Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts


nystedt88 said:





KickUp said:









SkyRex said:











nystedt88 said:






just look at this backround... it does look like **** :(















I think the mountains look fine. What you see there looks like a clipping-error to me, maybe due to camera angle inside something. Can some of the developers shed light onto what exactly the stuff down the road is?










Just so you guys know. This shot was taken from a development build where the constraints are taken off Your Stage. That results in some crazy landscapes and you won't see stuff like this in the final game.









so those HIGH mountains will not be in the game then i hope? @KickUp
 :)


You might just not be able to race so close to them, so they wouldn't be as big a deal.
Link to post
Share on other sites

MaXyMsrpl said:

Personally I don't like this trailer. It shows the way how to show nothing.
Too rapid editing. You cannot focus on any part of footage. I would like to see physics on top of beautiful scenery.


I understand what you mean. Trailers like these doesn't show the more static camera shots you will see when watching a replay in the game. This is all about looking as action packed as possible with quick clips, spectacular events and so forth. It's hard to get a feel for how the cars move, it always looks a bit wonky when using angles and following cameras as they do here.
I do understand why the do trailers like these though :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:



bogani said:





KickUp said:







nystedt88 said:











KickUp said:















SkyRex said:

















nystedt88 said:









just look at this backround... it does look like **** :(





















I think the mountains look fine. What you see there looks like a clipping-error to me, maybe due to camera angle inside something. Can some of the developers shed light onto what exactly the stuff down the road is?
















Just so you guys know. This shot was taken from a development build where the constraints are taken off Your Stage. That results in some crazy landscapes and you won't see stuff like this in the final game.















so those HIGH mountains will not be in the game then i hope? @KickUp
 :)








To clarify. Those mountains will not be in the game as the landscapes we are using do not have them. When we make these videos we use development builds which means that things like this can happen.

Just so you know I've also edited my comment and the thread as I shouldn't have said what I said about it.






As I've understood the landscapes won't be generated when we push "generate", the stage will be generated somewhere in a "fixed" landscape?




Yes, exactly that.


Are the maps handcrafted by the design team or are there any generation going on when those are created?
Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:



KickUp said:





bogani said:







KickUp said:









nystedt88 said:













KickUp said:

















SkyRex said:



















nystedt88 said:










just look at this backround... it does look like **** :(























I think the mountains look fine. What you see there looks like a clipping-error to me, maybe due to camera angle inside something. Can some of the developers shed light onto what exactly the stuff down the road is?


















Just so you guys know. This shot was taken from a development build where the constraints are taken off Your Stage. That results in some crazy landscapes and you won't see stuff like this in the final game.

















so those HIGH mountains will not be in the game then i hope? @KickUp
 :)










To clarify. Those mountains will not be in the game as the landscapes we are using do not have them. When we make these videos we use development builds which means that things like this can happen.

Just so you know I've also edited my comment and the thread as I shouldn't have said what I said about it.








As I've understood the landscapes won't be generated when we push "generate", the stage will be generated somewhere in a "fixed" landscape?






Yes, exactly that.




Are the maps handcrafted by the design team or are there any generation going on when those are created?


They have been designed by the environment teams but they are based on the areas in which our locations are set. The track then gets placed within these environments fitting within that landscape.
Link to post
Share on other sites


KevM said:


Am I the only one who is pleased to see that YourStage can handle mountainous terrain?

Yeah, its not maybe geographically correct to have them in Sweden, but think of the future possibilities.....

Looks great, bring it on


IMO those mountains actually didn't look bad at all. It may not be accurate with the region but in the future if we can have a new region with roads between two mountains as shown in the trailer, it would be a really nice setting.
Link to post
Share on other sites

KevM said:

Am I the only one who is pleased to see that YourStage can handle mountainous terrain?

Yeah, its not maybe geographically correct to have them in Sweden, but think of the future possibilities.....

Looks great, bring it on


Yeah, shows monte terrain is clearly possible :-D 
Link to post
Share on other sites

tbtstt said:

I'm still debating between which version of DiRT 4 to pre-order: I like the idea of a shiny steelbook, but the Special Edition gets more extra in game bits...


Both :P                        
The new website hyped me even more. Specially:

RaceNet is better than ever before with the Pro Tour ladder and cross-platform leaderboards with more to come post launch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

versedi said:



tbtstt said:


I'm still debating between which version of DiRT 4 to pre-order: I like the idea of a shiny steelbook, but the Special Edition gets more extra in game bits...




Both :P                        
The new website hyped me even more. Specially:

RaceNet is better than ever before with the Pro Tour ladder and cross-platform leaderboards with more to come post launch.



Haha, good solution! At the moment I'm thinking I might sacrifice the extra bits for the steelbook! Be nice to know what the unique "facilities" for the game actual comprise of. 
Link to post
Share on other sites


@KickUp Can you also take freeplay cars into Joyride? Is the mode unlocked from the start? Last, can you change time and day + weather on Joyride?


I'm pretty sure you can free roam in Joyride in any car. The mode is unlocked after you have created your profile and accessed the main menu. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:





@KickUp Can you also take freeplay cars into Joyride? Is the mode unlocked from the start? Last, can you change time and day + weather on Joyride?




I'm pretty sure you can free roam in Joyride in any car. The mode is unlocked after you have created your profile and accessed the main menu. 


Sounds great. When is Paul the Co-Driver Mode unlocked?
Link to post
Share on other sites
I think it's weird that the mountains made it into the trailer when they're not going to be in the game, but it was cool to see some little snippets of Spain and the normal parts of Sweden. I like the curbs in Spain, that looks like something that can ruin your day if you're not careful.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...