Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Maybe @ChristinaMc could answer some questions as we have to wait until November for the update...no detailes answers, just YES or NO ;)

Is there a new location coming with the next update?
Will clubs be available?
Do some cars get a physics update?
Will liveries (so beautiful ones as you showed on Twitter for the Fiesta) be usable in clubs?

Thanks in advance...let us dream and give us some answers please...!
Link to post
Share on other sites
Myrvold said:
KevM said:
Why bother.  Who would you be competing against?
Who knows. But it would be useful to know. I feel we've* been holding out for more than enough time to figure out what to do with the next season in RDRC. If they just don't get the club thing out for D4, we'll likely do another one in DiRT Rally. If they get it out for D4, we'll have a look at that, and then decide, depending on the number of players. The last thing we would like to do however, is to go for DiRT Rally, just to have the clubs patch come for D4, and somehow getting a bigger number of players there.

* we = RaceDepartment.
One important thing in that decision is if d4 gets VR. And I don't even have that. But simply these days a race/rally game has to have VR.
It's a mystery that I can't quite figure out. Dirt Rally is one of the most acclaimed VR experiences on the web. If you google around there is a load of people saying it's brilliant. But for some reason codies seem to be holding back on VR. I can understand why with F1 a good VR solution is not possible, but Dirt 4 is pretty similar to Dirt Rally in terms of system demands, so it should be possible to do VR on it.

So that leaves only the following, either there were not enough sales of Dirt Rally VR to justify doing it, or they are actually doing it and it's going to be released at some point.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Myrvold said:
KevM said:
Why bother.  Who would you be competing against?
Who knows. But it would be useful to know. I feel we've* been holding out for more than enough time to figure out what to do with the next season in RDRC. If they just don't get the club thing out for D4, we'll likely do another one in DiRT Rally. If they get it out for D4, we'll have a look at that, and then decide, depending on the number of players. The last thing we would like to do however, is to go for DiRT Rally, just to have the clubs patch come for D4, and somehow getting a bigger number of players there.

* we = RaceDepartment.
Implementing cross-platform to the DiRT Rally leagues would be a win to be honest
Link to post
Share on other sites
If we look at ProjectCars2 VR and how well it works and runs, it seems pretty obvious that designing the game to run in VR from the start was pretty successful and the title seems to be well optimized for VR and overall.

Dirt Rally VR suffers from some performance issues in VR - especially in RallyX mode so it's clear that CM have to do some deeper code work to get the best results. There needs to be a plan for VR from early on with a willingness to design the game engine with that in mind. Tacked-on VR will always come with compromises although, Assetto Corsa's VR does work quite well beyond the lack of VR support within the launcher itself.

If SMS would make a dedicated RallyX title next, I'd be first in line to purchase it but, I hope they do pursue Rally stages too - if they do go that direction at all. Their physics engine seems well suited to dirt and the FFB I'm getting from the RallyX cars is really very good with convincing torque-steer and sense of variation in surface grip levels according to conditions. The RallyX content in PC2 has turned out to be the biggest surprise of the title for me.
Link to post
Share on other sites
carpa said:
20 new comments in the DiRTy Gossip Thread:

they're about how to pronounce "FJORD" correctly.
For a brief moment, the clouds parted, and there was gossip. Then someone mentioned fjords, and the clouds rolled back over
Well, going completely off topic and talking about things that have no relevance to the DiRT Games (if you don't play DiRT 4 in Norwegian) is what this whole thread should be about. Plus, the pronunciation of "Fjord" is actually more likely to come in handy for the developers than helicopters...
Link to post
Share on other sites
Slowish said:
If we look at ProjectCars2 VR and how well it works and runs, it seems pretty obvious that designing the game to run in VR from the start was pretty successful and the title seems to be well optimized for VR and overall.

Dirt Rally VR suffers from some performance issues in VR - especially in RallyX mode so it's clear that CM have to do some deeper code work to get the best results. There needs to be a plan for VR from early on with a willingness to design the game engine with that in mind. Tacked-on VR will always come with compromises although, Assetto Corsa's VR does work quite well beyond the lack of VR support within the launcher itself.

If SMS would make a dedicated RallyX title next, I'd be first in line to purchase it but, I hope they do pursue Rally stages too - if they do go that direction at all. Their physics engine seems well suited to dirt and the FFB I'm getting from the RallyX cars is really very good with convincing torque-steer and sense of variation in surface grip levels according to conditions. The RallyX content in PC2 has turned out to be the biggest surprise of the title for me.
Suppose it depends what you mean by "VR". If you mean PC then I guess so. Always bearing in mind that PCars2 was released over a year ahead of Dirt Rally.

For PSVR, I don't believe there is a VR option on PCars2, so you might argue Dirt Rally is infinitely better :)
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
It's spelled Jag-U-ar

I've never near Fjord pronounced any different than fe-yord

I'm learning the Mexican derivative of Spanish and everyone says Halapeenyo - how is it supposed to be?
It's kind of like the n in onion. It's more like Hala pain yo.
bogani said:
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
JZStudios said:
Etirion said:
You guys arent reading into this enough, what does norway have? FJORDS! What other country has Fjords? New Zealand! Rally NZ Fjord Stages confirmed
Hmm, Fjord is often pronounced as just Ford, which means either we are getting more Fords or a wily haired ginger with a towel.
Hey JZ, did you just pull that straight out of your a$$? ;)

Why would anyone pronounce Fjord as Ford? It's not like it's a tounge twister.
It amazes me how upset this makes people.
This from the same people I've had arguments with about saying words correctly such as Jaguar. Or the people that say Jalepeno wrong. It's an enye with the ~ over the n.. it's not pronounced halapeenyo.
But sure, I say people say Fjord like Ford and everyone loses their minds!
I'm not the crazy one here alright!
You are!
And for the love of GOD! It is not Jag you are!
You seem to be the one that is silently upset about people saying things wrong.

Let it out, don't let it build up inside you ;)
Oh, oh okay! So I'm still the crazy one here! I didn't start this!
Link to post
Share on other sites
carpa said:
20 new comments in the DiRTy Gossip Thread:

they're about how to pronounce "FJORD" correctly.
For a brief moment, the clouds parted, and there was gossip. Then someone mentioned fjords, and the clouds rolled back over
There's only one right way, and it's with goofy bullshit as opposed to anything useful. That's your break in the clouds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dirt3joe said:
Slowish said:
If we look at ProjectCars2 VR and how well it works and runs, it seems pretty obvious that designing the game to run in VR from the start was pretty successful and the title seems to be well optimized for VR and overall.

Dirt Rally VR suffers from some performance issues in VR - especially in RallyX mode so it's clear that CM have to do some deeper code work to get the best results. There needs to be a plan for VR from early on with a willingness to design the game engine with that in mind. Tacked-on VR will always come with compromises although, Assetto Corsa's VR does work quite well beyond the lack of VR support within the launcher itself.

If SMS would make a dedicated RallyX title next, I'd be first in line to purchase it but, I hope they do pursue Rally stages too - if they do go that direction at all. Their physics engine seems well suited to dirt and the FFB I'm getting from the RallyX cars is really very good with convincing torque-steer and sense of variation in surface grip levels according to conditions. The RallyX content in PC2 has turned out to be the biggest surprise of the title for me.
Suppose it depends what you mean by "VR". If you mean PC then I guess so. Always bearing in mind that PCars2 was released over a year ahead of Dirt Rally.

For PSVR, I don't believe there is a VR option on PCars2, so you might argue Dirt Rally is infinitely better :)
 

Yeah - sorry, I'm not into the console scene at all so I didn't even consider that option. On the PC, Dirt Rally VR is not what I would call a refined VR experience at all but, it is great as a Rally experience in VR as the rather dated RBR is the only other Rally option on PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Slowish said:
dirt3joe said:
Slowish said:
If we look at ProjectCars2 VR and how well it works and runs, it seems pretty obvious that designing the game to run in VR from the start was pretty successful and the title seems to be well optimized for VR and overall.

Dirt Rally VR suffers from some performance issues in VR - especially in RallyX mode so it's clear that CM have to do some deeper code work to get the best results. There needs to be a plan for VR from early on with a willingness to design the game engine with that in mind. Tacked-on VR will always come with compromises although, Assetto Corsa's VR does work quite well beyond the lack of VR support within the launcher itself.

If SMS would make a dedicated RallyX title next, I'd be first in line to purchase it but, I hope they do pursue Rally stages too - if they do go that direction at all. Their physics engine seems well suited to dirt and the FFB I'm getting from the RallyX cars is really very good with convincing torque-steer and sense of variation in surface grip levels according to conditions. The RallyX content in PC2 has turned out to be the biggest surprise of the title for me.
Suppose it depends what you mean by "VR". If you mean PC then I guess so. Always bearing in mind that PCars2 was released over a year ahead of Dirt Rally.

For PSVR, I don't believe there is a VR option on PCars2, so you might argue Dirt Rally is infinitely better :)
 

Yeah - sorry, I'm not into the console scene at all so I didn't even consider that option. On the PC, Dirt Rally VR is not what I would call a refined VR experience at all but, it is great as a Rally experience in VR as the rather dated RBR is the only other Rally option on PC.

Although OR/PC has the grunt to deliver a better experience, the 3-4x sales advantage of PSVR over OR probably means PSVR is the most likely choice IF the hardware is strong enough to deliver a decent experience. I think it can happen on rally. Not so easy on rallycross or circuit racing with multiple cars on PS4, which is why I guess we see no F1 or  Pcars2 to date on PSVR. Tough choices for marketeers to make I think.
Link to post
Share on other sites





Although OR/PC has the grunt to deliver a better experience, the 3-4x sales advantage of PSVR over OR probably means PSVR is the most likely choice IF the hardware is strong enough to deliver a decent experience. I think it can happen on rally. Not so easy on rallycross or circuit racing with multiple cars on PS4, which is why I guess we see no F1 or  Pcars2 to date on PSVR. Tough choices for marketeers to make I think.
Well, numbers are what drives the industry but, that doesn't sway me toward consoles or away from Sim's. The best VR possible isn't going to satisfy me if the handling is off and I can use triples for cases where VR is not supported.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Slowish said:





Although OR/PC has the grunt to deliver a better experience, the 3-4x sales advantage of PSVR over OR probably means PSVR is the most likely choice IF the hardware is strong enough to deliver a decent experience. I think it can happen on rally. Not so easy on rallycross or circuit racing with multiple cars on PS4, which is why I guess we see no F1 or  Pcars2 to date on PSVR. Tough choices for marketeers to make I think.
Well, numbers are what drives the industry but, that doesn't sway me toward consoles or away from Sim's. The best VR possible isn't going to satisfy me if the handling is off and I can use triples for cases where VR is not supported.
I still can't believe Sony pushed the PSVR considering the console REALLY isn't near powerful enough. I bought a Pro because I didn't already have a standard, but there is not enough difference to reasonably call it "Pro."
Link to post
Share on other sites
dwkGravey said:
I still have suspicions Codemasters might double-down on the rallycross mode, and make a full-on WRX (DiRT Rallycross? WRX official game). Perhaps there's some rescanning of Hell to be done?
Please note that urgaffel flagged this comment as "Off-topic", since it is not fjords.

Sorry to disappoint, that was a fat finger scroll on my phone :D
Link to post
Share on other sites
As the Dirty Gossip Thread is off-topic I Will help to carry on the off-topic page streak (600 pages off-topic LOL) with an OnBoard Camera of my rallying weekend, hope you enjoy it. In case you don't know which car it is, is a Fiesta R1
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=377734012656169&id=365581727204731
Link to post
Share on other sites
urgaffel said:
dwkGravey said:
I still have suspicions Codemasters might double-down on the rallycross mode, and make a full-on WRX (DiRT Rallycross? WRX official game). Perhaps there's some rescanning of Hell to be done?
Please note that urgaffel flagged this comment as "Off-topic", since it is not fjords.

Sorry to disappoint, that was a fat finger scroll on my phone :D
DAMMIT. I'll be over here, waiting for a complete WRX game.
Link to post
Share on other sites
As the Dirty Gossip Thread is off-topic I Will help to carry on the off-topic page streak (600 pages off-topic LOL) with an OnBoard Camera of my rallying weekend, hope you enjoy it. In case you don't know which car it is, is a Fiesta R1
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=377734012656169&id=365581727204731
Quick stage that one!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...