Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Meanwhile Thrustmaster shared this earlier today...

nice new livrery again  please add livrery  for 2000 , rgt , h1 , r5,  ( especially skoda , citroen ,peugeot ) r2 and h3 too because the dead head , united states livrery , rainbow  livrery is really ugly

edit :  ( for all car have not livrery and add new livrery  for the car have ugly  livrery )

Edited by gk9147
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 10:48 PM, PJTierney said:

Meanwhile Thrustmaster shared this earlier today...

we're over here overanalyzing every photo retweeted by the Dirt account and PJ is over here like.... "guys, look over here. you missed this..."

us: does it have any relation whatsoever to McRae or Subaru though?

(I haven't been around much because I am travelling)

1 hour ago, gfRally said:

Blown away by this news:

https://www.dirtfish.com/blog/dirtfish-and-world-rally-champion-ott-tanak-join-forces-for-2020/

They didn’t land on the moon with the first rocket ever made, but this is a good start to getting there.  - Yes I AM comparing the moonshot with getting WRC back in the US, its not going to be easy.

Hyundai  should really start an ad campaign featuring their WRC effort and showcasing their sporty cars  and start weaving it into US car commercials...……………….they sold like 700,000 cars in 2019 here 

Excellent news ,btw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

They don't slide like mad on tarmac which looks real. I don't know why every video here was Block style which doesn't make sense in real racing. Still I don't know how to properly drive WRX in DR2, but this looks fine.

1 hour ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I thought this was rather interesting considering the gossip surrounding possible Colin McRae tribute content in Dirt Rally 2.0 and the owner of one of the cars that CodeMasters supposedly recorded audio for certainly gets my attention:

https://www.dirtfish.com/blog/rallylegend-2017-a-tribute-to-colin-mcrae/

Steve Rimmer whispers in your ear (something is coming)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Social Media & Community Team
11 hours ago, FlatOverCrest said:

I thought this was rather interesting considering the gossip surrounding possible Colin McRae tribute content in Dirt Rally 2.0 and the owner of one of the cars that CodeMasters supposedly recorded audio for certainly gets my attention:

https://www.dirtfish.com/blog/rallylegend-2017-a-tribute-to-colin-mcrae/

I saw a Legacy on Friday, DirtFish had a display at Autosport International 🙂 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I noticed you keep putting SUBARU in capitals. Is this some kind of gossip clue or something? I’ve been out of practice with this whole gossip thing for a while.

It's just a habit of using their licensed name a lot. When you work with licensed brands (which I've done for 10+ years) it becomes a habit to use official names and capitalisation 🙂 

SUBARU is officially written in all caps 🙂 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It's just a habit of using their licensed name a lot. When you work with licensed brands (which I've done for 10+ years) it becomes a habit to use official names and capitalisation 🙂 

That level of detail, yet the Audi is wrongly named in the game :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Well, that’s my short lived return to gossiping over. 2020-2020 RIP

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney Any chances we get more reliable servers in the future? Those downtimes happen way to often and are by far the most annoying thing in this game.

(Don't know if the servers are back again, didn't played since the first reports.)

They're generally quite stable, however some complications after yesterday's big server maintenance (which affected all titles, not just DR2) lead to a little more instability than usual.

I believe the game's stable again right now, and IT's working on various things to ensure things are more reliable in general 🙂 

• Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1

So definitely no hillclimb

But rally cars and liveries seem to be confirmed though?

If I see the tweet from a few posts back, "something worth experiencing", does it mean there is a new Rally discipline added? For example Trophee Andros, or Rally-Raid cars (and trucks) with a kinda dessert stage or other baja. I hope @PJTierney not ment something Landrush. as we already experienced that in DiRT 4.

Edited by JorritVD
  • Disagree 1

So, another bit of news. Andrew Coley was today at Codemasters for some new recordings... (check his instagram stories).

So that could mean a few things, namely new RX content, or possible recording for the 2019 RX content videos for a 2019 WRX championship mod or something.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

So, another bit of news. Andrew Coley was today at Codemasters for some new recordings... (check his instagram stories).

So that could mean a few things, namely new RX content, or possible recording for the 2019 RX content videos for a 2019 WRX championship mod or something.

Just realized the WRX championship starts in April, which is spring too.
But I really hope the new content isn't just some kind of live competition based on realtime WRX events...

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Dytut said:

All I've noticed is that testers seem to be *reeeeeaaaaally* smug right now.

I take that as a good sign 😄 

As far as I know none of us have been testing anything at all though. So whatever comes is gonna be fresh and new to us as well :classic_tongue:

21 minutes ago, bogani said:

As far as I know none of us have been testing anything at all though. So whatever comes is gonna be fresh and new to us as well :classic_tongue:

You may not have tested anything, but I'd wager you know what is coming! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/14/2020 at 12:40 PM, PJTierney said:

*cough* maybe better than normal stability levels should be the goal here. They seem less stable than power supply in the Soviet block.

1 hour ago, Dytut said:

All I've noticed is that testers seem to be *reeeeeaaaaally* smug right now.

I take that as a good sign 😄 

What testers? You mean us? We're always smug though.

14 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

You may not have tested anything, but I'd wager you know what is coming! :classic_laugh:

Literally no idea. Other than a few sneak previews real early on, and I mean just pictures or words, we haven't gotten anything in terms of news for months. I can check the secret place, but typically we would all get tagged since we don't have any reason to visit it anymore.

*Edit, I'd say at best the last time we actually got anything somewhat gossipy was in June of last year in which PJ just said that basically tarmac physics are unlikely to change, due to the reworking of a bunch of other systems and them being busy with the GRID reboot. Like, big surprise there.

May 16th CMMcBabe asked for our opinions on the FFB changes. That's all. I don't believe that was an early release for us either, that's just when the FFB update happened.

April 16th I got in an argument with @dgeesi0 about his... umm... "unique" writing style I can't decipher, despite him being English.

And after looking through like 20 pages it's mainly been us quibbling about random things or bug reports. I'm thinking it's more like a year or more since we've actually been let in on something.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

It's Friday and I guess we get a new "normal" roadbook again from @PJTierney? Probably there won't be anything yet about the "Something is coming", but more about the DiRT World Series and part 2 of the 2019 World RX cars. Oh jah, maybe also about the upcoming update and patch notes, that is planned for around 21st of January, and maybe a screenshot from part 3 of the 2019 World RX cars.

-----------------

You are welcome 😛 

Edited by JorritVD

• The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • This topic was featured and unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned