Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip


MastaVonBlasta
 Share

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, maybe a chance for a Codies rally game in early 2023?
EA-Q4.jpg

 

Originally the new WRC was planned for 2024, though with the cancelation (assumend) of Dirt Rally 3, maybe the timeline moved up. It is a little tricky though with not knowing which teams/driver will be in it, although you could develop most cars already (which arent that huge amount tbh compared to DR2.0) add the 2022 liveries for the time being and than later add the correct liveries.

Another factor are the locations. Based on internal contract information the known locations for 2023 could already be developed. And just like they did with F1 games, introduce certain location with an future update. 

 

Yes, it could be a bit early for the release of the WRC game, but...
- WRC season starts already in January, so earlier than the F1 season, which starts in March.
- You not want to release the game around the same time as the F1 game. 
- The WRC schedule has less rounds (13 vs 22 rounds)
- MotoGP games also come out in April. And they have multiple classes, teams, drivers and tracks. Yes, they update liveries and content during the period after the release. 

Also WRC has not the most 3d-models for cars needed. 
- Rally 1 = 3 models
- Rally 2 = 5 models + 3 older models (of which 5 were already in DR2.0)
- Rally 3 = 1 model

Yes, there might be 1 or 2 new models for these classes. Also maybe like a Clio Cup or something and historics. But it aren't the greatest amount of models. 

 

Edited by JorritVD
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2022 at 2:01 PM, JorritVD said:

Hmm, maybe a chance for a Codies rally game in early 2023?

Also WRC has not the most 3d-models for cars needed. 
- Rally 1 = 3 models
- Rally 2 = 5 models + 3 older models (of which 5 were already in DR2.0)
- Rally 3 = 1 model

Yes, there might be 1 or 2 new models for these classes. Also maybe like a Clio Cup or something and historics. But it aren't the greatest amount of models. 

 

@JorritVD, dont fotget the Rally4 and Rally5 class 😉 
As well i think if you look at the F1 games, old school/ legendary cars will be added as well 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

https://insider-gaming.com/wrc-23-build-your-own-car/
 

rumours about WRC23

one thing, i hope codemasters will follow the FIA homologation papers if the feature build your own rallycar will be out.

you are not allowed to just add a gearbox or different parts to a car for competition, there are strictly rules to follow called fia car homologation to make competition fair….

feature could be really fun as i proposed in this topic.

but if you make a FIA wrc game i hope codemasters will follow to fia rules.

Fingers crossed! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting thought, My son was 6months old when DR2 came out.  In about 6 months from now, he will be 5.  So I can develop a human faster than 50+ people can make a game...  perspective

 

another thought from an old man, Ken Blocks EV Gymkhana video is an abomination..   I watched it just in hopes it would win me over.   Tire smoke is fun, but that sound is awful and EVs don't shoot flames (obviously).   Once again in the final ARA round he crashed out and gave Subaru the win.  2013 all over again.  lol 

 

 

Edited by gfRally
brushed up on my English
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, gfRally said:

Interesting thought, My son was 6months old when DR2 came out.  In about 6 months from now, he will be 5.  So I can develop a human faster than 50+ people can make a game...  perspective

Wait...what!?
DR2.0 came out in february 2019, so the game turns 4 years in a little over 3 months from now.
Your son is now 4 1/2 years old.
You need to refresh your math before your son goes into school, or you will be embarrassed quickly by a 6 year old, made 😄 

That's still a quite long time for the DR-Team to make a new game, but we all know the reason for this.
There is no DR3 coming.
The next game will be "WRC 23 The official Videogame", will be an unfinished yearly bugfest of a videogame, filled up with cosmetics nobody needs, just to have a reason to sell us a podium pass/battle pass/season pass of some sort.
I also predict very little or even no classic cars and a turn back on driving physics to "reach a broader audience, so everyone can enjoy the game".

Mark my words.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Wait...what!?
DR2.0 came out in february 2019, so the game turns 4 years in a little over 3 months from now.
Your son is now 4 1/2 years old.
You need to refresh your math before your son goes into school, or you will be embarrassed quickly by a 6 year old, made 😄 

That's still a quite long time for the DR-Team to make a new game, but we all know the reason for this.
There is no DR3 coming.
The next game will be "WRC 23 The official Videogame", will be an unfinished yearly bugfest of a videogame, filled up with cosmetics nobody needs, just to have a reason to sell us a podium pass/battle pass/season pass of some sort.
I also predict very little or even no classic cars and a turn back on driving physics to "reach a broader audience, so everyone can enjoy the game".

Mark my words.

Not agree 4 years old development for arcade game , maybe wrc 23 have 2 mode same than dirt 4 gamer mode or simulation mode 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 3:10 PM, MartijnvH said:

With Codemasters securing the WRC License, and the ERC and WRC rallychampionship license combined.

 

could it be possible that we will see the next wrc game by codemasters including the ERC rallies/ championship?

I see that you can get a subscription on rally.tv that covers ERC, WRC and WRX. As WRC and WRX are now in license by EA it looks a small step to also do something with ERC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Janneman60 said:

I see that you can get a subscription on rally.tv that covers ERC, WRC and WRX. As WRC and WRX are now in license by EA it looks a small step to also do something with ERC.

WRC license is under EA, just because the owner has multiple licenses under them, doesn't mean one = a catch-all.

Besides, it all depends on scope.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Social Media & Community Team
On 12/12/2022 at 12:05 PM, tbtstt said:

End of an era. Been pretty quiet here the last few years, shame to see all the archive chat gone. 

If you want to back up the Gossip thread now's the time 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...