Jump to content Jump to content

KickUp said:

Alf72 said:

@KickUp  DiRT 4 will have proper triple-screen support?

Nothing special is planned. Usually we have GFX companies that help us implement new tech but no deals have been struck so if it happens it will need to come later. 

Didn't Nvidia recenterly come out with a new triple screen thing along with Ansel and it's fancy sound reverb thing?
I guess my monitors are at a pretty mild angle so it doesn't really bother me, but still a bit disappointing.
JZStudios said:

KickUp said:

Alf72 said:

@KickUp  DiRT 4 will have proper triple-screen support?

Nothing special is planned. Usually we have GFX companies that help us implement new tech but no deals have been struck so if it happens it will need to come later. 

Didn't Nvidia recenterly come out with a new triple screen thing along with Ansel and it's fancy sound reverb thing?
I guess my monitors are at a pretty mild angle so it doesn't really bother me, but still a bit disappointing.

Yep the gtx1070 and gtx1080 (maybe 1060 too?)  have this new tech, its called Simultanious Multi-Projection (or SMP). The way I understood it is that these new gpus render each screen separately and helps with distortion and it also runs about 20% faster. But the game has to support it, good news is that its apparently not that involved for developers to add it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6NbyEmPalA

tbtstt said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

when Dirt 4 is out will you start on Dirt Rally 2.0 ?

will there be a return ?

There are many possible scenarios.

DiRT 4 is still two months away from release and @KickUp is already sowing the seeds of future DiRTy Gossip! :smiley:

Read it, and... WRC 2018 or 2019? :-D Think about it, no WRC cars and no WRC stages due to "licensing issues". Can it be that they're looking to keep all those assets ready for a possible licensed WRC game? :-) One can always speculate ;-)

BadD0g said:

@KickUp SlapTrain breifly showed a bit of the sponsor offers screen. Can you describe what "Sponsor Relationship" and "Offer Quality" affect?

Sponsor Relationship =  How much a sponsor likes you based on your performances in events while under contract with them.

Sponsor Quality = How generous their payout is

Rygar86 said:

Michigan rally stage and Cross Karts in Holjes Sweden.
  • Body is 26 Michigans too short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWWzZ1kVOY

@KickUp   Watching this video of Michigan, I noticed there are a lot of  spectator pickup trucks on the side of the road.  Although we drive a lot of them here, at rally events you see a lot of spectators driving Subarus (all models, outbacks etc).  Also we use Mercedes Sprinters for Ambulances as well as Ford/Chevy vans.  Of course there are other cars to, but you will see Subarus more than not.  So my question is it a licensing thing that you can't used 2008, 1995, etc cars that you already have occasionally parked, or even have some cars.  I know you cannot, nor need to have licensed cars for scenery and many generic look-a-likes are good, some variety is nice.

Despite what the rest of the world perceives we are not all gun toting, pickup driving, beer drinking... etc.. Rally racing here, as everywhere brings people of all types out to see watch.  Not trying to be critical of something so minor, but it just irked me to see.   

dgeesi0 said:

so grid like.

also how will leadboards work for top times as with such varition or people playing my stage how will we know what are the top times ?

Not sure what you mean? Daily leaderboards will be divided through gamer and sim. Top time on top obviously?

Doing a "your stage" there will only be a leaderboard if you save and share it I guess.

dgeesi0 said:

so grid like.

also how will leadboards work for top times as with such varition or people playing my stage how will we know what are the top times ?

Leaderboards will only feature for the curated tracks used in the career and those used in Competitive events (until they expire)

We have separate leaderboards for Gamer and Sim handling.

The top time will be at the top of the leaderboard ;)

gfRally said:

Rygar86 said:

@KickUp   Watching this video of Michigan, I noticed there are a lot of  spectator pickup trucks on the side of the road.  Although we drive a lot of them here, at rally events you see a lot of spectators driving Subarus (all models, outbacks etc).  Also we use Mercedes Sprinters for Ambulances as well as Ford/Chevy vans.  Of course there are other cars to, but you will see Subarus more than not.  So my question is it a licensing thing that you can't used 2008, 1995, etc cars that you already have occasionally parked, or even have some cars.  I know you cannot, nor need to have licensed cars for scenery and many generic look-a-likes are good, some variety is nice.

Despite what the rest of the world perceives we are not all gun toting, pickup driving, beer drinking... etc.. Rally racing here, as everywhere brings people of all types out to see watch.  Not trying to be critical of something so minor, but it just irked me to see.   

We don't license our spectator cars and to avoid having very European looking ambulances and compacts we elected to do this. Apologies if it seems like we are being ignorant but it was the lesser of two evils.

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

so grid like.

Leaderboards will only feature for the curated tracks used in the career and those used in Competitive events (until they expire)

cheers for those that love going for top times its important thanks!

KickUp said:

gfRally said:

Rygar86 said:

We don't license our spectator cars and to avoid having very European looking ambulances and compacts we elected to do this. Apologies if it seems like we are being ignorant but it was the lesser of two evils.

POPCORN ARCADE!!!!

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

so grid like.

If I save a stage I like and share it with friends, will they be able to see my time so they can try to beat it?

Will we be able to see our own best times for a saved stage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UURYpj4imcM&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=l4Rlp6Z0OK_SbDZT-6                                                                                                               

Azoresst said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UURYpj4imcM&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=l4Rlp6Z0OK_SbDZT-6                                                                                                               

Was grinning throughout this imagining the story in my head, there should be a regular weekly Storytime with Nicky Grist video!

bogani said:

KickUp said:

gfRally said:

Rygar86 said:

POPCORN ARCADE!!!!

@KickUp
I really wasn't trying to sound belligerent, I am really asking that there could be a variety like there is in moden pikes peak  (non licensed cars), not the 80s all gravel one.  

@bogani
if there where pickups spread all over the Spain or Wales location, im sure the same would be questioned.

I'm going to be thrilled with whatever we get, I just felt it needed pointed out. 

so is there chance to see a variety like in Pikes Peak?

Further to my previous post, assuming that what is shown in the video is the car list for the final build, it's fantastic to see all the cars that were listed on the community day last year have made it through licensing and are now in the game. 

Based on the video, I have a few (exceptionally trivial) questions for @KickUp...

- The Group B Audi is denoted as "S1 E2" in the video:  will this be fixed to the correct "E2" for the final release, or are you going to leave it as "S1 E2" to drive all the car nerds* mad? 
- The Sierra is denoted as "RS500", but I don't believe the RS500 was ever a rally car. Is this designation intentional? 
- Can we expect to see many classic rallycross liveries for the Group B rallycross cars? 

* Yes, that is going to me.