Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

gfRally said:

KevM said:

RX seems to have had the most drastic change for D4, I used it minimally in DR but look forward to it now.  The 'scale' of the tracks seem a bit more believable now.  They seemed narrow and short before but I may have just imagined that difference.

What I do look fwd to though, is 2wd Rally, both front and rear wheel drive.  I won't be using 'game' mode, but can't wait to try the 'rookie/beginner' class R2's in full sim spec.  The Adams are rapid & the wee 3-pot Fiestas sound fantastic on the stages.  The R2 class will provide great racing demanding proper skill I reckon! 

Do you want to add more anxiety? Just see this vid and you Will go to Codemasters HQ to steal a copy now LOL
https://youtu.be/fwkwk369S88

The view from the side windows makes it look a lot faster than it is. If you cover those up so you can only see the windscreen it doesn't look quite as fast! Still driving at a fair speed though.

Thats because triple screens are not supported in that mode :lol:

You can get a similar effect with triples and high FOV. It looks crazy fast. Not very representative of real life though ;)

bogani said:

Am I alone here not finding turbos and ALS as intriguing as tuned NA cars?

Well, if by tuned NA cars you mean massive V8, V10 (especially those) and V12's, then yes, I'm with you. Otherwise, I do like me some nice charging methods. That said, NA doesn't have this issue:

I'm more of a 4-6 cylinder kinda guy, but I don't mind some V8's thrown in the mix.

@KickUp will there be more water/puddles on the stages than in Dirt Rally? In Wales you see for example some water on the edges of the stages but there seems to be no splashing water when going through them. 

What is it that you are most excited about besides YourStage?

P308R said:

@KickUp will there be more water/puddles on the stages than in Dirt Rally? In Wales you see for example some water on the edges of the stages but there seems to be no splashing water when going through them. 

Yes there will be more puddles. 

Besides Your Stage - improvements to simulation, RX and Nicky Grist. 

As per the earlier comparison, pCars puddles are bloody dangerous!  Hopefully the D4 puddles will have some interaction with the car and require reaction 

Can you clear up how many cylinders the R2 Fiesta has @KickUp?

KickUp said:

KevM said:

As per the earlier comparison, pCars puddles are bloody dangerous!  Hopefully the D4 puddles will have some interaction with the car and require reaction 

They have some drag

Oh man, cylinders with drag, sounds like it needs some oil.....

KickUp said:

KevM said:

They have some drag

I think the radiator's damaged....

KevM said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

They have some drag

Just so you know, it's going to sound pretty stupid if they model the old version of the R2 Fiesta ;)

KevM said:

KickUp said:

KevM said:

They have some drag

Just so you know, it's going to sound pretty stupid if they model the old version of the R2 Fiesta ;)

I predict it to be a face-lift DMack car with a 4 banger soundtrack & a licensing issue :(

KickUp said:

P308R said:

Yes there will be more puddles. 

Besides Your Stage - improvements to simulation, RX and Nicky Grist vfx

Fixed it for you

nystedt88 said:

@KickUp
What changes/improvments have you done with sweden?
will we see a head to head mode like dirt 3 with ice circut?.. if not maybe dlc or dirt 5?

No head to head planned. No ice racing, we have fgocused on bringing the Swedish stages and snow banks into Your Stage.