topic: I'm really happy to finally see on-screen footage! I'm liking the looks of the livery editor, I was worried it would be a bit limited with preset patterns but it looks like you can play around with the colors and finishes quite a lot, so that makes me feel better.

The DirtFish area is way bigger than I expected! Now I want to replicate the Roadkill episode where they rip around DirtFish in the General Mayhem. '68 Charger DLC pls!  :p
ARG this looks frikin epic....! Great job codies.

This feels like the longest/cruelest pre-launch I've experienced since.... since..... pretty much since Half-Life 2. That's a huge call - but I just loved DR so much, and you've done such a great job listening and communicating with us - that I'm just absolutely pumping for this.

The cruelest part of all - I'll be on a work trip during June - so I'll only be able to play it two weeks after launch.

TWO. 
WEEKS.
AFTER.
LAUNCH.

JZStudios said:

urgaffel said:

JZStudios said:

er185 said:

Yo, @urgaffel what gives? There's no helicopters throwing buckets of water on the camera? And what's with the wimpy amount of smoke? We burning candles under the tires or burning rubber?
Hopefully you've got an .ini file somewhere that some of those crazy kids will hackerize their way into and give it a big smoke multiplier like for the previous games. >:)

*flags as abusive*

httpssyimgcomuuapires120nZlxt7954nQokY3cjGwoQ--aD0zOTM7dz03MDA7c209MTthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--httpmediazenfscomen-USblogstv-news06437933-782b-4fb0-9a73-8fb6c50c3ee5_f_faec872c89jpg
The smoke and rocks being kicked up looks great. I just got a little let down by the lack of DR amounts of plume.

You haven't seen the replays yet...

More new direct feed gameplay footage from Hollie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiEaOOdtG8

A bit late for it, but have you guys noticed the AI in rallycross? As the video shows, to me it seems way far from the "passiveness" of Dirt Rally, the way the AI cars overtake each other, do little errors and try to be aggressive really bring the feel you are actually driving in the real Wrx championship. Kudos to codemasters on that.
Oh yeah, and the sound of the cars and sunny  Wales <3
I requested the live-setup during Dirtfish at the playtest in November, so happy that its made it in! The setup screen looks so much better now than in DR and the livery creator is brilliant, fantastic job guys and girls.

I agree about Slaptrain, I used to think he was loud and obnoxious but watching him more, he is a very humble and genuine guy who just likes to have fun. I don't watch him loads but every now and then one of his videos pops up.
After Watching countless times videos of Dirt 4 Gameplay. first i notice Mystery disappearing from locations menu and second There are more of empty slots for car livery. 
  @kickup May i ask, are we abel to make more then one livery for one specific Car? or have always to redone our existing livery from Team Branding?
@KickU @ChristinaMc You have mentioned once on Twitter that a photomode for Dirt4 was on the list but nothing was sure. Is there anything new you can share on the photomode of Dirt4?

Are there any DLC plans be considered for Dirt4 and what new cars can we expect in the base package of Dirt4 which haven't been seen in any Dirt game before? 

Hmm on a side note: I did see your team was able to get the new DS3 WRX licensed which is a great addition. Any plans to add a more classic rally car like the Citroën DS to the lineup as well?

urgaffel said:

JZStudios said:

urgaffel said:

JZStudios said:

er185 said:

*flags as abusive*

You haven't seen the replays yet...

As long as the replay cameras are good!  You guys put so much effort into the details and sounds, without good replay cameras (and variety) we can miss them.

AnegloPlz said:

A bit late for it, but have you guys noticed the AI in rallycross? As the video shows, to me it seems way far from the "passiveness" of Dirt Rally, the way the AI cars overtake each other, do little errors and try to be aggressive really bring the feel you are actually driving in the real Wrx championship. Kudos to codemasters on that.

Yep, I thought I noticed something about the AI as well. Let's hope the switchback-kind-of-move Cyber-Kristofferson pulled on lap 2 wasn't just a happy accident. And in turn the AI being more "racey".
The rallycross AI has been somewhat bothering me in D3 and D:R, as it seemed to stamp on the brakes as soon as they came close to your rear bumper, so they weren't much of a threat once you got past them - unless you made a mistake of course.

On a completely different note @kickup, IIRC the soundtrack of DiRT 4 contains licensed music again (like D2 and D3), right? In which "parts" of the game will we be able to listen to it? (like only during Replays, or does it play in the service area as well - or even in the main menu, too?)
I hope this hasn't been asked too many times before - apologies if it has.

AnegloPlz said:

More new direct feed gameplay footage from Hollie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiEaOOdtG8

My only critique with the rallycross - and this is so minor that it is barely worth mentioning - is that all the cars pull up to the grid together, which isn't how it happens it real life. 

I wouldn't expect to see each car warm its tyres and pull up to the line (as I'm sure players would get bored of that), but perhaps showing all the cars in place and then the last car lining would would be a good compromise...

...having said that, I doubt the vast majority of players will care about such a trivial detail!

I agree about Slaptrain, I used to think he was loud and obnoxious but watching him more, he is a very humble and genuine guy who just likes to have fun.

The main reason why I don't watch him is because he's one of the "LET'S SHOUT ABOUT EVERYTHING IN THE MOST ANNOYING AND OVERHYPED WAY POSSIBLE!!!" YouTuber's out there. For me to watch him for more than 5 seconds, I need to throw something through the window. So watching him is an expensive thing for me xD