Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

CMMcBabe said:
tbtstt said:
 I wonder if that balances the AI times when you use certain cars? 
Yup!  That is one of the key fixes of that part.
It seems as though it hasn't worked. Just done a quick test on a Spanish stage in BMW E30 and Ford Sierra, same difficulty, time of day (obviously same stage). The top AI when I was driving the BMW did a 1.19 on the stage, but was 30 seconds slower when I was in the Ford.

I'm playing on Xbox by the way and was running 'demanding' difficulty
How multiplatform is multiplatform? I've read many times that Sony won't allow Xbox users to play with them online?
The clubs is the same as leagues in DiRT Rally. You drive on your computer, not against humans, and times are uploaded to the site. It is not directly playing with anyone online, so it should not affect them.

Good to see that we don't need to set up 3 different leagues, and then merge the times together anymore, but there is nothing in this patch that will bring many people back to D4. Probably some to check out the patch, and that's it.
  • Codemasters Staff
APR193 said:
CMMcBabe said:
tbtstt said:
 I wonder if that balances the AI times when you use certain cars? 
Yup!  That is one of the key fixes of that part.
It seems as though it hasn't worked. Just done a quick test on a Spanish stage in BMW E30 and Ford Sierra, same difficulty, time of day (obviously same stage). The top AI when I was driving the BMW did a 1.19 on the stage, but was 30 seconds slower when I was in the Ford.

I'm playing on Xbox by the way and was running 'demanding' difficulty
Cheers, I will get someone to look into that.
Dirt rally is a great game and one of the best added features was the introduction of VR. Just can't believe this roadbook has still not a single mention of it for dirt4. Thst is just very disappointing...
Considering the Graphical processing power required for it to work well on Dirt Rally i'm not too surprised we aren't seeing it on Dirt 4, dynamically generated tracks are much harder to optimize for performance compared to static ones, I've already seen much larger performance variances compared to Dirt Rally so Dirt4 would probably windup with too many dynamically created tracks that are unplayable under VR, Probably runs into further limitations of the game engine too.
Hatward said:
How multiplatform is multiplatform? I've read many times that Sony won't allow Xbox users to play with them online?
It's very multiplatform. 

Xbox One / PS4 / Steam all play together. 

:) 
Isn't that a first then? You should definitely be letting the game sites know :wink:
Just mentioning it again. It is not "play together" as in jumping in an actual RX race together, one on PC, one on xBox and one on PS4. It's only the clubs that are cross-platform. So it equals to playing by yourself and uploading times to a webpage (which is what's being done in-game) :)
dotmartin said:
Nice to see that stuff is happening again.

However, I cannot see any clubs with any active championships in them. I have joined one or two but they do not appear in-game. Anybody with a similar problem?
No mine seem to be working fine, maybe they don’t have active championships? Hint: try mine -
https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/30463/michaels-league

although I forgot to put service breaks in this week!