Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

gfRally said:
https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/573922936509304832

Bottom right Audi images (DiRT3 Steamworks cards)... THAT CAR
@justbiglee super busy = good things to come!  

Also what do these do?  
@gfRally They're Steam Cards. you get them by playing the game. They're randomly dropped. I think if you get all the cards in a 'set' you get something (like wallpaper?) and you can also 'combine' them to make 'gems' and 'Steam Trading Cards'. Not entirely sure, though (I don't use them myself, just sometimes find them in my inventory and take a look).

When you zoom into them, you'll find they would make for decent wallpapers. Anyway, not all games use them, though.
dirt3joe said:
gfRally said:
I also keep thinking that DiRTteam hopefully will have some really great partical system for all the mud that I was slung around too.  
Things like this really make the game for me. One of the things I liked about Dirt3 was the jumps on the rally. There are a few when you accelerate towards them when you think, do I really want to be going this fast when I hit the top and you actually find yourself wanting to back off out of fear of what will happen on the other side. Reviewing the jump out of the replay is great as you fly thorugh the air.

So similar, it would be great to go though a mud bath and send mud flying all over the place. But I guess very hard to model and very computationally expensive as all that mud flies around in small bits in different directions. Probably more difficult to make realistic than rain, snow. Anyway, it's called Dirt. Let's hope they'll be lots of it.
@dirt3joe if the power of the last engine (DiRT 3 one) is any indication, I'm fairly certain a next-gen engine will be more than capable. In the event that those effects aren't used in the stock game, though, I can always try modding them in, once I've got my gpu upgrade in August. Provided they're easy enough to edit and understand, like DiRT 3's were.

If you want to see the previous engine at its absolute limit, consider trying my Insane Particles Mod, located in the Mods and Liveries Thread. (end of shameless self-advertising.)
gfRally said:
789ifyz said:
Hmmm... 
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/572471104675192832?s=09
The fiscal year starts in April, right? If that's correct, then August falls in Q2, which means that, if this is taken to mean a release before q3, there's still a chance the realease may be in August, and, therefore, a chance of DX12 support (first dx12 games release this summer).
Fiscal year starts Jan-March (q1) April-June (q2) etc... 
@gfRally ah. Well, that seems to dismiss my DX12 theories. unless May is for s/thing else and the actual release does come later in the year...

Well, in any case, if the game doesn't support DX12, do I at least get a 'Wishful Thinking' Badge?
I was about to post a completely off-topic comment asking @justbiglee something about the forums, but it's completely slipped my mind now. :neutral: 

EDIT: I remembered. Can we have some way to give multiple responses to a comment? Like if we agree, but also find it funny, then we can hit Agree and LOL and both count? Thanks.
Haha I noticed Ken Block's car in one of the WRC games had an advert for DiRT2 on it lol
Codemasters will have a similar decision to make if they have got the World Rallycross license and will be including all the cars...

...Blocks World Rallycross car has a Need For Speed decal on the front bumper (below the Go Pro decal).

If Codemasters are including licensed World Rallycross content I hope they will be able to go all out and represent the different car configurations for each marque instead of just reskinning a base car with each drivers livery (that might be a bit much of an ask though!).
Whaaaa me wants to Gossip! :P

The WorldRX segment on Top Gear was brilliant - hopefully the series will keep on raising its profile. Another good move by the promoters would be to team up with a maker of good offroad driving games...

So we are likely to have 3 rally games come out pretty soon (hopefully by the end of the year) - we've been waiting for quite a while and now they may come out in triples..

So we are likely to have 3 rally games come out pretty soon (hopefully by the end of the year) - we've been waiting for quite a while and now they may come out in triples..
3th of  May is a special day?
Haha! I would not dare to play the Lee game and plant something, which may have a double or a triple meaning! NDA is a scary document and my signature was sealed over a burger and beer... :)

Haha! I would not dare to play the Lee game and plant something, which may have a double or a triple meaning! NDA is a scary document and my signature was sealed over a burger and beer... :)
@GentleNameMVB you can neither confirm nor deny?  J/K 
gfRally said:

@GentleNameMVB you can neither confirm nor deny?  J/K 
I can confirm I did not leave any hints on dates/content/name/ANYTHING by writing: we've been waiting for quite a while and now they may come out in triples..

Is that what speculation feels like @justbiglee ? I just wanted to post something in the Gossip!
People are going to be analysing everything we say now!

1n other news, Sebastian Loeb rally is confirmed 2 be coming to pc, I know some of you can't w8 to see more!
Yep, read all about it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/355060/

Interesting they're having real life stages as week well as Pikes Peak. Always fun when there's more than one game competing!
People are going to be analysing everything we say now!

1n other news, Sebastian Loeb rally is confirmed 2 be coming to pc, I know some of you can't w8 to see more!
Yep, read all about it here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/355060/

Interesting they're having real life stages as week well as Pikes Peak. Always fun when there's more than one game competing!
Sounds like Pikes Peak may be getting s beating this year!  

I think there are possibly 3 titles that will have this included.

That's ok to me!