Jump to content Jump to content

Not strictly DiRTy gossip, but some new Subaru news for @gfRally (and any other Subaru lovers on the forum). After switched from the GR to the GJ WRX STI for their Rally America program, I was wondering if Vermont would do the same for the GRC cars this year, I now have my answer...

...full story is on the GRC website. Interesting little snippet from that article:

"The new car will meet GRC and FIA Rallycross homologation standards."

I wonder if this means we will see both Lasek and Isachsen running in the Canadian World Rallycross Championship round this year? Also means that Codemasters can include the WRX STI  in that World Rallycross content they keep teasing us with! :smiley: 
Guessing now that with the recent F1 announcement, and the release date in June, that a similar time schedule will follow with Dirt 4, ie first official announcement sometime in June, after the F1 release (so not to distract from that), then its release about two months later in August, as speculated with the '128' number.

Hopefully.
Guessing now that with the recent F1 announcement, and the release date in June, that a similar time schedule will follow with Dirt 4, ie first official announcement sometime in June, after the F1 release (so not to distract from that), then its release about two months later in August, as speculated with the '128' number.

Hopefully.
Soon is the word lately 
tbtstt said:
Not strictly DiRTy gossip, but some new Subaru news for @gfRally (and any other Subaru lovers on the forum). After switched from the GR to the GJ WRX STI for their Rally America program, I was wondering if Vermont would do the same for the GRC cars this year, I now have my answer...

...full story is on the GRC website. Interesting little snippet from that article:

"The new car will meet GRC and FIA Rallycross homologation standards."

I wonder if this means we will see both Lasek and Isachsen running in the Canadian World Rallycross Championship round this year? Also means that Codemasters can include the WRX STI  in that World Rallycross content they keep teasing us with! :smiley: 

@tbtstt  yep saw this yesterday too.  Didn't catch the FIA spec though, very interesting.  I can't help to wonder if RA and GRC is kind of a test bed for them to enter back into international racing?  Subaru in the USA is selling cars like mad, maybe that will allow them to expand into other events?  Don't know, but still hoping that Subaru makes a sweet licensing deal with Codies to include a good many cars from their racing history.
gfRally said:

Hopefully.
Soon is the word lately 
Is it??
gfRally said:

Hopefully.
Soon is the word lately 
Is it??
<At least on Twitter, yes, it is. ahaha
Azoresst said:
Yeah unfortunately nothing specific. Was hoping for something :( 
Well... http://steamcommunity.com/games/DiRT3/announcements/detail/163594468329829297
Nice :) It seems that it's not an April's Fool joke so I know what I'll be playing tonight! :D

@justbiglee explained a bit to as why it took so long to do it... Oh well, but now there's something DiRTy for me to play until something else comes along :)
Azoresst said:
Well... http://steamcommunity.com/games/DiRT3/announcements/detail/163594468329829297
Nice :) It seems that it's not an April's Fool joke so I know what I'll be playing tonight! :D

@justbiglee explained a bit to as why it took so long to do it... Oh well, but now there's something DiRTy for me to play until something else comes along :)

I'll come hunt you down online if you're on later.
Evilsmurf said:
Azoresst said:

I'll come hunt you down online if you're on later.
I'll take some of that
Meaning that there will be an announcement this Saturday regarding the game - in the middle of Easter? Hmmm, surely not a very smart time to do so - or am I wrong?

Oh, and by the way, I am still once or twice every week dreaming that I am playing DiRT4 - that must be a good reason to give us some news soon :)