Jump to content Jump to content

Jepsertti said:

@KickUp Sorry for bringing this up once again but this is the last time I'm going to try to get an answer to this :) So, is it some licensing issue or some other reason why the interior of the Peugeot 208 R5 doesn't have a Magneti Marelli data display and a gear display but instead the displays we had in the 208 RX in DiRT Rally?

Licensing

KickUp said:

Jepsertti said:

@KickUp Sorry for bringing this up once again but this is the last time I'm going to try to get an answer to this :) So, is it some licensing issue or some other reason why the interior of the Peugeot 208 R5 doesn't have a Magneti Marelli data display and a gear display but instead the displays we had in the 208 RX in DiRT Rally?

Licensing

Does it go that far  :o I thought when you license a racecar you can add it with the liveries. Do I understand correctly that licensing a car and licensing a livery or sponsors require seperate negociations? If that is true I can see why it can be a real struggle sometimes.

Didzis said:

KickUp said:

Anyone else wondering why the Stratos is in H3 instead of H2 with its contemporaries and rivals? I know it lasted until the early 80s on tarmac events but it seems a better match to the H2 cars IMO

Our classes are entirely based on engine size and performance now

Based on power per weight, the Ascona should've been in H2. it has jut 228 bhp/t, which is less than any of the H2 cars (the least powerfull there is the Fiat with 230 bhp/t). 
And Stratos has 283 bhp/t. I didn't see the stats for all of the H3 cars, I think the Renault 5 Turbo might have more, but that would leave Stratos as the second most powerfull in its class

P/t isn't everything. I would suppose @KickUp  meant performance in the way, how fast this car is in the game, time-wise. Since it was produced after those in H2, more modern tech (Tires, Suspension...) might make it faster despite the power-lack.  In any case, with the new Multi-Class Events it shouldn't matter much anyway?

P308R said:

KickUp said:

Jepsertti said:

Licensing

Does it go that far  :o I thought when you license a racecar you can add it with the liveries. Do I understand correctly that licensing a car and licensing a livery or sponsors require seperate negociations? If that is true I can see why it can be a real struggle sometimes.

It goes into areas you won't believe. It is a pain "up in the ass of Timo"

Teuchter said:

I'm liking the nod to Richard Burns by adding his Peugeot 205 GTi on the far right. I doff my cap @KickUp and to the rest of the team! I'm thouroughly looking forward to June it can rain and snow for all that I care! 

Glad you appreciate it. We've managed to secure his name on the side of the Impreza 2001 too. We like to recognise our heros.

bogani said:

I've noted something on the setup screen. The toe setting uses in and out beside the actual slider but in the description negative and positive. I'm not saying it's factually wrong, but it's more confusing than it needs to be. 
Imo the description should use in and out rather than negative and positive.

Just a thought @KickUp :)

Not seen the set up screen yet but in the real life motorsport world we refer to the toe setting as in or out. Its the camber angle that is negative or positive. A typical set up for most cars would be about 1 degree toe in to compensate for the force on the leading side of the wheels  pushing the toe to zero as the car powers forward. The settings differ slightly for FWD and RWD. This also applies to your normal road car. Also known as tracking. The camber setting on most racing or rally cars is about 1 or 2 degrees negative but it does vary a bit on different systems.

There were several features missing in DR I was really wanting to come in DLC or a successor. But right now it's confirmed by @KickUp that none of them we will see. At least in initial release, which in some cases is almost equal to never:
  1. longer stages
  2. replays
  3. 3 monitor support (powered by nVidia SMP)
  4. Rift/Vive support 

gfRally said:

Rygar86 said:

Michigan rally stage and Cross Karts in Holjes Sweden.
  • Body is 26 Michigans too short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eWWzZ1kVOY

Despite what the rest of the world perceives we are not all gun toting, pickup driving, beer drinking... etc.. Rally racing here, as everywhere brings people of all types out to see watch.  Not trying to be critical of something so minor, but it just irked me to see.   

Yeah, but those are the best kind. Guns are fun, Pickups are remarkably useful, and who doesn't like a good pint?

JZStudios said:

gfRally said:

Rygar86 said:

Despite what the rest of the world perceives we are not all gun toting, pickup driving, beer drinking... etc.. Rally racing here, as everywhere brings people of all types out to see watch.  Not trying to be critical of something so minor, but it just irked me to see.   

Yeah, but those are the best kind. Guns are fun, Pickups are remarkably useful, and who doesn't like a good pint?

Mmkay yeah. Guns are "fun" as long as they are in the right hands. But it's not to discuss in this thread.

MaXyMsrpl said:

There were several features missing in DR I was really wanting to come in DLC or a successor. But right now it's confirmed by @KickUp that none of them we will see. At least in initial release, which in some cases is almost equal to never:
  1. longer stages
  2. replays
  3. 3 monitor support (powered by nVidia SMP)
  4. Rift/Vive support 

What about replays? Elaborate.

bogani said:

JZStudios said:

gfRally said:

Rygar86 said:

Mmkay yeah. Guns are "fun" as long as they are in the right hands. But it's not to discuss in this thread.

True. And my only note is 99% of the hands their in is totally fine. yet again it's the 1% that ruins it for everybody, just like Korean hackers, arguing about what gets wet where, and whether or not there's any helicopters scoping you out.
If I'm being truthful, I'd like to more restrictions on idiots being able to drive...
I just watched the PS Access video, and that service area has me really excited! The damage inspection/repair system is SO much better than DR. I'm really looking forward to the strategy that comes from keeping the car on the road through a long event. Repairing in DR is pretty boring, so that aspect of the experience has been missing for me.

nystedt88 said:

no volvo 242  :'( :'( :'( :'(
and why no audi quattro in group b rallycross?

Sadly because Audi did not officially support the Group B Rallycross as a factory team we couldn't licence it. Same reason we couldn't get the EKS RX car.

As for the 242 - one day it will happen ;)

KickUp said:

nystedt88 said:

Sadly because Audi did not officially support the Group B Rallycross as a factory team we couldn't licence it. Same reason we couldn't get the EKS RX car.

But since Audi now officially supports the EKS cars, could we maybe see them one day as DLC?

Didzis said:

KickUp said:

nystedt88 said:

But since Audi now officially supports the EKS cars, could we maybe see them one day as DLC?

From now on the possibilty is there