Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts



P308R said:


@ChristinaMc @KickUp

Here is that moawing about person again  >:)

I see in the screenshots some motionblur going on.






Could you please add this for the console-versions as well because it would make those captures so much more alive and it would soften the pain of the photomode not making it in.





Of course consoles will have motion blur... or am I missing something?
Link to post
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:





bogani said:




I'm visiting this forum waaaaaaaaaaaay too many times a day. 








I check in the morning before work, and in the afternoon after work.


I check in the morning before school, the morning at school, between classes at school, in the afternoon at home (multiple times), and at night before bed. Do I have a problem?
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
https://youtu.be/918P2nvEdeU                                                




The way those yellow boxes fly apart is hypnotic, I can see myself getting addicted  :smiley: Although it might be even better if there were occasionally different coloured ones with extra bonuses too!


Link to post
Share on other sites
@FloatingGrass i know this seems stupid but have you checked the serial plugs under thw wheel, mine g27 was doing a simular thing and it turned out to be that, also the wires in the shifter itself are too tiny and break after some use, if your handy with a soldering iron and gluegun you can replace them, i have done this as my reverse stopped working
Link to post
Share on other sites


The width of the roads will be affected because of the difficulty settings of Yourstage? Because hearing that there will be super flat out stages it sounds mega cool, but if they are wide it won't be mega cool LOL


As I understand it the width will pretty much be decided by which location you choose. Wales will generally always be more narrow than the stages you generate in Michigan due to that Michigan irl use wider roads.
Link to post
Share on other sites


The width of the roads will be affected because of the difficulty settings of Yourstage? Because hearing that there will be super flat out stages it sounds mega cool, but if they are wide it won't be mega cool LOL


While there is some variation in the width of the stages we don't increase the width to make them fast. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

BadD0g said:



JZStudios said:







bogani said:





I'm visiting this forum waaaaaaaaaaaay too many times a day. 










I check in the morning before work, and in the afternoon after work.




I check in the morning before school, the morning at school, between classes at school, in the afternoon at home (multiple times), and at night before bed. Do I have a problem?


Hey, tell the truth, this forums the most social interaction I get now.
Link to post
Share on other sites

KevM said:

Great conversation!  I like the way you reply in English & kop9000 understands lol


Well, I somewhat understand him too, but I still use Google translate to be sure. I can roughly understand russian, but not enough to be able to answer back in russian. It's probably the same for him with english. It's easier to get the meaning from correct russian via translate vs. broken english
Having said that though, @kop9000 you could copy a translation from google translate along with your comments, it would make it easier for the rest of us to answer your questions and would make your posts not be against the forum rules
Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:

https://youtu.be/918P2nvEdeU                                                


@KickUp May i ask. at 0:40 we see  same livery without sponsors, but in the gameplay we se Texaco and other sponsor on the truck, are we abel to modify custom livery created from your starting list (from livery screen, there where few without sponsors)? or just ad sponsors on your liveries or it goes automatic? (or it was Team Branding between the gamplay footage and was cut the part from video?)
Link to post
Share on other sites




bogani said:


https://youtu.be/918P2nvEdeU                                                




@KickUp May i ask. at 0:40 we see  same livery without sponsors, but in the gameplay we se Texaco and other sponsor on the truck, are we abel to modify custom livery created from your starting list (from livery screen, there where few without sponsors)? or just ad sponsors on your liveries or it goes automatic? (or it was Team Branding between the gamplay footage and was cut the part from video?)


The build was Alpha. The intention is to have sponsors shown on the images although this hasn't been achieved yet. 

Many of the liveries, that Texaco one for example, are built using the branding suite by one of my designers. We then allocate them to a team in game that you can race for or compete against. 

If you see a livery in game and it is not a famous one from real motorsport then there is a ~95% chance you'll be able to recreate it in the branding suite for your team. (We have still hand crafted ones that make up the other ~5% of the fictional team liveries)
Link to post
Share on other sites
@Didzis Please forgive me. Just an interpreter very badly translated from Russian into English. But I'll try to post in English. I'll translate the last message that I wrote to you earlier but I'll add some text

Thank you. About the surface, I realized but maybe you did not understand me a bit. Here you turn at the intersection, then you move out of the asphalt on the gravel. Or vice versa when at the intersection you leave the gravel on the asphalt



That's what I had in mind. This will not happen, either?

@KickUp Are you a developer?










Link to post
Share on other sites
At least Slaptrain tested if it curved on the jumps. I'm looking forward for DiRT 4. You should be glad he doesn't focus too much on graphic.

I expect the game to be a little bit more taxing graphically since the PS4 pro exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites

urgaffel said:




P308R said:



@ChristinaMc @KickUp

Here is that moawing about person again  >:)

I see in the screenshots some motionblur going on.






Could you please add this for the console-versions as well because it would make those captures so much more alive and it would soften the pain of the photomode not making it in.







Of course consoles will have motion blur... or am I missing something?


What he means is - if you paused a replay in DR to take a SS you were losing the blur due to some grain/can't really called it. These screenshots got it so I assume they're either: 
a. created with a special dev screenshot tool
b. created with above + touched with photoshop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Areyouben said:

KickUp is the designer on the game and works part time as ultimate boss on the forum as he answers pretty much all questions you shoot at the man.

As far as the mixed surfaces goes, that has been asked a few times and by now the developers know we want it, but it's not going to be in DiRT 4.


well thank you. Then I have one more question

Will there be bridges and railroad crossings?

Link to post
Share on other sites

kop9000 said:



Areyouben said:


KickUp is the designer on the game and works part time as ultimate boss on the forum as he answers pretty much all questions you shoot at the man.

As far as the mixed surfaces goes, that has been asked a few times and by now the developers know we want it, but it's not going to be in DiRT 4.




well thank you. Then I have one more question

Will there be bridges and railroad crossings?


for Railroad not sure, but Bridges i have seen in Dirt 4 Australia gameplay footage
Link to post
Share on other sites

kop9000 said:



Areyouben said:


KickUp is the designer on the game and works part time as ultimate boss on the forum as he answers pretty much all questions you shoot at the man.

As far as the mixed surfaces goes, that has been asked a few times and by now the developers know we want it, but it's not going to be in DiRT 4.




well thank you. Then I have one more question

Will there be bridges and railroad crossings?


High railroad jumps :love:
Link to post
Share on other sites

human1101 said:

@FloatingGrass i know this seems stupid but have you checked the serial plugs under thw wheel, mine g27 was doing a simular thing and it turned out to be that, also the wires in the shifter itself are too tiny and break after some use, if your handy with a soldering iron and gluegun you can replace them, i have done this as my reverse stopped working


My shifter has already begun getting fifth and sixth confused with third and fourth, but that's not my issue right now. In Dirt Rally (and only Dirt Rally) my steering inputs are laggy. I'll turn the wheel to the left, it'll stutter at, say, 23%, and it'll​ jump to 60% suddenly. I don't know what's causing it and I've tried everything. I'll try checking the plugs, but it's only happening in Dirt Rally and in no other racing games.
Link to post
Share on other sites




kop9000 said:





Areyouben said:



KickUp is the designer on the game and works part time as ultimate boss on the forum as he answers pretty much all questions you shoot at the man.

As far as the mixed surfaces goes, that has been asked a few times and by now the developers know we want it, but it's not going to be in DiRT 4.






well thank you. Then I have one more question

Will there be bridges and railroad crossings?




for Railroad not sure, but Bridges i have seen in Dirt 4 Australia gameplay footage


I mean bridges and railway crossings in "your stage"
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...