Jump to content Jump to content

Jack4688 said:
Don’t forget group A too - I’d definitely prefer a DiRT Rally 2 style game where Codemasters can really let loose than a probably too restrained title because it’s got to appease the WRC promotor
I always had that impression from Codemasters. That they didn't want to be restrained by a strict license. I'm starting not to be so sure about that now.
Jack4688 said:
Don’t forget group A too - I’d definitely prefer a DiRT Rally 2 style game where Codemasters can really let loose than a probably too restrained title because it’s got to appease the WRC promotor
I always had that impression from Codemasters. That they didn't want to be restrained by a strict license. I'm starting not to be so sure about that now.
Me too. But what happens when a company that doesn't want to be restricted by licences starts to be restricted because it doesn't have a licence?
carpa said:
Me too. But what happens when a company that doesn't want to be restricted by licences starts to be restricted because it doesn't have a licence?

Wow that really blew my mind. Who knows? My guess is we're about to find out. 
carpa said:
Jack4688 said:
You mean like, I don't know, struggling to get WRC cars in (even if old) or not being able to use real stages anymore, like they did in DiRT Rally?
If they were going to go for a licenced game I’d like to see them go for individual rallies much like how RBR had Pirelli International Rally, Rally Hokkaidō etc. - it gives them the freedom to make up an imaginary but well balanced ‘world series’ or whatever, bit still with a sense of realism to the events. Under those circumstances my personal picks would be Azores Rally (the volcano stage), Killarney Rally of The Lakes (Moll’s Gap) and Rally Whangarei (pretty much anything with huge camber!)
Jack4688 said:
If they were going to go for a licenced game I’d like to see them go for individual rallies much like how RBR had Pirelli International Rally, Rally Hokkaidō etc. - it gives them the freedom to make up an imaginary but well balanced ‘world series’ or whatever, bit still with a sense of realism to the events. Under those circumstances my personal picks would be Azores Rally (the volcano stage), Killarney Rally of The Lakes (Moll’s Gap) and Rally Whangarei (pretty much anything with huge camber!)
RBR had Arctic Lapland Rally too which would be a fantastic winter rally due to the stages being very fast.
Jepsertti said:
Jack4688 said:
RBR had Arctic Lapland Rally too which would be a fantastic winter rally due to the stages being very fast.
Did they use real stages aswell?
As far as I’m aware the only true to life part was the big drop from the Mineshaft stage of Rally of Canberra, everything else was an approximation of the stages from the six rallies represented in the game.

But it still feels like more unique miles of stages in RBR compared to recent rally games, even if you don’t download the RSRBR mod - which has scores of extra stages, some of which are real.
JZStudios said:
No one have any good gossip now? How about any fun dinner? Kebabs? Pizza? Cookies? Quetzalcoatl?
I'm pretty damn sure that's an old Aztec divinity, a feathered serpent to be precise. I'm wondering if it would taste better with baked potato, chips or maybe in a hambuger...
Or maybe fried, because everything tastes good when fried.