Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts







Watched the whole Gamekings footage and can't wait to see some actual sim channels get ahold of the game to try it out in this way. The game looks visually superb and the Your Stage tech looks seamless (though I'm curious as to how frequently that El Molar hairpin will crop up in Spain!), but so far this video adds to the illusion that the handling model is awful. I realise it's "Gamer" settings and I'm not the intended audience, but setting fastest sectors after rolling the car several times and driving Sweden like it's asphalt is just doing the opposite of making me hyped so far.

Again, I read above and I know this is the publisher's decision, but all I can see they're doing so far (for people who don't follow this forum) is serving to alienate people like myself brought back to the fold by DR. 

I like every screen I see of the game and, even if I don't 100% agree with them all, all the comments from the dev folk on here about the game's direction and am hoping to be excited by the footage soon, but I really hope you can wrangle some codes from the publishers for some PC sim channels (Jimmy Broadbent, ISR, Empty Box etc). I really want to make this my second ever pre-order (the first was TOCA World Touring Cars, so also CM!), am just waiting to see something, anything, that says "similar physics to DR but better aero" to me.

Hey, I bet DR was easier without idiots like me moaning before trying it out, right!? :tongue:

Last time I mention this for a few weeks, I promise, just wanted to put into words.






Might be a live DiRT Show soon. Might show all the stuff you wanna see. Maybe, who knows, etc


If you want to showcase the multiplayer, just let me know yeah? ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites
cheers ! @KickUp B)                                                                                                                                                            
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:



dgeesi0 said:


a little thing but will mute mp mics be in from the start ? this always seems to slip through in previous games and for mp its quite annoying. really looking forward to mp rallying with people.




Yes


Paul is very direct in his communication now as we're heading for launch ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:




tbtstt said:



Kris Meeke fears nothing...


....apart from finding the exit to spectator car parks. 






Heheh, we filmed his interview before that incident. 


Looking at some of the backdrop, my guess is the rallycross interviews are from Loheac @KickUp? 
Link to post
Share on other sites







tbtstt said:







KickUp said:










tbtstt said:






Kris Meeke fears nothing...


....apart from finding the exit to spectator car parks. 












Heheh, we filmed his interview before that incident. 








Looking at some of the backdrop, my guess is the rallycross interviews are from Loheac @KickUp? 






I think it's a green screen but I could be wrong!




Yeah, I think Meeke might be! The rallycross interviews look like they might be from Loheac though, the livery on the Chicherit MINI would fit for France as well.
Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:



P308R said:


Thanks Codemasters for making the wait even more difficult after seeing that trailer  >:)

@KickUp will the codriver stop taking during the replays?




Depends which camera you are in


Should have been more clear I see ;) In DR the copilote was active during the TV-Camera replay. Is this still the case or will the copilote enjoy the scenery only this time?
Link to post
Share on other sites

P308R said:



KickUp said:





P308R said:



Thanks Codemasters for making the wait even more difficult after seeing that trailer  >:)

@KickUp will the codriver stop taking during the replays?






Depends which camera you are in




Should have been more clear I see ;) In DR the copilote was active during the TV-Camera replay. Is this still the case or will the copilote enjoy the scenery only this time?



Naaaah. Co-driver was only heard in onboard cams and heli cam.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Trailer has messed up my mind. Thanks @bogani for pointing that out  :p  So question is will the codriver be off when we go to the choppah-view? 

Great to see I need 3 posts to get somewhere near of what I wanted to ask  :(
Link to post
Share on other sites

<3 Beautiful!                                                                                                                      



Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:

<3 Beautiful!                                                                                                                      





I'm glad this version is in instead of the DR one, much prettier front end :)
Link to post
Share on other sites

tbtstt said:











tbtstt said:









KickUp said:












tbtstt said:







Kris Meeke fears nothing...


....apart from finding the exit to spectator car parks. 














Heheh, we filmed his interview before that incident. 










Looking at some of the backdrop, my guess is the rallycross interviews are from Loheac @KickUp? 








I think it's a green screen but I could be wrong!






Yeah, I think Meeke might be! The rallycross interviews look like they might be from Loheac though, the livery on the Chicherit MINI would fit for France as well.


Oh sorry, didn't read the rallycross part xD 1 Stupid Point on my record!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, for all of you Gossipers who are also redditors, the incredible @versedi and his extraordinarily impressive internet skillz has re-skinned and revitalised https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/ - take a look and give it some love! :) 

Honestly though, massive thanks @versedi - I'm useless with HTML and you've made our subreddit look amazing - and a bazillion times better than P Cars' one. :P 
Link to post
Share on other sites

bogani said:

<3 Beautiful!                                                                                                                      





Nice work btw @urgaffel ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...