Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

hahaa :D                                                                                                                                                                                         
Speaking of PC Master Race, wouldn't it be amazing if they freed up the capability to mod old stages into the game, i.e from Dirt Rally...

On a similar note, @KickUp the openly allowed modding of skins in Dirt Rally was brilliant. Unfortunately the preview tiles we weren't able to edit. In Dirt 4 before going into a stage is there a way we can select a modded livery without having to use memory for which has replaced which? Can it be seen before starting an event? Minor thing really but these kind of things make a game for me. 

Speaking of PC Master Race, wouldn't it be amazing if they freed up the capability to mod old stages into the game, i.e from Dirt Rally...

On a similar note, @KickUp the openly allowed modding of skins in Dirt Rally was brilliant. Unfortunately the preview tiles we weren't able to edit. In Dirt 4 before going into a stage is there a way we can select a modded livery without having to use memory for which has replaced which? Can it be seen before starting an event? Minor thing really but these kind of things make a game for me. 

We are changing the way that liveries work so it may require more work for modded skins to work in DiRT4. Please understand that we are not deliberately making things harder but we have needed to make the changes after updating our lighting and to support the branding suite. 
https://twitter.com/F2CMaDMaXX">@F2CMaDMaXX</a> Yup! I even hinted about what it might have been in last week&#39;s Road Book too. ;)</p>&mdash; Christina McGrath (@xtinamcgrath) <a href="https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/857261009039499264
I think she's referring to this part
"You’ll catch a couple of glimpses of what WRX looks like in DiRT 4, but wait a little longer and we may or may not surprise you with a little something we have in the works right now. Which may or may not come with fun news about the DiRT 4 soundtrack…"

KickUp said:

We are changing the way that liveries work so it may require more work for modded skins to work in DiRT4. Please understand that we are not deliberately making things harder but we have needed to make the changes after updating our lighting and to support the branding suite. 

Thanks for the quick reply Paul. I don't mind it being harder as long as it is still possible! I'm sure the changes had to be made for all the great features you've added, really looking forward to them. 
I think there will be some "existing" licensed music, as we heard "No one knows" in the paddock on the radio.

However, i think i remember Paul saying they have licensed music, but, licensed original music.  Should be cheaper than the Dirt 3, or whatever it was, which was a huge part of the budget (which irks me :( )
Yep. First things I'll do in Dirt 4 will be muting the music and re-configuring the controller.

Btw in the DR menu before your save file loads, are the vocals in the song saying "So f###ing fast so f###ing fast so f###ing fast" or is it just me?

I can't unhear it.
I;d have to go listen again.....

But i'm not that bad with music, i know in the 90's that the first thing you'd do was turn off music, it was rarely matched to the game and was just normally CD music played over the top with no regard to mix levels.

These days it's not like that, usually matched and levels normally implemented in the mix, i'll give everything a try before deciding.   DR music was good for me, i think i turned it down a little though.
Me too! Musique I always cut during gameplay. In the menu's it van stay on. In the rally car it is very disturbing when codriver "Nicky" is getting distracted every time Madonna or J-Lo are coming by.....For god sake, can you just read the pacenotes!!! For 5 minutes it works and then I hear...Let's get louuud...Let's get loOuud....followed by Crest, Tree-> end of race  :s
They didn't mess this up in DR, i doubt they'd do it in D4; though the possibility exists that they'll give a gameplay option (check box) for music if they do.

Paul knows what he's doing, he knows where music is used in real life, service areas, grandstands between races at WRX events, he's done them all.

P308R said:

Me too! Musique I always cut during gameplay. In the menu's it van stay on. In the rally car it is very disturbing when codriver "Nicky" is getting distracted every time Madonna or J-Lo are coming by.....For god sake, can you just read the pacenotes!!! For 5 minutes it works and then I hear...Let's get louuud...Let's get loOuud....followed by Crest, Tree-> end of race  :s

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/253719#Comment_253719
"The soundtrack will appear in the menus, loading, the service area (over the radio) and then in replays."
I personally think music is really important in games, dirt 2's soundtrack was so good and really set the tone of the game. A good soundtrack adds a lot to a game. Dirt 2's is actually one of my all time favourite game soundtracks, closely followed by Skate 2

P308R said:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/253719#Comment_253719

"The soundtrack will appear in the menus, loading, the service area (over the radio) and then in replays."

I'm fine with this, as long as the volume is adjustable.  I do kill it completely on replays.  @RallyDriven D2 is up there for me too, and actually listen to it in my car from time to time.  It was even good enough for some replays, but then again the sound engine isn't what it is today.  I'm pretty happy there is some licensed music in D4.