Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

With the careervideos coming in I really stop watching. From this I don't want anything spoiled. Would it be possible for those who have early access add a spoilertag to anything career related in D4? I like to be in the gossipthread but I am afraid to find out stuff I don't want to. Maybe a D4 spoiler thread itself would be an option?

Just a thought  :)
P308R said:
With the careervideos coming in I really stop watching. From this I don't want anything spoiled. Would it be possible for those who have early access add a spoilertag to anything career related in D4? I like to be in the gossipthread but I am afraid to find out stuff I don't want to. Maybe a D4 spoiler thread itself would be an option?

I'm scratching my head trying to think of where there could be spoilers in a racing game (aside from the backs of the cars). Does Neil Cole get killed by S. (Sephiroth) Alvarez? Is Nicky Grist Andrew Ryan all along ("Would you kindly pull up to the marshal")? At the end of the game does Jen Horsey take off her helmet to reveal she's female?
dwkGravey said:
P308R said:

I'm scratching my head trying to think of where there could be spoilers in a racing game (aside from the backs of the cars). Does Neil Cole get killed by S. (Sephiroth) Alvarez? Is Nicky Grist Andrew Ryan all along ("Would you kindly pull up to the marshal")? At the end of the game does Jen Horsey take off her helmet to reveal she's female?
There's actually a career mode this time, something completely different then dirt rally. Some don't want to see any of that until they play. And then there's dirt fish rally school and joy ride. Something that's 100% new. 
dwkGravey said:
I'm scratching my head trying to think of where there could be spoilers in a racing game (aside from the backs of the cars).
The career stages are the same for everyone, so that's one reason why one would want to avoid any career footage. You know, to retain that rally experience to the fullest.
dgeesi0 said:
just drove the 037 so easy compared to dirt rally.
Hmm. Just watched Porks 037 footage in Wales. Just as with the 2001 Impreza it almost feels like there is no wheel spin at all. You can yell "throttle control" all you want. It just looks a bit odd.

Did they tone down the gravel spray sounds btw??
bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
Hmm. Just watched Porks 037 footage in Wales. Just as with the 2001 Impreza it almost feels like there is no wheel spin at all. You can yell "throttle control" all you want. It just looks a bit odd.

When I watch videos of Dirt Rally, it always looks like it's much easier than it actually is. It's hard to see what exactly is going on in terms of throttle/brake control. I imagine it's the same with Dirt 4. I find it strange that so many people are already "judging" the physics from watching video, having not played the game yet.
BadD0g said:
bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:

When I watch videos of Dirt Rally, it always looks like it's much easier than it actually is. It's hard to see what exactly is going on in terms of throttle/brake control. I imagine it's the same with Dirt 4. I find it strange that so many people are already "judging" the physics from watching video, having not played the game yet.
Not judging anything until I try it out myself and I totally agree that it can look quite different than what it actually feels like. 
To be fair, the 037 in Dirt 4 is indeed easier to drive than the one in DR - but it does slap you around if you get cocky. One moment you're heading down the road, the next you're facing the forest. Throttle control still applies. The default setup makes it kind of understeery though.