Jump to content Jump to content

gfRally said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

gfRally said:

Rygar86 said:

Michigan rally stage and Cross Karts in Holjes Sweden.
  • Body is 26 Michigans too short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWWzZ1kVOY

@KickUp   Watching this video of Michigan, I noticed there are a lot of  spectator pickup trucks on the side of the road.  Although we drive a lot of them here, at rally events you see a lot of spectators driving Subarus (all models, outbacks etc).  Also we use Mercedes Sprinters for Ambulances as well as Ford/Chevy vans.  Of course there are other cars to, but you will see Subarus more than not.  So my question is it a licensing thing that you can't used 2008, 1995, etc cars that you already have occasionally parked, or even have some cars.  I know you cannot, nor need to have licensed cars for scenery and many generic look-a-likes are good, some variety is nice.

Despite what the rest of the world perceives we are not all gun toting, pickup driving, beer drinking... etc.. Rally racing here, as everywhere brings people of all types out to see watch.  Not trying to be critical of something so minor, but it just irked me to see.   

We don't license our spectator cars and to avoid having very European looking ambulances and compacts we elected to do this. Apologies if it seems like we are being ignorant but it was the lesser of two evils.

POPCORN ARCADE!!!!

@KickUp
I really wasn't trying to sound belligerent, I am really asking that there could be a variety like there is in moden pikes peak  (non licensed cars), not the 80s all gravel one.  

@bogani
if there where pickups spread all over the Spain or Wales location, im sure the same would be questioned.

I'm going to be thrilled with whatever we get, I just felt it needed pointed out. 

so is there chance to see a variety like in Pikes Peak?

I was just messing around ;)

On the Grist video, as someone mentioned on U2B, I felt like a child listening to my grandfathers cosy stories. Lovely :)
tbtstt said:

- The Group B Audi is denoted as "S1 E2" in the video:  will this be fixed to the correct "E2" for the final release, or are you going to leave it as "S1 E2" to drive all the car nerds* mad? 
- The Sierra is denoted as "RS500", but I don't believe the RS500 was ever a rally car. Is this designation intentional?

I'm 99.99% sure those things are licensing related.

*And yes, that is also going to drive me mad.

tbtstt said:

Further to my previous post, assuming that what is shown in the video is the car list for the final build, it's fantastic to see all the cars that were listed on the community day last year have made it through licensing and are now in the game. 

Based on the video, I have a few (exceptionally trivial) questions for @KickUp...

- The Group B Audi is denoted as "S1 E2" in the video:  will this be fixed to the correct "E2" for the final release, or are you going to leave it as "S1 E2" to drive all the car nerds* mad? 
- The Sierra is denoted as "RS500", but I don't believe the RS500 was ever a rally car. Is this designation intentional? 
- Can we expect to see many classic rallycross liveries for the Group B rallycross cars? 

* Yes, that is going to me. 

The naming is what the manufacturers have told us to use. 

There will be one classic livery per car. 
I've noted something on the setup screen. The toe setting uses in and out beside the actual slider but in the description negative and positive. I'm not saying it's factually wrong, but it's more confusing than it needs to be. 
Imo the description should use in and out rather than negative and positive.

Just a thought @KickUp :)
KickUp said:

So manufacturers don't even know how their own cars are called. Good to know xD

PS. I don't mean no disrespect, but I'd like the person that messed up the forums formatting to meet with a certain shovel. It's driving my OCD crazy xD
I can believe I'm about to say this... but me thinks we need more french cars in the game xD

Keep company to the 205 and the Focus WRC'07 would be nice... and another Maxi to challenge the the 306. And a 208 R2..! 

But I'm happy with what I got!

@KickUp, what's the situation with steam pre-order... I want to get me a Hyundai!!!
BTW, are you coming to Montalegre?

*And yes, that is also going to drive me mad.

At least I know it isn't just me!  :D

KickUp said:

tbtstt said:

Further to my previous post, assuming that what is shown in the video is the car list for the final build, it's fantastic to see all the cars that were listed on the community day last year have made it through licensing and are now in the game. 

Based on the video, I have a few (exceptionally trivial) questions for @KickUp...

- Can we expect to see many classic rallycross liveries for the Group B rallycross cars? 

* Yes, that is going to me. 

There will be one classic livery per car. 

Thanks for the confirmation @KickUp! Pretty interesting to read that is direct from the manufacturers, you always seem to be conscious of the fine details so I was surprised that little things like that would be allowed to slip through. Sorry again to critique on something so trivial!

I can believe I'm about to say this... but me thinks we need more french cars in the game xD

Keep company to the 205 and the Focus WRC'07 would be nice... and another Maxi to challenge the the 306. And a 208 R2..! 

@KickUp, what's the situation with steam pre-order... I want to get me a Hyundai!!!

It would be great if they added some more french machines. There are some cars that are great rally cars but haven't or almost haven't found their way into the gaming world. The Citroën DS for example or the Peugeot 504 and 505.

I wonder though why the 208 R2 didn't make it? Would be a nice pre-order here in France  <3

Anyone else wondering why the Stratos is in H3 instead of H2 with its contemporaries and rivals? I know it lasted until the early 80s on tarmac events but it seems a better match to the H2 cars IMO

I  think it actualy fits well on with 241hp and 850kg 
the other cars: from h3 Rwd  Class
                                      BMW  M3       280hp with 1025kg
                             Ascona 400 240hp    1050kg (It would better fit with "phase2 "255hp)

Anyone else wondering why the Stratos is in H3 instead of H2 with its contemporaries and rivals? I know it lasted until the early 80s on tarmac events but it seems a better match to the H2 cars IMO

Our classes are entirely based on engine size and performance now
@KickUp

I have seen the new Playstation Access video and what I found interesting was the Your Stage part that was shown off. Can you tell something about the "playfield" the generator has? For example the area where a stage can be created. Are there multiple area's for an environment like Wales or is it one big rectangular box where the track is being layed out by the generator? How does the team keep the environments exciting and varied?Can you share some insight details on how all works? 

KickUp said:

Our classes are entirely based on engine size and performance now

Based on power per weight, the Ascona should've been in H2. it has jut 228 bhp/t, which is less than any of the H2 cars (the least powerfull there is the Fiat with 230 bhp/t). 
And Stratos has 283 bhp/t. I didn't see the stats for all of the H3 cars, I think the Renault 5 Turbo might have more, but that would leave Stratos as the second most powerfull in its class

Would rather see the '06 Subaru Impreza 'Hawkeye' WRC instead of the C4 in the 2000's class.

But I'm already rather happy with the lineup, at least for the classes I'm probably driving most: Evo VI in GrpA,  WRX STI '15 in R4, i20 in R5

By the way, isn't the 2000's class TopTier then? Wern't those WRC's faster than current day R5? Or is R5 on a similar level? According to Wikipedia R5 is equal to WRC class, which I think is missing some significant facts, since it is clearly not. Anyway, it's probably really close between 2000's and R5

P308R said:

@KickUp

I have seen the new Playstation Access video and what I found interesting was the Your Stage part that was shown off. Can you tell something about the "playfield" the generator has? For example the area where a stage can be created. Are there multiple area's for an environment like Wales or is it one big rectangular box where the track is being layed out by the generator? Can you share some insight details on how all works? 

Multiple areas
@KickUp Sorry for bringing this up once again but this is the last time I'm going to try to get an answer to this :) So, is it some licensing issue or some other reason why the interior of the Peugeot 208 R5 doesn't have a Magneti Marelli data display and a gear display but instead the displays we had in the 208 RX in DiRT Rally?