Jump to content Jump to content

Evilsmurf said:
Well that's fine then as i'm going to Newcastle this weekend to get very drunk with old internet friends :) and would hate to miss anything!

Isn't it great to know that the release is planned around our lives? :P I was away for the Easter weekend and the team was kind enough not to ship the game to shops at the time, so that I wouldn't miss out :)     Last time a DiRT game came out I had to get married and couldn't play as much as I wanted ;]

Another week has passed with no new news on the F1 game or the DiRT game. There were hints on the F1 side that some vids/new info will be released next week, so we may be in for another quiet week for the DiRTy side... Unless my prediction is correct :P
Codemasters don't know the release dates to that accuracy this long before the release. Hell, F1 2015 is still june sometime and that is announced.

My guess is the codes are the reference codes for the cars they are going to include, so #108 will refer to one car, #128 another. There's a few reasons why you might want to refer to them as codes rather than the actual name of the car.

So you lot will say, that means there must be 100+ cars in the game. But no. Because when I number stuff I often start at 100 or 1000. Or the list of car codes includes all previous cars such as ones used in Dirt and Grid as well.
I think this whole 3 is the magic number is just a big curve ball.  I think its really pointing to Colin McRae Rally 4 I think a lot of evidence is now pointing to this.  I am also predicting that DiRT may not be in the title at all, unless its a combo of DiRT: Colin McRae Rally 4 and we will see a further split of the DiRT series adding other titles like DiRT: Showdown 2 (only an example, I hope never).  

I'm an idiot.  I wonder if they have xbox in nursing homes these days, because my dementia is kicking in early.
gfRally said:
I think this was missed:

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/585817473800372224

Could this possibly be game related?

Hmm, it may well be. First bit of gossip I think I've ever thought of, but this could be cool...

If the World Rallycross Championship is part of the game, then I wonder whether they could be planning on having some event at the French round of the championship, which happens to be on the 6th September! So he was gonna fill in the 6th September but then accidentally wrote France instead as that's where it's possibly gonna be?!
I think @gfRally has figured out the meaning of #108.

April 18th is the 108th day of the year, and 'coincidentally' the day @KickUp and @JonTucker make an exciting comeback to rally stages with their DiRTy Scooby.

So either @justbiglee was showing his excitement of the above occasion (I think he's going to spectate) or... and here's the more wishful thinking type opnion... the car will be covered in branding of the new game and some information will be released either that day or soon after! :P

In any case it will be great to see the guys back on stages. Hopefully, they'll keep up the good standard of onboard footage :)

Maybe they should do an FY Racing style video, where @justbiglee is the team motivational speaker and motivates the team to forget the rally and go to the pub?

Maybe they should do an FY Racing style video, where @justbiglee is the team motivational speaker and motivates the team to forget the rally and go to the pub?
This^

DIRTy update time! Here's what I've been up to this week!

Monday - Bank Holiday - I spent most of Monday in my jammies enjoying the day off

Tuesday - Sending over all the feedback for the DiRT 3 Complete Edition and trying to help get the info the team needed to try and fix this bloody FFB bug that came out of nowhere (It's fixed now, we're just testing it and I'll have more info on a patch next week)

Wednesday - I spent in studio at my new desk near Paul and Darren, I got so much stuff done!

Thursday - I knew I'd get nothing done today, its like the universe was messing with for all the stuff I got done the day before! read: I was doing F1 stuff. Though I did have a very cool call with a pretty awesome dude at Logitech which was DiRT related.

Today - Finishing up a thing from Wednesday, the new guy showed me a plan thing he'd been working on this week, then there was the Codies Blog and I had to rewire up the new racing room today because they made us move all the stuff. I seem to have lost a set of Thrustmaster pedals in the process and broken a fan in a PC.

This weekend I'll be trying to disconnect and chill out but I will be livestreaming some more DiRT 3 tomorrow and Sunday... oh and my little gadget that'll let me plug my PlayStation 1 into my streaming kit turned up.

This^

DIRTy update time! Here's what I've been up to this week!

Monday - Bank Holiday - I spent most of Monday in my jammies enjoying the day off

Tuesday - Sending over all the feedback for the DiRT 3 Complete Edition and trying to help get the info the team needed to try and fix this bloody FFB bug that came out of nowhere (It's fixed now, we're just testing it and I'll have more info on a patch next week)

Wednesday - I spent in studio at my new desk near Paul and Darren, I got so much stuff done!

Thursday - I knew I'd get nothing done today, its like the universe was messing with for all the stuff I got done the day before! read: I was doing F1 stuff. Though I did have a very cool call with a pretty awesome dude at Logitech which was DiRT related.

Today - Finishing up a thing from Wednesday, the new guy showed me a plan thing he'd been working on this week, then there was the Codies Blog and I had to rewire up the new racing room today because they made us move all the stuff. I seem to have lost a set of Thrustmaster pedals in the process and broken a fan in a PC.

This weekend I'll be trying to disconnect and chill out but I will be livestreaming some more DiRT 3 tomorrow and Sunday... oh and my little gadget that'll let me plug my PlayStation 1 into my streaming kit turned up.
Check in the photo, next to the yellow oil drum.
Anyone else noticed that the DiRT section of the forum has been moved above the Grid section?
This is huge! :O And I really mean it! Surely this means DiRT is next in line for release - but that's not very surprising. Or is because Steamworks DiRT was just released? 

This could mean very little or very much! (today I'm Captain Obvious) 
http://www.bigredbarrel.com/blog/2015/04/brbuk137/

Interesting stuff about the new engine, entirely rebuilt handling and physics etc.
Interesting... And I agree completely with @justbiglee about how driving is, in itself, really easy. I even do some no-hands driving on some of the side-roads... and I've did a little over a couple of speedbreakers just yesterday... and I've driven hands-free once or twice on a main road...

Wow, that sounds dangerous! I should probably stop... or not... or stop... or not... or stop... or not... or stop... or not...
789ifyz said:
http://www.bigredbarrel.com/blog/2015/04/brbuk137/

Interesting stuff about the new engine, entirely rebuilt handling and physics etc.
Interesting... And I agree completely with @justbiglee about how driving is, in itself, really easy. I even do some no-hands driving on some of the side-roads... and I've did a little over a couple of speedbreakers just yesterday... and I've driven hands-free once or twice on a main road...

Wow, that sounds dangerous! I should probably stop... or not... or stop... or not... or stop... or not... or stop... or not...
Also agree that driving fast is, indeed, difficult, which is a reasonably obvious fact.

It's basically like how some idiots sometime blast down the North Circular at or over Motorway speeds, randomly changing lanes without indicating, weaving through traffic, seemingly intentionally avoiding any empty lanes they may find...

Only with more precision, on narrower, twistier roads and in more powerful cars...