Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

I also want to add how amazing the variety the locations have. 

This is Sweden

This is also Sweden (Looks more like Norway in this one :P)

the second pic looks like shit sadly.. it does not look like sweden at all... sweden does not have mountains like that, at least not in värmland... and it looks like somone just added the backround on to the stage?... i know now why they did not show this earlier... this makes me sad

nystedt88 said:

the second pic looks like **** sadly.. it does not look like sweden at all... sweden does not have mountains like that, at least not in värmland... and it looks like somone just added the backround on to the stage?... i know now why they did not show this earlier... this makes me sad

Atrocious. I'm not buying this game anymore. Deleting my codemasters account, bye guys
I have to say, those mountains in Sweden really surprised me, and I like them. It fit's awesomely well with my league plans for a Rally Norway and a Rally Sweden separately.

That brings up a question @KickUp , can you recognize those, let's call them Fjord-Mountains, on the preview-screen when generating a Stage? So you can see, if that stage goes through/contains this particular area or not?

nystedt88 said:

I also want to add how amazing the variety the locations have. 

This is Sweden

the second pic looks like **** sadly.. it does not look like sweden at all... sweden does not have mountains like that, at least not in värmland... and it looks like somone just added the backround on to the stage?... i know now why they did not show this earlier... this makes me sad

The motion blur is probably the culprit here. Turned off the background will probably look much better.

SkyRex said:

I have to say, those mountains in Sweden really surprised me, and I like them. It fit's awesomely well with my league plans for a Rally Norway and a Rally Sweden separately.

That brings up a question @KickUp , can you recognize those, let's call them Fjord-Mountains, on the preview-screen when generating a Stage? So you can see, if that stage goes through/contains this particular area or not?

well.. its not authentic to have those type of fjord mountains in värmland... then rename it to norway instead of sweden

nystedt88 said:

just look at this backround... it does look like **** :(

I think the mountains look fine. What you see there looks like a clipping-error to me, maybe due to camera angle inside something. Can some of the developers shed light onto what exactly the stuff down the road is?

SkyRex said:

nystedt88 said:

I think the mountains look fine. What you see there looks like a clipping-error to me, maybe due to camera angle inside something. Can some of the developers shed light onto what exactly the stuff down the road is?

Just so you guys know. This shot was taken from a development build where the constraints are taken off Your Stage. That results in some crazy landscapes and you won't see stuff like this in the final game.

nystedt88 said:

SkyRex said:

well.. its not authentic to have those type of fjord mountains in värmland... then rename it to norway instead of sweden

Thought I saw quite few steep mountains in the area north of Torsby last time I drove through there. Those in the screenshot looks a bit too step though, but I can live with giving codies some artistic freedom for dramatic effect.

KickUp said:

SkyRex said:

nystedt88 said:

Just so you guys know. This shot was taken from a development build where the constraints are taken off Your Stage. That results in some crazy landscapes and you won't see stuff like this in the final game.

so those HIGH mountains will not be in the game then i hope? @KickUp
 :)

Dytut said:

nystedt88 said:

SkyRex said:

Thought I saw quite few steep mountains in the area north of Torsby last time I drove through there. Those in the screenshot looks a bit too step though, but I can live with giving codies some artistic freedom for dramatic effect.

yes torsby has small mountains.. but not like those in the trailer... its more like big hills in torsby.. i know i was there on last sunday :)

nystedt88 said:

KickUp said:

SkyRex said:

nystedt88 said:

To clarify. Those mountains will not be in the game as the landscapes we are using do not have them. When we make these videos we use development builds which means that things like this can happen.

Just so you know I've also edited my comment and the thread as I shouldn't have said what I said about it.

KickUp said:

nystedt88 said:

KickUp said:

SkyRex said:

nystedt88 said:

To clarify. Those mountains will not be in the game as the landscapes we are using do not have them. When we make these videos we use development builds which means that things like this can happen.

Just so you know I've also edited my comment and the thread as I shouldn't have said what I said about it.

As I've understood the landscapes won't be generated when we push "generate", the stage will be generated somewhere in a "fixed" landscape?

bogani said:

KickUp said:

nystedt88 said:

KickUp said:

SkyRex said:

nystedt88 said:

As I've understood the landscapes won't be generated when we push "generate", the stage will be generated somewhere in a "fixed" landscape?

Yes, exactly that.
Am I the only one who is pleased to see that YourStage can handle mountainous terrain?

Yeah, its not maybe geographically correct to have them in Sweden, but think of the future possibilities.....

Looks great, bring it on