Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip


MastaVonBlasta
 Share

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

I am not playing the game yet, but a post elsewhere on the forum seems to suggest that all the 2019 GRX drivers (i.e. Gronholm, Timur, Topi & Nitiss) are now all appearing in random cars. Pretty sure they weren't there before the patch...

 

...the ultimate troll, or groundwork for the i20? 

Cooolll 🙂 

------------------

DIRT RALLY 2.0 as PS PLUS GAME IN APRIL!!??

BTW

It seems Uncharted 4 and DiRT Rally 2.0 will be PlayStation Plus games in April. So in case if you were thinking to buy DR2.0 and have PS PLUS, than maybe better wait till april?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Whatever you do, don't buy Modern Warfare then. That looooves filling your hard drive up! 

I haven’t owned a call of duty for a loooong time! But yeah my internet can be pretty slow, up to 50% download now, maybe tomorrow. I’m still working at the moment, and pretty busy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Whatever you do, don't buy Modern Warfare then. That looooves filling your hard drive up! 

I haven’t owned a call of duty for a loooong time! But yeah my internet can be pretty slow, up to 50% download now, maybe tomorrow. I’m still working at the moment, and pretty busy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

I haven’t owned a call of duty for a loooong time! But yeah my internet can be pretty slow, up to 50% download now, maybe tomorrow. I’m still working at the moment, and pretty busy!

Modern Warfare is, in my personal opinion, the best CoD since MW2 (though I confess I have only briefly played the last couple). 

I started my download about an hour ago and it is yet to reach 10%, so it isn't looking good for me! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

DIRT RALLY 2.0 as PS PLUS GAME IN APRIL!!??

BTW

It seems Uncharted 4 and DiRT Rally 2.0 will be PlayStation Plus games in April. So in case if you were thinking to buy DR2.0 and have PS PLUS, than maybe better wait till april?

that might be nice. I just activated a PS plus membership a week ago so that I could play with a friend online (this was before I knew the internet where I'm staying at the moment would be terrible due to the very high demand).

on the other hand, it would very likely just be the base game though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, Simmerstyle said:

Now let's wait until they announce: something is coming this Summer

Heh.

Colin's the last big release, said that numerous times.

 

Also, here's 4 hours of me struggling to drive his cars 😄

 

 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Heh.

Colin's the last big release, said that numerous times.

 

Also, here's 4 hours of me struggling to drive his cars 😄

 

 

To bad, like with games like FIFA it won't get outdated specially with new content coming, but at least you can build further on the content released for the next Dirt version, like with dirt 2.0 upgrade the old tracks and release a few new.

Scotland is lovely, only next time develop the track when trees are't cut and lay at the roadsides and when stumps and rocks are removed or marked with big flags instead of hidden under the bush :classic_biggrin:

Such a pity, the moment you're brain is still in progress with did i hear: rocks inside and at the same time you notice you're inside...  

I've started with long ago with the first CMR, and CMR2, not sure if i played 3 or 4 as well, but then a long stop until Dirt 4 and now Dirt Rally 2, for sure will move on when the next edition will come. Keep up the good work 👌 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Modern Warfare is, in my personal opinion, the best CoD since MW2 (though I confess I have only briefly played the last couple). 

I started my download about an hour ago and it is yet to reach 10%, so it isn't looking good for me! 

For some reason my Xbox doesn’t seem to be doing automatic updates any more, but it has finished now. Looking forward to doing some rallying after work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

For some reason my Xbox doesn’t seem to be doing automatic updates any more, but it has finished now. Looking forward to doing some rallying after work!

Hurrah! With all day to complete the last couple of GB, mine will surely be finished by the time I get in... hopefully! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Simmerstyle said:

Now let's wait until they announce: something is coming this Summer

*Next Summer. I doubt it'll be this year, but it's possible.

 

21 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Whatever you do, don't buy Modern Warfare then. That looooves filling your hard drive up! 

I won't buy it because it's COD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Modern Warfare is, in my personal opinion, the best CoD since MW2 (though I confess I have only briefly played the last couple). 

I started my download about an hour ago and it is yet to reach 10%, so it isn't looking good for me! 

I've played every one from the beginning of the franchise up until Black Ops when it got too stupid, boring, tedious, and repetitive. I haven't liked a single one of them. Good thing I only played them on other peoples systems.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, James McAdam said:

I have not them 😩

 

7 minutes ago, tjetfiat said:

Do you "owned" them? If yes, begin a championship with the 2018, then choose abandon championship, start a new, and you will see them. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oliver Bennett organized an online RX event. I joined and had amazing fight with him for the event win. I was TQ, than Oli won the semi, and in the final I managed a good exit at T1 to get the lead and get P1, in front of Oli, and @EvansR5 getting P3 in the final. Thanks @James McAdam for the record from Oil’s Twitch. My video of the final will come later 🙂 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

You are right @James McAdam: I was sure you could do Masters in 2019 cars, but I just tried to start a new Championship and it is 2018 cars only! 

Start a new championship. Then press abandon championship. Start a new championship again and you will see them. In master level we have only the 2018 - 2019 RX cars. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tjetfiat said:

Start a new championship. Then press abandon championship. Start a new championship again and you will see them. In master level we have only the 2018 - 2019 RX cars. 

Don't you get demoted a level if you abandon a Championship? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Don't you get demoted a level if you abandon a Championship? 

No friend, you don't. I was having the same problem with you and one friend from here, shows me this way. Now i have in Masters level 2018 - 2019 RX cars. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Oliver Bennett organized an online RX event. I joined and had amazing fight with him for the event win. I was TQ, than Oli won the semi, and in the final I managed a good exit at T1 to get the lead and get P1, in front of Oli, and @EvansR5 getting P3 in the final. Thanks @James McAdam for the record from Oil’s Twitch. My video of the final will come later 🙂 

 

Your first corner was a perfect rallycross one. Well done @JorritVD

I hope to be able to join the race with you next time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

When I think of Ford I always think of two things: the TV series the professionals and the Ford Escort mk2 RS 20000
Both are absolute cult for me

http://www.sandmanns-welt.de/taunus-granada-escort-na-klar-die-profis/

image.png

and as a Rally Car

image.png.7a3cff531b62abfd52c3476a2ca83cae.png


The Ford Capri is also a dream car for me

image.png.7628c9e04f2b3168e67a6f44dffd080f.png

image.thumb.png.341e2cb358529b555b6ebbd6aa0f7d50.png

image.thumb.png.7a8cc36c09d2ca6f146f0ad548605397.png

The RS2000 also featured heavily in early Rallycross. I went to Lydden Hill when on holiday once and there were 2 of them in liveries for Lois jeans, I think Jenson Button's dad was also competing there in his Beetle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, James McAdam said:

Your first corner was a perfect rallycross one. Well done @JorritVD

I hope to be able to join the race with you next time.

 

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, great driving from @JorritVD. Looked like Bennett was getting a bit desperate in the end there...

Thanks. It was pretty intense and i was quite nervous during the event, just trying to avoid the stone tyre barriers. I made a small mistake at the final chicane, that's why it seemed Bennett was a bit desperate.

Btw, here my video:

On wednesday (March 25th, 2020) real WRX driver Oliver Bennett hosted a online World Rallycross Supercar event. Bennett and me gave the audience an amazing show. 

The four qualifying sessions were already Xite'd and close racing. Where Bennett beat me in Q1 and Q2, I managed to win heats 3 and 4 to get TQ (top qualifier). Bennett got P3 after the qualifying sessions, meaning we started next to each other in the semis.

The semis were chaotic. Me and Bennett touched each other at T1, meaning I couldn't managed to turn into T1. After a fightback from last position, i managed to get still P2 behind Bennett who managed to win the semi. 

Starting the final from the third position, I had an awesome exit at T1, to get in front of everyone. Me and Bennett didn't gave any laptime to each other, meaning it all came down to my joker on the last lap...

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, James McAdam said:

This guy never looks behind him. I don't know how you do that @JorritVD :classic_laugh:

I think you've only look back after that joker merge.

This is something I learned from my old go-karting days. Rather focus to the front than get distracted looking back and miss your braking point.
Next to that, if you pretty much on the limit, the guy behind you almost can't pass anyway other than a divebomb from a to big distance.
Next to that I think I have a pretty much well awereness what happens around me from real racing and from sim-racing (did a lot of GT season at EEC, some old videos from it are on my YouTube still)

1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

damn @JorritVD that was a hell of a race. Didn't expect to see such a shootout on those final few corners

Thanks 🙂

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Janneman60 said:

Maybe missed something, but why can't I save a setup for Scotland on a well used car, there is no slot left for it. Maybe in 1.14 @PJTierney ?

there's a limit of 8 setup slots for each surface type, which is a bit annoying. for RX there's not enough for all the tracks either.

 

in other news, I started the group a weekly event in scotland just now. first stage I was slow, then there was a service station and I was able to repair everything. on the next two I got overconfident and it didn't go so well. I went from a perfect car to this in two stages.

but I loved every second of it. these roads are awesome.

20200326155853_1.thumb.jpg.20ef0922705ee297ff90c29ff7c87e25.jpg

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ianism said:

there's a limit of 8 setup slots for each surface type, which is a bit annoying. for RX there's not enough for all the tracks either.

 

in other news, I started the group a weekly event in scotland just now. first stage I was slow, but on the next two I got overconfident. it didn't go so well:

but I loved every second of it. these roads are awesome.

20200326155853_1.thumb.jpg.20ef0922705ee297ff90c29ff7c87e25.jpg

Scotland has immediately taken the spot of wrecking yard from Finland, at least for me. The margin for error in those stages is NON-EXISTENT. It must be so satisfying to get a stage right, I imagine (I have no clue because I keep sending it into a tree)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, carpa said:

Scotland has immediately taken the spot of wrecking yard from Finland, at least for me. The margin for error in those stages is NON-EXISTENT. It must be so satisfying to get a stage right, I imagine (I have no clue because I keep sending it into a tree)

ya for sure. I haven't actually driven in Finland as much as most other locations, but Scotland is worse, for sure.

this was my bill after of the event:

20200326171615_1.thumb.jpg.9ce5f1995d9f4a9f5febdae31efc33c4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...