Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts





bogani said:




NEWSFLASH!

A dutch gaming channel has got a hold of a preview code. I have no idea what they are saying but they showcase the Mitsubishi on a misty spanish stage. Not watched it all yet though. 

It looks beautiful :)

http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/lets-play-dirt-4/








Nice to see some more footage, but I just can't understand how the publisher finds these sub par gaming channels. The article contains loads of spelling mistakes and wrong information, and is just rubbish overall.
I haven't had the time to listen to what they have to say but it doesn't look like they're actual fans of the genre. I'd prefer some proper in depth analysing and review instead of some cool gamer kids that don't know what they are doing. But at least we finally have some more footage.

Edit: The video is even worse, they are talking about legendary rally driver Phil Meeks, do they mean Kris Meeke? Also they claim that Henk Wijngaard has been dead for some time, while he is still alive and kicking. 
Link to post
Share on other sites





bogani said:



NEWSFLASH!

A dutch gaming channel has got a hold of a preview code. I have no idea what they are saying but they showcase the Mitsubishi on a misty spanish stage. Not watched it all yet though. 

It looks beautiful :)

http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/lets-play-dirt-4/






Nice to see some more footage, but I just can't understand how Codemasters finds these sub par gaming channels. The article contains loads of spelling mistakes and wrong information, and is just rubbish overall.
I haven't had the time to listen to what they have to say but it doesn't look like they're actual fans of the genre. I'd prefer some proper in depth analysing and review instead of some cool gamer kids that don't know what they are doing. But at least we finally have some more footage.


well spoken! 
Link to post
Share on other sites
7:50-7:58
That's some nice cloud of dust, hell of a work!
The lightning looks awesome too, a specially when the exhaust is popping!

Overall I'm happy with the footage and glad to see something new!

So many people are having second thoughts because of the gamer/sim handling and I don't think we've even have seen one footage from it besides the first one at early alpha (IIRC it was that guy and girl playing).

@ChristinaMc any chance for simulation mode videos incoming? I'd gladly send them to some of my friends and people that still have concerns about it.

P.S. That start in Sweden....
P.S.2 It hurts how they're driving, 1-2-3-4 crash. 1-2-3-4 left three - crash.


Link to post
Share on other sites





bogani said:



NEWSFLASH!

A dutch gaming channel has got a hold of a preview code. I have no idea what they are saying but they showcase the Mitsubishi on a misty spanish stage. Not watched it all yet though. 

It looks beautiful :)

http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/lets-play-dirt-4/






Nice to see some more footage, but I just can't understand how Codemasters finds these sub par gaming channels. The article contains loads of spelling mistakes and wrong information, and is just rubbish overall.
I haven't had the time to listen to what they have to say but it doesn't look like they're actual fans of the genre. I'd prefer some proper in depth analysing and review instead of some cool gamer kids that don't know what they are doing. But at least we finally have some more footage.


They used to be pretty big and were pretty much the pioneers of a "modern" dedicated gamingchanel. The last years they went in decline I think mainly due to the fierce and high competition on youtube. A new generation is born and they simply are the the "old" generation. The guy with the glasses always says he is a huge racing enthusiast but the way he speaks about different disciplines shows that he isn't actually a petrolhead at all. He didn't even know what the "Joker" lap was for.

The footage they have shown is good and I really like YourStage. Pretty exciting stuff and the lightening effects have stepped up a serious notch from DR. 

@KickUp I would like to know what your thoughts are on Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO in terms of physics and pacenotes. The one thing I personally like a lot in SLRE is that the pacenotes indications on screen can actually be set before the corner rather than on top of the screen. I found this a very handsome and clear solution. Have you considered implementing an equal system into D4?
Link to post
Share on other sites





bogani said:



NEWSFLASH!

A dutch gaming channel has got a hold of a preview code. I have no idea what they are saying but they showcase the Mitsubishi on a misty spanish stage. Not watched it all yet though. 

It looks beautiful :)

http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/lets-play-dirt-4/






Nice to see some more footage, but I just can't understand how Codemasters finds these sub par gaming channels. The article contains loads of spelling mistakes and wrong information, and is just rubbish overall.
I haven't had the time to listen to what they have to say but it doesn't look like they're actual fans of the genre. I'd prefer some proper in depth analysing and review instead of some cool gamer kids that don't know what they are doing. But at least we finally have some more footage.


If these guys got a preview code hopefully the likes of ISR also got one. I really like Billy and John.

Hell, I managed to get 65k views on one of my DR videos on YT, and that's without subscribers. Send me a code Paul! ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites
A few things struck me as odd in that video. First, when they restarted the stage, the car was still damaged. It looked like it'd been patched in service, but it's a restart, shouldn't the car be restored to how it was to begin with? It would be somewhat lame if damage carried over from restarts. From stage to stage, yes of course, but from restarts makes no sense. Also, the car seemed to be repairing itself through the stage: the bumper for example went in a flash from repaired to brand new.

Hope that was just an earlier development build.
Link to post
Share on other sites
if im honest im surprised they havent let porkhammer do some footage.i d obviously do some aswell if it was needed.i think many here from the sim side want to see how it is in action.as some have said already people want to see if anything like dirt 2/3 handling is in there.which is too easy.

overall seen some great stuff from the video they were terrible though.also on sweden the track width was close to double of dirt rally.you could see on play back you could fit two stratos side by side.which i cant remember that in dirt rally.

as we get nearer release i do expect to see more media so hopefully we push a bit more of the sim side now aswell.

i know if i was doing it i would show one stage from each location rallied cleanly / decently with sim handling with different weather in each if possible. also on pc as graphically it should be better.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I have another two questions to @KickUp about the upcoming Clubs/Leagues:

With multiclass events being a thing now, can we create Multiclass League Seasons and will the classes have different Rankings throughout the Season? Can people be 'locked' in class once they choose to enter in one of the available classes in a League?
If not available, can we maybe create above system manually with the mentioned increased control for league/club- creators?

Second, can we 'create' our own car classes or is multiclass always tied to the ingame classes? For example setting up one class of a multiclass event as containing the Impreza 01, Focus 01 and Evo VI and none of the others (kinda 2001'sWRC-class) ?

@warpengage That looked like a purely visual bug to me. The car probably got physically repaired for the event restart, but the visual damag-model state didn't get updated right. Next time it got updated mid-stage when scraping that rail and realised, that it is in fact not really damaged, therfor displaying the corrected state of the bumper. TL;DR Not two, but one bug, and probably only visual and an 'easy fix'
Link to post
Share on other sites

PaloSamo said:

Call me stupid but I can't find the game footage you are all talking about. Clicked the link but all I get is the pair talking in dutch for 2.27 minutes.


Gameplay starts at 3.50. Your patience meter ran out after 2.27. Must collect more loot to upgrade!
Link to post
Share on other sites

SkyRex said:

I have another two questions to @KickUp about the upcoming Clubs/Leagues:

With multiclass events being a thing now, can we create Multiclass League Seasons and will the classes have different Rankings throughout the Season? Can people be 'locked' in class once they choose to enter in one of the available classes in a League?
If not available, can we maybe create above system manually with the mentioned increased control for league/club- creators?

Second, can we 'create' our own car classes or is multiclass always tied to the ingame classes? For example setting up one class of a multiclass event as containing the Impreza 01, Focus 01 and Evo VI and none of the others (kinda 2001'sWRC-class) ?


Clubs are going to be post launch and as a result a lot of this stuff has not been fully decided. @hatward will be able to fill in the details when stuff starts to take shape.
Link to post
Share on other sites

dgeesi0 said:

if im honest im surprised they havent let porkhammer do some footage.i d obviously do some aswell if it was needed.i think many here from the sim side want to see how it is in action.as some have said already people want to see if anything like dirt 2/3 handling is in there.which is too easy.

overall seen some great stuff from the video they were terrible though.also on sweden the track width was close to double of dirt rally.you could see on play back you could fit two stratos side by side.which i cant remember that in dirt rally.

as we get nearer release i do expect to see more media so hopefully we push a bit more of the sim side now aswell.

i know if i was doing it i would show one stage from each location rallied cleanly / decently with sim handling with different weather in each if possible. also on pc as graphically it should be better.


Where and who gets codes is down to our Publisher and not us. We are hoping to showcase some of the stuff that you guys have been asking for soon. I think @ChristinaMc maybe asking for requests on the lead up to this but I don't want to speak on her behalf as I am not 100% sure on the plans.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...