Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

13 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

IF CM gets into the habit of releasing just a few tracks to later sell older ones as DLC that's not going to go over very well. Unless the next game is in a new engine, they have little reason to do so either.

As to other forms of DiRTy motorsport, I really liked the variety that the first 3 Dirt games offered. I like Baja trucks and dune buggies, but D4 was pretty **** with only what, 3? and they only raced on the boring small circuit stages. If they had more content like the original title with Kamaz trucks, Baja, etc. I'd be all for it. 

Wasn't there a thing recently that Milestone lost the WRC license, or am I crazy?

Dirt 2 and 3 all had no service park and the tracks were much too short
The best part I think is Colin McRae Dirt that you can still play from time to time

3 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

Dirt 2 and 3 all had no service park and the tracks were much too short
The best part I think is Colin McRae Dirt that you can still play from time to time

Dirt 2 had the menu system that everyone hated so they reverted and removed it from Dirt 3. Not that it's essential. The rally tracks actually weren't too bad. But this argument is flawed, just because an older title didn't have current features doesn't mean a new entry won't. Unless you mean they were worse games, in which I still disagree. There's was plenty to do in the other motorsports in D2 and D3. Gymkhana was fun, but it's major downfall was the campaign forced it on people.

• Agree 4

• Social Media & Community Team
16 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Ah, guess that would be this then*?...

* Apologies everyone for tainting the mighty DiRT thread with inferior motorsport. 

Yes, I'm helping out on bits and bobs for F1 2020; for announce I helped make the thumbnail for the trailer, adopting FOM styling (F1 game's YouTube didn't use many custom thumbnails before).

Nothing as in-depth (yet) as what I did on DiRT Rally 2.0, but over time my focus will shift more towards F1 this year.

15 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

It would be cool if a older Colin McRae Game  would join the next Dirt Rally game as a bonus

I may be getting this wrong, but I feel that after Colin passed there was some sort of agreement between Codemasters and his estate to not have his name as the title of a full game anymore.

To my knowledge the FLAT OUT Pack is the first time his name's been used for a major gaming content piece of any kind since Colin McRae: DiRT.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I may be getting this wrong, but I feel that after Colin passed there was some sort of agreement between Codemasters and his estate to not have his name as the title of a full game anymore.

To my knowledge the FLAT OUT Pack is the first time his name's been used for a major gaming content piece of any kind since Colin McRae: DiRT.

So with other words older games where "Colin" is in the title may not be marketed again ?

16 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:

So with other words older games where "Colin" is in the title may not be marketed again ?

I didn't say that specifically, moreso that I don't think we'll see a new "Colin McRae" game for quite a while.

Then again, who knows. FLAT OUT showed there's still a lot of love out there for Colin 🙂 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

DiRT 2 used his name in the title as well @PJTierney, it was dropped for DiRT 3. 

Whether it was by agreement or not, I was glad to see the name removed: I personally think it would have cheapened it if they had continued to attach his name to games that he obviously had no involvement with. 

I think the inclusion of classic McRae liveries is a nice way to maintain a connection to the previous games and the DR2.0 tribute is, in my opinion, very tastefully done. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Why should CM use the name of Colin McRae again in a games title?

It is a while since he sadly lost his life and inbetween there is a new generation who would ask "Colin who?" If you missed the great years of Colin driving it won't appeal to you.

Let his name and also the games series be a good memory, bringing his name back in a new game won't never ever add something to that!

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Janneman60 said:

Why should CM use the name of Colin McRae again in a games title?

It is a while since he sadly lost his life and inbetween there is a new generation who would ask "Colin who?" If you missed the great years of Colin driving it won't appeal to you.

Let his name and also the games series be a good memory, bringing his name back in a new game won't never ever add something to that! 

That's not the point, I just suggested that there are older games as a bonus in the next Dirt Rally.
But this is not possible because the previous games are called Colin McRae, so apart from the Dirt Games

Edited by gleylancer571

7 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

Dirt 2 and 3 have great locations: Kenya, Malaysia or Croatia but the stages are much too short and the Service Park is missing.

Dirt 2 had the menu system that everyone hated so they reverted and removed it from Dirt 3. Not that it's essential. The rally tracks actually weren't too bad. But this argument is flawed, just because an older title didn't have current features doesn't mean a new entry won't. Unless you mean they were worse games, in which I still disagree. There's was plenty to do in the other motorsports in D2 and D3. Gymkhana was fun, but it's major downfall was the campaign forced it on people.

5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Whether it was by agreement or not, I was glad to see the name removed: I personally think it would have cheapened it if they had continued to attach his name to games that he obviously had no involvement with. 

Meanwhile somewhere Tom Clancy is spinning in his grave.

• Agree 1

On 4/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, gleylancer571 said:

Although I'm a bad driver I made it with the Porsche 911 at the GT event in winning class 2 and by the way in group B RWD I get along best with the Lancia 037

i think i can answer these

• yes
  • wrc makes their own games where they have a lot of creative control. also, the relationship between CM and the WRC seems to be ... not great.
  • very, very unlikely
  • probably not
8 hours ago, tbtstt said:

DiRT 2 used his name in the title as well @PJTierney, it was dropped for DiRT 3. 

I think the inclusion of classic McRae liveries is a nice way to maintain a connection to the previous games and the DR2.0 tribute is, in my opinion, very tastefully done. 

yeah, I suspect that likely happened because they had already agreed to use his name for Dirt 2 before he died. so while his name is in the official title, it's quite de-emphasized in the media for the game as well as in the game itself.

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

His name has been attached to some great things... and a whole lot of rubbish! 

really? what great things? I read one of his books as a teenager and it remains one of the worst pieces of literature I've ever encountered. and that includes a Star Wars novel or two...

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, ianism said:

i think i can answer these

• yes
  • wrc makes their own games where they have a lot of creative control. also, the relationship between CM and the WRC seems to be ... not great.
  • very, very unlikely
  • probably not

I don't see any connection why I drove in winning class two at these GT events

Edited by gleylancer571
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Interesting how DiRT Rally 2.0 became a PS Plus game gives especially this YT video of mine a huge increase of views 😮 

image.thumb.png.28e1cfa5977744a0d990d65f6375a8f1.png

I'm seeing the same on my tutorial videos from launch day, big bump.

42 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

6 daily challenges and 3 of them are h2 rwd 😕

yes unfortunately but seen over the whole week every vehicle class has come

But look at the weekly events..... two times group B...
I hope the next monthly and weekly events are more varied

Edited by gleylancer571

17 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

I don't see any connection why I drove in winning class two at these GT events

I don't see any connection between what I said about cm + wrc and what you said about.... whatever it is you're talking about

what the hell are you talking about?

what does a video comparing Dirt games have anything to do with the wrc license?

also, why do you keep downvoting me for no apparent reason?

Edited by ianism
  • Haha 1

unfortunately the Porsche is only a concept car and the development has been stopped

Too expensive, too little interest

Apparently the moderate customer interest has led to a rethink among those responsible in Weissach. The hoped-for 150 to 200 units of the mid-engine sports car, which cost around 200,000 euros, were out of reach. Before burning money unnecessarily, the board stopped the development of the half-finished R-GT-Cayman.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/motorsport/porsche-cayman-gt4-clubsport-rallye-studie/

Weekly Events Group B Germany
I drove my Audi and had until stage 8 485km on the speedometer when I wanted to go to the service park, the server didn't want to
I went to the main menu and when I started stage 9 I suddenly had 1183km on the speedometer 🤬

I had the same thing with the Subaru S4, there were also server problems and I suddenly had 1000km on the speedo
I'll buy the Audi now but not again

• Confused 1

On 4/17/2020 at 11:33 AM, PJTierney said:

I'm seeing the same on my tutorial videos from launch day, big bump.

Me Too, especially my "Tips for Newcomers" Video went through the roof, it's approaching 100k Views now 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2020 at 11:07 AM, gleylancer571 said:

@JZStudiosYou repeat the exact same thing you wrote 20 hours ago

Well you did it first, so I jest responded in kind. I guess I could've slightly reworded it, but the general gist is the same.

On 4/17/2020 at 4:31 AM, danielofifi said:

I want this in the next Dirt Rally https://www.autoevolution.com/news/porsche-911-gt3-rally-car-has-an-exoskeleton-for-days-142749.html

What would you say about a feature similar to Vision Gran Turismo projects?

That's a render. And not a very good one, the UV mapping on that bumper bar is horrible.

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, tonzboher said:

7:09 mins of absolute brilliance in car control, commitment and speed! 🙈😁

One of my all time favourite onboard clips. The commitment from McRae in Wales that year was absolutely staggering...

...though, given how aggressively he was driving, it is no surprise it ended the way it did. 

212ac2330_ColinMcRae-RallyGB-2001_014_89

2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

One of my all time favourite onboard clips. The commitment from McRae in Wales that year was absolutely staggering...

...though, given how aggressively he was driving, it is no surprise it ended the way it did. 

212ac2330_ColinMcRae-RallyGB-2001_014_89

Very true, that in car footage gives me chills when I watch it, people can say what they like and how things ended up 2 stages later but Colin was well fired up for it, pity it just didn’t end up differently. 😢

• Agree 1

On 4/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, somethingthing said:

6 daily challenges and 3 of them are h2 rwd 😕

..and today 3 out of 7 are in germany and 2 are in Spain. The ones in Germany are even in the same class (r5). Theres 12 locations in the game...

Edited by somethingthing

35 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

Very true, that in car footage gives me chills when I watch it, people can say what they like and how things ended up 2 stages later but Colin was well fired up for it, pity it just didn’t end up differently. 😢

Yeah. What is perhaps most frustrating about that year is that Makinen was already out of the running, so McRae didn't need to be driving at 110%...

...but of course the reason he was so spectacular to watch, is because that was frequently the only pace he ever drove at! 

If you compare the onboard you posted with other onboard clips from the same event, Colin was making some ridiculous cuts on some corners, in several cases he is 4-6 feet further into the verge. 

39 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

You’ll have to go educate yourself @PJTierney 97-2005 was the best period in WRC, before all the Sebastian started dominating 

'95-'00 is the peak for me. The cars and drivers in the late Group A/early WRCar era, at both the WRC and National level, was an absolutely golden era of rallying in my personal opinion. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

'95-'00 is the peak for me. The cars and drivers in the late Group A/early WRCar era, at both the WRC and National level, was an absolutely golden era of rallying in my personal opinion. 

I would agree with you 100%. Even on national events, especially here in Ireland, the amount of WRC cars was ridiculous. The new cars are amazing but you will never seen them in privateers hands really. Plus the tv coverage was much better back in the day too, don’t like the new format.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

I would agree with you 100%. Even on national events, especially here in Ireland, the amount of WRC cars was ridiculous. The new cars are amazing but you will never seen them in privateers hands really. Plus the tv coverage was much better back in the day too, don’t like the new format.

Funnily enough, when I said "National level" Ireland was exactly where I had in mind! I absolutely love the Irish Tarmac Championship - both then and now - but the depth and quality of the field in the late 90's/early '00's was incredible. 

The '00's were pretty damn awesome in Ireland as well, so much WRC machinery passed through. 

On 4/18/2020 at 12:50 PM, gleylancer571 said:

Weekly Events Group B Germany
I drove my Audi and had until stage 8 485km on the speedometer when I wanted to go to the service park, the server didn't want to
I went to the main menu and when I started stage 9 I suddenly had 1183km on the speedometer 🤬

I had the same thing with the Subaru S4, there were also server problems and I suddenly had 1000km on the speedo
I'll buy the Audi now but not again

yeah it's some sort of ... I don't actually know. it happened once to me last summer with the M1 (went from ~180km to 475km), and also today (but only added about 10km to my Mitsu R5)

6 hours ago, somethingthing said:

..and today 3 out of 7 are in germany and 2 are in Spain. The ones in Germany are even in the same class (r5). Theres 12 locations in the game...

ahem, there are 13 now 😉 

2 hours ago, JanBradáč said:

ah, awesome! these are really fun even though I'm bad.

they really need an editor for the english version of that article though. it's not got spelling mistakes, but there's a lot of typos and stuff. kind of weird for an official release, but then I guess not that many people read it in english so it probably doesn't matter 😅

• The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned