Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.


Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.

Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#


Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?



Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:


Rygar86 said:


urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.



Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.


Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#



Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?




Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|



Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:



Rygar86 said:


bogani said:



Rygar86 said:



urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.




Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.



Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#




Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?





Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|





Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 


I'll take as there won't be any watchable replay after each heat like offline.

Broadcast/spectate sounds awesome though!

Can you run full event structure online?
Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:



KickUp said:





Rygar86 said:



bogani said:




Rygar86 said:




urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.





Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.




Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#





Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?






Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|







Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 




I'll take as there won't be any watchable replay after each heat like offline.

Broadcast/spectate sounds awesome though!

Can you run full event structure online?


Sadly not as it doesn't fit with a lot of the matchmaking systems on console. You can run heat or semi final/final formats though so as the host you can run three Qualifiers and then switch to two semi-final/finals. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:



bogani said:





KickUp said:







Rygar86 said:




bogani said:





Rygar86 said:





urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.






Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.





Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#






Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?







Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|









Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 






I'll take as there won't be any watchable replay after each heat like offline.

Broadcast/spectate sounds awesome though!

Can you run full event structure online?




Sadly not as it doesn't fit with a lot of the matchmaking systems on console. You can run heat or semi final/final formats though so as the host you can run three Qualifiers and then switch to two semi-final/finals. 


Ah okok. How many cars can enter an online RX event?
Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:



KickUp said:





bogani said:







KickUp said:









Rygar86 said:





bogani said:






Rygar86 said:






urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.







Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.






Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#







Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?








Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|











Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 








I'll take as there won't be any watchable replay after each heat like offline.

Broadcast/spectate sounds awesome though!

Can you run full event structure online?






Sadly not as it doesn't fit with a lot of the matchmaking systems on console. You can run heat or semi final/final formats though so as the host you can run three Qualifiers and then switch to two semi-final/finals. 




Ah okok. How many cars can enter an online RX event?


8 players in a lobby so you see why proper format becomes an issue. 

We have some additional spectator slots. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:



bogani said:





KickUp said:







bogani said:









KickUp said:











Rygar86 said:






bogani said:







Rygar86 said:







urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.








Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.







Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#








Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?









Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|













Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 










I'll take as there won't be any watchable replay after each heat like offline.

Broadcast/spectate sounds awesome though!

Can you run full event structure online?








Sadly not as it doesn't fit with a lot of the matchmaking systems on console. You can run heat or semi final/final formats though so as the host you can run three Qualifiers and then switch to two semi-final/finals. 






Ah okok. How many cars can enter an online RX event?




8 players in a lobby so you see why proper format becomes an issue. 

We have some additional spectator slots. 


Ok! Yes I do see that. A wee bit disapointing to be honest. Think about a large field of supercars battle through heats, semis and finals together in an online league event. Would be so cool!

One for the future maybe ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites


bogani said:





KickUp said:







bogani said:









KickUp said:











bogani said:













KickUp said:















Rygar86 said:








bogani said:









Rygar86 said:









urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.










Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.









Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#










Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?











Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|

















Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 














I'll take as there won't be any watchable replay after each heat like offline.

Broadcast/spectate sounds awesome though!

Can you run full event structure online?












Sadly not as it doesn't fit with a lot of the matchmaking systems on console. You can run heat or semi final/final formats though so as the host you can run three Qualifiers and then switch to two semi-final/finals. 










Ah okok. How many cars can enter an online RX event?








8 players in a lobby so you see why proper format becomes an issue. 

We have some additional spectator slots. 






Ok! Yes I do see that. A wee bit disapointing to be honest. Think about a large field of supercars battle through heats, semis and finals together in an online league event. Would be so cool!

One for the future maybe ;)




Yeah, I get that. It's how you handle those that don't qualify etc etc.
Link to post
Share on other sites

nystedt88 said:

@KickUp is the gameplay from slaptrain the final build or is it more work to do?


That is in no way the final build which is why it said 'Alpha Build - Work in Progress' at the top of the screen. In fact that build is nearly a month old now and we probably have another few weeks of polish and balancing to do. 
Link to post
Share on other sites


Wow so far The future is bright as Dirt 4 Fan :)
@KickUp May i ask.
In part of Team Branding video
1) we saw 8 different pattern. will be there more in Final build of game?
2) on same models of Car, but with different livery are different painted wheels! is that maybe chance that we can paint wheels in Team Branding? (didnt notice in video option for that)
3)is it posible just to paint Car blank. just with colour  and not livery design (for exampel like Citroen C4 in Dirt Rally ) 
Thanks as always for Your time


4) About Pre-order . I would love to Pre order on PSN (Europe) for PS4. will the game be a little early on PSN? I am asking because There will be Special Event on 9-11June. and  my internet conection is not fast. I needed 2 days for downloading Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 is pretty sure a little larger.. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:

@KickUp
What about eastern european cars. Why are not in game? Is it harder to license these cars?

We don't have a relationship with any of the manufacturers but we are working on that for the future. 


While you're at it, get cozy with the Scandinavian manufacturers as well. 

:wink:
Link to post
Share on other sites






Wow so far The future is bright as Dirt 4 Fan :)
@KickUp May i ask.
In part of Team Branding video
1) we saw 8 different pattern. will be there more in Final build of game?
2) on same models of Car, but with different livery are different painted wheels! is that maybe chance that we can paint wheels in Team Branding? (didnt notice in video option for that)
3)is it posible just to paint Car blank. just with colour  and not livery design (for exampel like Citroen C4 in Dirt Rally ) 
Thanks as always for Your time




4) About Pre-order . I would love to Pre order on PSN (Europe) for PS4. will the game be a little early on PSN? I am asking because There will be Special Event on 9-11June. and  my internet conection is not fast. I needed 2 days for downloading Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 is pretty sure a little larger.. 


I'll ask about that for you.
Link to post
Share on other sites


@KickUp And what about manufacturers who don´t making cars anymore. Do you still need to license these manufacturers? For example Trabant, Moskvitch etc.


Unless nobody owns the license anymore, yes, they have to contact the license holder. Which I guess can be a real pain for obscure licenses, since you'd have to track them down.
Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp

As always thank you for all the answers you give us @KickUp !

-Are you aware of any Alpha footage showing Simulation Handling Mode? We got quiet a few videos appearing last couple weeks, but pretty much all of them are either said to be Easy Handling, or are not specified. I remember I asked you that before and you were not aware of any Sim mode footage, so maybe that's changed by now?

- Do you think it would be possible to let more Sim oriented Youtubers and reviewers to get their hands on Alpha build? For some of us it is frustrating to see people who don't are not that much interested in Rallying play Dirt 4 and give us their impressions, yet there is a big crowd of passionate players supporting you and waiting for the release who wish someone from Rally Sim community could try the Alpha Build.

- Not sure if this was already asked, but will it be possible to set up a Rally event with multiple Your Stage generated stages using multiple locations? For example 2x stages generated with Wales terrain and 2x Australia based? 

-Will it be possible to preorder Dirt 4 from Poland? I don't see that location avaliable when choosing PC and Steam as platform. Unless I can choose UK and location just means language localisation?

-I saw Opel Ascona used right side mounted steering wheel on gameplay footage. Will we be able to change that (will tere be two variations of a car), or is it hard coded and car specific feature?

-What POV camera settings will be avaliable with cockpit camera? I remember reading that FOV option is disabled on consoles, how about PC? Can we move camera up/down/fov/bckwrd as with Dirt Rally? I really like the camera positioning we can see in onboard gameplay footages btw, I think you have nailed the "further back" camera position!

Keep the great work up! Have a good day ;)





Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:











Wow so far The future is bright as Dirt 4 Fan :)
@KickUp May i ask.
In part of Team Branding video
1) we saw 8 different pattern. will be there more in Final build of game?
2) on same models of Car, but with different livery are different painted wheels! is that maybe chance that we can paint wheels in Team Branding? (didnt notice in video option for that)
3)is it posible just to paint Car blank. just with colour  and not livery design (for exampel like Citroen C4 in Dirt Rally ) 
Thanks as always for Your time






4) About Pre-order . I would love to Pre order on PSN (Europe) for PS4. will the game be a little early on PSN? I am asking because There will be Special Event on 9-11June. and  my internet conection is not fast. I needed 2 days for downloading Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 is pretty sure a little larger.. 




I'll ask about that for you.


I'd appreciate predownload very much with my connection too - 10Mbps (Steam).

If it's doable I'll love your for that.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...