Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney

 

Recommended Posts










KickUp said:











@KickUp, you have added the feature of driving up to the marshal at the time control at the end of the stage.
Are you planning to expand on that feature?
- Driving from the time control up to the start line.
- Driving out of your area in the service park to the exit.
- Entering the service park, getting your car washed and drive to your area in the service park.

That would be amazing to have. That's my opinion though but what do you guys think?








Would be cool but I'd rather focus on more locations. 











That meme doesn't make sense....


the location DLC train is started after  His comment
Link to post
Share on other sites

@KickUp

In several videos I've seen of Spain there were a couple of junctions that had gravel but those were not in the trajectory of the main stage. May I assume that your team is testing with mixed surfaces for YS? Or do I see things that are not there?
Link to post
Share on other sites



versedi said:








edgenz said:












dgeesi0 said:







wonder which location would / could be added in the future.














New Zealand, of course! A CMR classic, rich with history, WRC return imminent, thriving and passionate rally community, rugged ocean-side farmland, mountains, forest, smooth flowing gravel with glorious, glorious camber - absolutely ripe for a return to the series. You know you want to @KickUp....





I have to disagree on that one.

Too similar to Michigan IMHO.

I'd rather have something completely different, eg. Japan.



Michigan and NZ are similar in that they're both gravel :) otherwise they're very, very different. I understand the sentiment around wanting variety though. I like the Irish Tarmac or Isle of Man ideas. Argentina would be sweet too - the variety of surface available could be great in YourStage
Link to post
Share on other sites


edgenz said:






versedi said:










edgenz said:














dgeesi0 said:








wonder which location would / could be added in the future.
















New Zealand, of course! A CMR classic, rich with history, WRC return imminent, thriving and passionate rally community, rugged ocean-side farmland, mountains, forest, smooth flowing gravel with glorious, glorious camber - absolutely ripe for a return to the series. You know you want to @KickUp....






I have to disagree on that one.

Too similar to Michigan IMHO.

I'd rather have something completely different, eg. Japan.








Michigan and NZ are similar in that they're both gravel :) otherwise they're very, very different. I understand the sentiment around wanting variety though. I like the Irish Tarmac or Isle of Man ideas. I'd go similarly crazy for Argentina as I would NZ. The variety of surface available in argey could be great in YourStage


They both have this reddish gravel.
They both have a lot of long straights and light, fast curves.
They are pretty identical in term of road wideness.
Road characteristics are very similar.

Differences:
NZ is a lot more opened area
Michigan is pretty much a forest


Irish rally on tarmac wouldn't be bad but when Im able to choose, I'll always choose gravel or mixed.

I'll stick to Japan, mainly because of:
- No licensing problems involved,
- Tight, bump, wet roads
- Possibility of mixed surfaces
- It was awesome in RBR


Argentina wouldn't be bad as well though ;)
Link to post
Share on other sites



KevM said:



Just a Fortnight to go... :)                                



TIL, there's an English word for "In 2 weeks".

How a Fort-night is 2 weeks? What's the genesis of this word?
NVM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnight

Link to post
Share on other sites

versedi said:




edgenz said:








versedi said:












edgenz said:
















dgeesi0 said:









wonder which location would / could be added in the future.


















New Zealand, of course! A CMR classic, rich with history, WRC return imminent, thriving and passionate rally community, rugged ocean-side farmland, mountains, forest, smooth flowing gravel with glorious, glorious camber - absolutely ripe for a return to the series. You know you want to @KickUp....







I have to disagree on that one.

Too similar to Michigan IMHO.

I'd rather have something completely different, eg. Japan.










Michigan and NZ are similar in that they're both gravel :) otherwise they're very, very different. I understand the sentiment around wanting variety though. I like the Irish Tarmac or Isle of Man ideas. I'd go similarly crazy for Argentina as I would NZ. The variety of surface available in argey could be great in YourStage



They both have this reddish gravel.
They both have a lot of long straights and light, fast curves.
They are pretty identical in term of road wideness.
Road characteristics are very similar.

Differences:
NZ is a lot more opened area
Michigan is pretty much a forest


Irish rally on tarmac wouldn't be bad but when Im able to choose, I'll always choose gravel or mixed.

I'll stick to Japan, mainly because of:
- No licensing problems involved,
- Tight, bump, wet roads
- Possibility of mixed surfaces
- It was awesome in RBR


Argentina wouldn't be bad as well though ;)


When it comes to licensing they could use any location they want as long it's not modeled after an actual road used in the WRC.

What we really miss now is a slow rough rally. Another tarmac rally would also fit nicely.
Link to post
Share on other sites

P308R said:


@KickUp

In several videos I've seen of Spain there were a couple of junctions that had gravel but those were not in the trajectory of the main stage. May I assume that your team is testing with mixed surfaces for YS? Or do I see things that are not there?


Nope these are farm roads and are there to place the stage better in the terrain. 
Link to post
Share on other sites



versedi said:
They both have this reddish gravel.
They both have a lot of long straights and light, fast curves.
They are pretty identical in term of road wideness.
Road characteristics are very similar.

Differences:
NZ is a lot more opened area
Michigan is pretty much a forest


Irish rally on tarmac wouldn't be bad but when Im able to choose, I'll always choose gravel or mixed.

I'll stick to Japan, mainly because of:
- No licensing problems involved,
- Tight, bump, wet roads
- Possibility of mixed surfaces
- It was awesome in RBR


Argentina wouldn't be bad as well though ;)






What is this red gravel pish you speak of? Our gravel is proudly brown and grey thank you very much :P
Camber and flow in a beautiful environment is what makes NZ unique. Definitely get where you're coming from re road width and fast straights - but NZs cambered corners, flow and environment aren't comparible to what I've seen of Michigan or anything else in D4. 

5:40 in for the vibes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AT51gc79D24

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo8u2TSxHVA
Link to post
Share on other sites
isle of man tt course could be nice addition instead of pikes peak. or any hillclimb in euro places.still many games dont cater for this and its one of the most exciting and fast parts of motorsport.

i would personally they add something new which could be built on in the future. so Euro hillclimb would be my addition.plus there loads of locations in nice locations for the team to Holiday in. :D
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hope I can get an answer about this, I pre-ordered Dirt 4 through Humble Bundle (I get 10% off for being a monthly subscriber).  But, I didn't get a steam key it just says it will be ready for download when it releases.  Will I still get the pre-order perks if I didn't buy directly through Steam?
Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp a question I wasn't able to have answered from a month or so ago because reasons:

Will there be a way for your crew to suggest tunes based on the track and or driver style? Ie, Michigan vs. Sweden would be very different suspension set up. And your crew could suggest having your car set up for the current stage? 

Also, do I remember being able to share tunes to other players this go round?
Link to post
Share on other sites
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331858246891/dirt-4-tips-and-tricks-tutorial-ps4-xbox-one-pc

If you’re racing in Sweden, at night, with snow under your wheels and heavy rain on your windscreen then the absolute last thing you want to do is find yourself without headlights. Any knock into a trackside pile of snow and ice, or nearby trees, has the potential to dramatically reduce your already compromised visibility and ruin any chance of getting onto the podium.

No more switching headlights off to have a better visibility? 
Link to post
Share on other sites


KickUp said:








@KickUp, you have added the feature of driving up to the marshal at the time control at the end of the stage.
Are you planning to expand on that feature?
- Driving from the time control up to the start line.
- Driving out of your area in the service park to the exit.
- Entering the service park, getting your car washed and drive to your area in the service park.

That would be amazing to have. That's my opinion though but what do you guys think?






Would be cool but I'd rather focus on more locations. 




Sure, focus on more locations for Dirt .... 4? :smiley: For a future title you might consider implementing it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

tbtstt said:

Irish tarmac would be my preference: silly fast and very narrow!



[wishlist]

Ireland wouldn't be my first choice, but with the improved tarmac physics I'd pick a tarmac location for sure. At the moment, there are three gravel and one tarmac and I wouldn't say Spain is particularly typical of tarmac rallying - I would love to see Ypres, Zlin, Valais, Mosel or, indeed, Ireland added.

[/wishlist]
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...